1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers D wowzers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Sep 14, 2020.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think it has to be the first time I saw an NFL team go on a 19 play drive and not score any points.

That was the one bad thing, Plus you can't give up a 3rd and 14 when you have them backed up in their end zone.
    Give up 11-12 yards and make them punt.

Luckily they forced the turnover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes I read it and understand. You are correct. It’s up to butler to adjust and mask those deficiencies. As I said before we won super bowls with these level of players

3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The most important thing is the TEAM won the game. Some people can't be happy because they hate Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If we win 3-0 or 56-53 I don’t care. Just have to find ways to win and work on what went wrong

5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Thank you, Dr. Freud. Where is the hate you speak of? I disagree with you. I disagree strongly. I don't hate you. I don't hate the Steelers. I don't even hate our HC. I like the guy. I met him. Shook his hand. I even said that he's probably a good person, father, and husband. I said I loved his unity speech. Where's the hate again? Seriously. I just don't think he's a good NFL coach. Hate? C'mon man. Get real.

6. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes the defense needs to be better on 3rd and long going forward.

7. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well the facts show the he is a good NFL coach. It's clear you hate him. Your hate of him doesn't allow you to recognize Tomlin as a good NFL coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Some people want to win the Super Bowl, not go undefeated. I don't care what our record is or the scores of the games as long as we win the Super Bowl. But game one is showing me that the defense I'm hoping we can rely on can't necessarily be relied upon MOVING FORWARD, either because the personnel isn't up to task, or the HC isn't. Maybe both. I'm thrilled to have watched my team find a way to win a game that they have lost in the past. That's encouraging. But we're on borrowed time with Ben. I honestly wouldn't have been upset with starting out the season at 0-1 if I saw something that told me that our defense was ready and that our offense had potential. Wins and losses at the beginning of the season aren't as important to me as seeing the pieces in place to win it all.

What our victory Monday night told me was that we MIGHT have the pieces. I was hoping to be more convinced.

9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Hey Burgh, your rose colored glasses are showing. Facts? No. You can spin a winning percentage and him riding piggy back to a SB as facts, but it's not facts. And it's not clear I hate him. Because I don't hate HIM. I think he's out of his depth as an NFL HC. You are trying to make it sound like I'm racist or something. Like I can't see through my hate. That's not the case and you need to stop. Again, I looked the man in the eye a few years ago. I shook his hand. He is a family man first, and the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers second. Just ask him. He'll tell you that. Because that's what he told me. He said that being the coach of the Steelers isn't who he is, it is what he does. I respected that. I still do. So just stop your attempts at assassinating my character as it relates to Tomlin.

10. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    We all want the Steelers to win the Superbowl. It's extremely difficult to win the Superbowl. Need to play well and have some luck a long the way.

We will need to rely on all ares of the team to win games. To me it looked like our defense picked up from where it left off last season. The defense wasn't perfect but they made key stops, created turnovers, applied pressure, eliminated the run, and most importantly limited that offense to 13 points. The challenges will be different every week.

No one knows at this point what the Steelers will evolved into. It's to early to know one way or another. It's good to start the season with a win. i will continue to remain positive about this team's chances going forward. The injuries on the OLINE are a major concern this early in the season.

11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    How can anyone try to justify that Tomlin isn't a good HC after 14 years?

• Like Like x 2
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    He's a good coach, but in my opinion.... the Steelers will not win another Super Bowl with him as HC. There's 10-15 good coaches in the NFL.... but only about 5 of them will win Super Bowls in the 2020's. And Tomlin is not one of them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When Belichick takes away a opponent's best player, he's considered a defensive genius, when Tomlin does it he gets criticized :shrug:.

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    People cannot be pleased. I have said Tomlin will do what Tomlin does. Other than the roster mistake, Tomlin did things differently Monday night. The Steelers decided to take away the other team's best offensive player, something they haven't done in the past. They did it and they won. When they play Baltimore, I will expect them to make Jackson beat them with his arm. If they do that, the Steelers have a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agree to disagree then.

Not going to continually argue something so trivial.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Mike Tomlin might as well somehow, someway, find a cure for COVID 19 to be forgiven at this point!!! :eek:

*** DISCLAIMER ***

Statement is meant for satirical purposes only!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe they will or maybe they won't. It's funny but people never said the Steelers would win a Supberbowl with Cowher. People said Andy Reid would never win a Supberbowl. I have faith that Tomlin can help the team win another Superbowl. I don't think I'd watch the Steelers if I didn't believe that Tomlin could help the team win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You and I agree completely on all that. No argument here.

19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Dark Hoodie does/did a lot more than simply take away opponents' "best player.' Cheating aside, his teams wreaked havoc on both sides of the ball with far less talent. Tomlin has done the opposite. He has done far less with more. You're trying to bake a cake with one ingredient if you want to make that argument.

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Wise.

One man's trivial is another's Lombardi.

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    So what, you stopped watching the Steelers from '85-'88? Because with the talent we had, there was no coach pushing us over THAT hump.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

What ever you say buddy!! :thumbs_up:

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers haven't had a defense this good since 2008, guess what they won the Super Bowl that season :shrug:.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The 2010 defense wasn't too shabby either. Offense blew it in Super Bowl XLV vs. Packers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think that 2010 defense got exposed by Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl.