1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And he was what? Picked up by NE,played in a game, until the sexual assualt case came up. And actually he requested to be traded/released from pitt and oak. Wasnt like they just happily released him.

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He quit on both Oakland and Pitt, and ne was happy to pick him up the next day. He got released from them because of legal reasons liek you just said. Not his ability to play. Had his ability of play been the problem no team would even entertain him for a workout. The problem is his off the field issues and elbolity. Not his ability to play. And he signed to NE for a little bit of nothing. I dont think money is the main thing hes after right now.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, it shows how bad you are as a person. If you want a douche on your fantasy team, fine. It’s fantasy. You want that same guy on a real team?
    You brought up T.O. Great receiver but, he blew up two teams with his attitude. Great hands don’t help much when you piss off the coaches and QBs

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Keep S ing your H until it falls off. Character is, and should be, more important than hands

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree. Give me a Hines Ward who had both great character and great hands over AB any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Give you a Hines Ward?!

Give me a Julio Jones over A.B. Julio will end up surpassing A.B. anyway. The whole point is moot at present.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Regarding JuJu though, he do hope he does get his money. At the same time, I hope he can continue to be very good. One cannot undersell his historically first two seasons.

8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I just looked at the depth chart. Who the hell is Ray-Ray McCloud?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Switzer's replacement.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Availability does...something AB thought he could control but doesn't. You'll be lucky to see another whole season out of him & his attitude.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So the team should be given juju all he wants money wise next yr. He is avaliable and thats all that matters

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its not. Chractarer doesn't win you football games.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont play fantasy so not talking about that. And he blew up teams and guess what? Teams still signed him until he was wahsed and couldn't play anymore. Why? Becuase he could play. They dotn care if you produce at a high level how you act. Someone will give you a chance. Its why tomlin tolerated AB long as he did until AB asked for a trade.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah you said it best. A guy who was a great person AND a GREAT PLAYER. A great wr is not whats on pittsburgh roster rn.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Who would you rather have on your team this year, AB or JuJu? Yeah, all the other football analysist agrees that it's JuJu.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I respectfully disagree. We have one already. Many just do not know his name yet.

They will however. Soon enough.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but bad character in AB's case.... can severely disrupt the locker room. We found that out in 2017 and 2018 seasons. Starting in '17 with the cooler incident vs. Ravens.

18. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The Steelers keep drafting wide receivers because they know this...the receivers develop, contribute for several seasons, then move on to the $$$. Their model is to always have a quality pool ready to step in. It works.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who?

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Based on what? Who's the better player?

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    We didn't win in those seasons because the defense was bad. If we had last yr's defense in 2017, they'd have won the sb that year. Sucks that one the defense got good, the offense got bad.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As I said, you will find out soon enough. If there is one team you should not underestimate in terms of drafting Wide Receivers, look no further than Pittsburgh.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JuJu, Johnson and Chase all have potential to be great.

JuJu’s first 2 seasons were already great. Gets a pass from me on last season but needs to show up this year.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is a fascinating discussion to watch. In one respect our resident young analyst is right. It is about availability. I have no doubt that if there was no pandemic there would be several teams that would be trying to sign AB with what I hope would be some strict language in his contract about legal issues and social media. Right now with uncertainty around everything teams can't afford a wasted roster spot for the first 8 weeks. Those games could be the determining factor between a playoff berth and sitting at home.

All of you guys arguing with him and I love you guys, I love this place I really do. Stop trying to soften the blow by telling yourselves Brown can't play. I witnessed that man do things that very few players ever could. Yes he is toxic now and would blow up a locker room but the man can play. I have zero doubt that if the allegations about his behavior to the trainer or the artist hadn't surfaced it would have been Brady's swan song against Mahomes in the AFCCG.

Still pretty sure he could step onto any field with a contender and put them near the top. He also could go crazy and drive into a wall but lets not go there.

All of these doesnt lessen thd fact that Juju can play as well. Different type of player, different type of person. Sorry Brown went Loco but glad Juju is a Steeler for however long they have him.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I watched the same guy, he hasn’t played since 2018 and he’s getting older, Father Time is undefeated. I think it’s ludicrous to say he is better than 99% of all WR’s.

For a small guy like AB who’s game is dependent on route running and getting separation, age will effect him quicker than most. Being away from the game for so long won’t help either. Bell is younger and look how much his play dropped off.

I think it’s crazy to think AB will step on the filed and automatically still be the AB of 2017.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1