1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitt vs. Austin Peay

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Austin Peayed the bed.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They do have the best cheer though: Let’s go Peay!!!

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Next up: Sister's of the Poor U! HTP! :lolol:

4. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    And then the always dangerous Manatee Community College, who used to play the Pirates in spring training games. And beat them.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well - Heinz Field has been good to both Pitt and Steelers so far this year. Combo of Pitt and Steelers D leading USA cities in sacks right now. So there's that. HTP! HWGS! :clapping:

6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Watching NC State at Pitt right now, and Pitt is stepping on their collective d**ks with penalties. NC State using the Flacco method of throwing deep with no chance hoping for and getting defensive PI.

Pitt has a talented defense, especially their front seven. But, they are poorly disciplined at times, especially with penalties. Where have we heard that before?

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Another Pitt Collapse. Classic Pitt. Shocking!! :facepalm:

8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I hear ya, brother. I only saw the first half, but I wasn't surprised with the outcome.

9. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    3-0 start to the season, now 3-4. Completely and totally annihilated by the Irish today. They keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. Boneheaded penalties, blown assignments, dropped passes. Can't run the ball, can't stop big passing plays. They have a real good defensive front but it's pretty hard for the defense when the offense can't get anything going. Not a big fan of Narduzzi but the program is well past the type that could attract quality young coaches or established winners. They had a good one in Dave Wannstedt. Then they hired Haywood who was let go before ever coaching a game after a domestic violence incident. Then Todd Graham, that weasel that texted his players he was leaving for ASU. Then Paul Chryst who was a good man, but understandably left for his alma mater Wisconsin. Now 4+ years of mediocrity under Narduzzi. When I was a kid in the 70's, Pitt had a perennial powerhouse. Now it hopes to get invited to a minor bowl game. Sad.