1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Reid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Same as Kaepernick, he sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly! Regardless of how good he is or isn't he isn't worth the BS. Hopefully all of these prima-dona's who think they can hold the NFL and it's fans hostage for their personal ***** sessions will all go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    we can’t get into that on here, i’ve already gotten a yellow card but i just think by looking at his stats and the words Rivera spoke about him, he could
    be a talent we could use. he is certainly better than Sean Davis. we need to use the last years with Ben the best way we can and not let off field distractions cloud our judgement.

4. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    the prima-dona’s are the league, like it or not. there are other sports you can root for like hockey, swimming or diving. they have no controversy.

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Is the cancer you bring in the locker room worth the cost to the cap (which we do not have). No to both.

6. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I get it that he could get better, but this isn’t a developmental league. when he signed a first round contract, there are expectations. A first round contract is a serious cap hit and a team cannot win trying to allow for baby steps. I know that’s ruff but this isn’t HS or College. He advertised himself as a first round talent through his agent, you gotta back it up.

7. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    you have no idea if he is a cancer, you are speculating about things you do not know. Coach Rivera, who is well respected, has a different opinion of the kid. I’m going to speculate that he knows more than you.

8. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Big Al went against the rest of the locker room Monday night because he had a certain set of values he wanted to live by and wanted to display that, does that make him a cancer??? I don’t think so, i respect him for doing it. You can’t respect a guy for going against the grain just because you agree with him and not the other guy because he is saying things you don’t like. Everyone has the right to express themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The Steelers DO allow for baby steps, & it payed off with Stud Dupree (a little late). & the rookie caps are fixed, no?

The advertising bit is a reach but I applaud the effort.

Tomlin is responsible for 1st round status not Terrell.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    not all first rounders make the same research the QB at Arizona. Bud was slow to develope because he was forced to play on the opposite side to allow Harrison to keep his position. since Watt arrived and they switched, it has been like night and day.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    More like they benched Harrison to allow for baby steps. Why do you think Deebo was so upset? He knew (along with everyone else) that he could outperform Dupree every year they both were there.

12. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Harrison was at the end and everyone knew it. he had to be allowed to skip practice and do his own thing so he could keep up. Basically he couldn’t run anymore, he still has all the strength anyone could need. you saw what happen when he went to NE, they used him sparingly and let him go. he was great but it always has to come to an end. it’s just sad the way he went out. AB went out sadly in a different way and it’s a shame because they were both beloved here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Agreed. He was still a step above Dupree at the time.

14. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    harrison was mainly a weakness in pass coverage at the end. he got so big and muscular it seemed to slow him down to the point he couldn’t cover tight ends.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope I never post something foolish and then try to defend it with 22 other posts (and counting). But hey, I’ve done more embarrassing things.

• Like Like x 1