1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    we are gonna lose JuJu..and when he leaves he will remain professional about it..not like Wallace, or Sanders, or AB..and its gonna suck even more..we won't be able to hate him and he's gonna go somewhere and it's gonna be LIT there..

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I do not see a Top 10 Franchise type WR on this team.

We have good quality Wrs, but there is not a standout in the bunch. Ben will be able to move the ball around this year with this bunch of WRs and Ebron, but there will be no one WR that will still be the goto guy like Brown was. With so many options it is going to be tough for a Steeler WR to get over 1,200 yards and crack the top 10.

I searched for the top 25 WRs in the NFL and I was able to find JuJu pretty much always buried in the 20s
    Never was there a Steeler WR in the Top 10 rankings for 2020.

Granted it is only going to take 1 idiot to offer JuJu the moon, but I say the odds are high the Steelers will be able to bring back their entire WR core for 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

JuJu will be getting paid top dollar. Again, free Agency is about being Free and not about being good. Very seldom is it about being good. Luckily, by virtue of his accomplishments, his age and his immense ceiling, I imagine that John Sherman "JuJu" Smith Schuster will have zero issue finding suitors who are willing to pay top dollar for him.

$10 says he becomes a New York Jet and reunites with Sam Darnold. Wildcard but possibly biggest one would be the Las Vegas Raiders. Nevermind the amount of money Jon Gruden would throw his way either.

That would launch his YouTube Channel into the stratosphere! :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What is that "Must be Nice" stuff.. is that supposed to be a dig?

That is the kind of stuff that really makes me wonder if JuJu might have some AB tendencies?

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel machine.

Yes, in big part JuJu's stats do depend on Ben's health. I agree. Just as with every other "Pass-Catcher" on the team. Also, I think with Washington, Johnson, Claypool, Ebron and McDonald all aboard, JuJu will have some of the "heat" taken off of him. These other five are just too much IMO for opposing defenses to deal with. In the past, let's be honest now, at least some of JuJu 's success was due to the attention that AB was receiving from opposing defenses.

With the five that I listed above, I see all of them helping out one another in that regards. In fact throw in Conner and Samuels (great hands coming out of the backfield). In all, this counts up to eight Pass-Catchers that defenses are going to have to account for in one way or another. That is why I have been ecstatic about the totality of weapons on the "O" side of the ball for us. Of course, this in big part is contingent upon Ben's return and maintenance of good health.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

6. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I like JuJu, but I would rather us try to save every penny we can to keep the defensive core together. The Steelers have a knack for drafting and developing receivers. The only question is Ben staying healthy so those receivers can produce. Brown was the exception. He was a generational talent who could carry the offense on his back and make everyone around him more effective. It's just a shame he was a generational head case as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope he stays with the Steelers. I agree, if he has a bounce back year he may be out of our pocket. I've said for previously, before we lost AB (or AB lost it), I did not think AB would see the end of his contract in Pittsburgh. The way JuJu was playing Pittsburgh was going to have to make the decision on a young WR or the 33 year-old-receiver. As much as we loved AB before the drama, I would have went with JuJu.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ab at 33 is still better than 99% of the league and is better than juju.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That explains why so many teams are fighting to sign him......

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No one still knows if he will be able to play. Hes still not completely cleared. He got the 8 games but Goodell said depending on what happens with his pending cases that could change. Why bring him in if you dont know if he can play? Him not being signed is about his eligibility not his talent or ability..

11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    All the talent in the world is useless if not applied. Your hero is worthless at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hes already a hall of famer career wise so i wouldnt say it hasn't applied. Hes just trying to get that ring at this point.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its facts. You can only really argue thomas, julio, and hopkins over him.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't doubt the talent is still there.

However, that talent currently doesn't override the potential suspensions, headaches or locker room problems he now brings.

I think eventually he will get another chance at the NFL and he will play well. He must have learned by now how quickly his dream can disappear. And if he hasnt, his return to the NFL won't be a long one.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Did not realize AB was still a super star. Correct me if I am wrong but did he play a full season last year?! Did not think so.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, it’s more about his character. Lots of guys can catch a football and they’re not douchebags

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No its about him not being elgible. When he got cut from NE it was because he had that sexual asault situation going on. T.O was a character problem and he KEPT getting jobs until he couldnt play anymore. Why? His eligibility wasn't a question. Keep being mroe concerned about someoen being a person instead of a better player smh.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The suspensions is the thing it can't override because what can anyone do for you if their not eligible to play. If his eligibility wasn't up in the air he'd have a job easily. Everyone whod oesnt like him on this board is ignoring that point and acting like his locker room problem is why he's not signed. No, its because no team knows whether he will be eligible or not. Once his case is resolved someone defientely is picking him up and probably will be seattle or bmore.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't need a top 10 franchise WR to win Super Bowls, Seattle and New England didn't have top 20 WRs.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You kinda just explained why he's really not better than 99% of the league right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    His character problems got him thrown off the Steelers & Raiders.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He'll get a job offer, but I doubt that he'll see an offer that comes close to meeting his financial expectations (at least in terms of guaranteed money). It's not just the looming suspension, it's his overall track record that shows a fair likelihood of future incidents that can affect his availability - probably a higher probability than 99.9% of NFL players. He quit on his team during potential playoff run in 2018. He joined a new team in 2019 and quit on them without playing a game. He joined the Patriots, and then bit the hand that fed him with some choice words for the owner after he was let go for legal issues. He's an elite talent, but he's a ticking time bomb emotionally. That all factors into what he'll see for money.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hasn’t played since 2018 season except for 1 game with NE. He’s 33 years old. He is not better than 99% of the league, that’s just FA crushing on his idol.

I explained the effects to him about missing so much football when Bell was away from the game for so long. AB will struggle the same if he ever even gets back on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How? A suspension means how good you are at WR?