1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bold Prediction for week 2

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Sep 15, 2020.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With Ben being back our Receiving group is much more dangerous...The addition of Ebron is huge as well..This will force the Denver Defense to respect the passing game and leave them with 1 less run stopper if we spread them out...

I predict a 25 to 30 carry game for Snell with a close to 5.0 ypc average and 2 or 3 scores...He will also catch 3 or 4 balls for close to 50 yards or so.. Snell is my DK lock of the week ... No Snell no cash..lol..

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    20-25 carries for Snell

1-2 tds (Ben will be padding his own stats near the goal line)

4-5yds a carry

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Make McFarland active next week :shrug:

4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I watched the Broncos Titans game last night and this is another game on Sunday the Steelers should win. The Broncos have to come here and play a 1 o clock game on the East Coast on a short week on the road and I just don’t think the Broncos have enough on offense to do enough to beat the Steelers. The Steelers should win this game on Sunday against Denver by 2 TD’s if Ben plays well and the D does its thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I remember the last time they played Denver, Conner fumbling without being tackled, Grimble fumbling at the goal line. Also Ben throwing that bonehead int in the endzone to end the game :facepalm:, I think that was AB last game with the team.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This is at home at least, not that it really matters. Broncos have a pretty good D too

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    At least they won't have to face Von Miller, also their RB Lindsay was injured on MNF, he had a good game against the Steelers in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The secondary will look better due to a more balanced defensive game plan.

Snell will continue to impress.

Ben will look even better.

The Steelers will win convincingly.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They are a Team speed based Defense they will want to keep things in front and run plays down from behind..The way to beat that IMO is spread them out and run right at them and then use PA ..Hell who am I kidding that's my main attack most of the time no matter the opposition , but on a short week and long travel not being in true Football shape yet..You damn right spread them out and pound the ball..Snell is just the man for the job..

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As long as Tim Tebow isn't under center we should win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Long time no see PWP! Hope you’ve been well.

Denver did a good job against Henry and AJ Brown. Henry didn’t go over a 100 yards until the end and they neutralized Brown. Connely was the go to guy for the Titans last night, I’m thinking this could be a good game for Johnson if Denver does the same to JuJu.

Steelers need to plan for Fant too, he’s turning into the threat he was projected to be coming out. Engram would have had a better game but had some drops. Could be a pivotal matchup in the game.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Need some home run ability in the Rushing Attack. Been missing that for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’ll be activated but don’t think he will be ready to see the field yet. I think Denver will know exactly who is getting the ball if he’s in.

Do we really want a small rookie RB with no preseason picking up a blitz?

Maybe give him a carry or two, see if he can make something happen but if he’s in, better give him the ball. Will be difficult to do anything positive with Denver keying on him.

14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    courtland Sutton was out and should be back for week 2...…… hopefully Nelson will have his act back together again

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would not be too worried about Nelson. Seemed like a lot of unusual miscommunication all around in Week One. I am certain that, with some tape study, that will get itself corrected.

The middle of our Defense is something that concerns me heading into this matchup; Noah Fant doubly so.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    More worried about Edmonds then Nelson. Nelson has shown he can cover, Edmonds has not.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin said after the game that they put the secondary in a bad spot, their gameplan was to sellout to stop the run.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Give him some screen passes, or jet sweeps, then he won't have to worry about picking up the blitz.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They lost to Denver in 2018, I don't even remember who their QB was.

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Case Keenum. Or was it Casey Kasem?

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    AJ Bouye probably out, and he was the one blanketing AJ Brown. And hell, if our #2 receiver has 101 yds cause they want to stop Juju, more power to them.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice to be back.. I hope all is well with you and yours,,,You make some very valid points and I do sort of agree..If we can't Impose our will it very well could be a Johnson game....I just got this feeling about Snell he just really looked the part,,It seems he has trained very hard he seems stronger and faster with better vision than he used to have..I still see him on full display this week he has put in the work and even against a good Defense I think he is going to shine..

• Like Like x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Snell endorsed by PWP... I hope it doesn't follow the same outcome as Redman and DHB...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    ABs last game was against the Saints and he had a monster game. JuJu fumbled that game. Then next week AB did AB things and got suspended for week 17. Steelers missed the playoffs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well at least this prediction seems somewhat possible unlike that Redman debacle a few years back.