1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben is in great shape

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Aug 1, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was hoping someone else would have posted this so I didn’t have to start a post being a grump.

Ed Bouchette was on 93.7 The Fan Radio (Local Pittsburgh sports radio). He was talking about How much weight Ben had lost and how great of shape he was in.

That’s the good news. I seriously hope he plays well. That’s the Steeler fan part of me.

Ben also took $200 million from the Steelers in the past, or whatever, and apparently never tried to get in shape when he obviously could have. Shame on him. I have little respect for him as a man and I have less now. Imagine maybe we could have won a little more if he had tried?

Grump over.

• Like Like x 2
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He did try Cryotherapy at one point.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At least he didn’t frost bite his feet like some other dumb $#]¥

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah he could have been more focused. He thought he was good enough & basically he was. :shrug:

If he came along in the 70s, Noll probably would have broke him down. Tomlin doesn't know enough about football to have done it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m glad he is in shape but yeah, I do not believe that he has been 100% all in in terms of effort and dedication to his craft his entire career. He had success early and perhaps that played in to it.

I do think he has matured and I think he will be good next season. I don’t see him being a tier one elite QB ever again though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ToomsHugsNuts

ToomsHugsNuts Member

Jul 31, 2020

This ranks with the most clueless posts I have ever seen.

A stunning example of doesn't get it...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. ToomsHugsNuts

ToomsHugsNuts Member

Jul 31, 2020
    You don't say?

He's a 38yr old going into his 17th year in the NFL...

...WFT dude.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bens stats haven’t been eye opening most years I would put him in tier 2 category. Brees, wilson, Mahomes tier 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is more clutch than Brees or wilson. Tier 1 clutch behind Marsha, Mahommes, Wentz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Ben led the league in passing in 2018, that’s really not that long ago. Brady was still the best in the league at that age. Rodgers is nearly the same age as Ben and is still a top class player.

With better protection and more favourable rules we are seeing QB’s play longer. I don’t think it will be a massive stretch to see many of the pocket passer type QB’s play until 40 in the future.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

But welcome.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I think Mahomes and Wilson are in a tier by themselves personally, JMO. Wilson is held back to an extent by Seattle’s run first system, he is such a great passer. I’d include Rodgers with them if healthy as well. Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson very close too, albeit I have my doubts about LJ in high pressure situations.

Brady and Brees have regressed for me, they need everything around them to be perfect to have success at this stage. Brees almost has that though, best OLine in the league, Kamara and Thomas, Sanders now as well. The Saints roster is tremendous on paper.

We won’t know about Ben until the season starts. Steelers need him to be a top 10 QB, hopefully he can be

• Like Like x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Que Super Bowl 49. He is not top tier.

Mahomes is the top tier. Everyone else is a notch under.

Weinz is a choker. The eagles won that Super Bowl with a journeyman who played like a Hall of Famer with ice in his veins. Weinz is not a long term answer thats why they drafted Jalen Hurts.

Who knows how Ben is going to play. Do I think he is still a gamer? Yes. But I feel he is going to need a solid running game going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Wilson is better now than he was then. If he was in Andy Reid’s system with those weapons I think he would be awesome but there is certainly a good argument that Mahomes is better.

Agree on Ben. Give him a solid running game and good protection and he will be very effective hopefully

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Wilson hasn't done much, why is he top tier? How many Seattle wrs are probowlers? They win with their defense.

Forgot about Rodgers, he is top tier.

Mahommes the best.

Brees is a stat machine, great decision maker but folds in the biggest moments.

Wentz needs to stay healthy along with his top receivers. Philly is snakebitten with players on the disabled list at te, wr.

Lamar is a generational athlete that happens to play qb. We will see if he can produce from the pocket.

Ben is lazy like the op called out. Rodgers gets lazy too. Both have it in them to put the team on their back & bring the thunder.

Watson is right there, top of the 2nd tier . Needs to start carrying the team to the playoffs consistently.

Allen, Idk yet but I think he will be the best of that draft.

Mayfield is nothing without his roll right safety valve.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Regardless of Ben's condition then or now, he can't overcome poor leadership and absentee coaching.

Now that's how to introduce yourself!:hehehe:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He doesn't have to be in great shape. As long as he's not a slob anymore that's all that matters

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If you don't think Wilson has done much, you haven't watched him play much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I've only really seen him in the playoffs. At this point I would rather have Ben leading the offense in a one or done situation.

Big Ben - 31 comebacks, 42 game winning drives

Little Wilson - 21 comebacks, 28 game winning drives

Ben is more clutch. :thumbs up:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Russell Wilson has been one of the best QB’s in the league in recent years. He can make all the throws and is particularly good when the play breaks down, as it often does in Seattle because their line is garbage.

If I was starting a team today I’d take Mahomes as my QB, but after that I’d probably take Wilson personally. Their roster overall has been pretty poor but he keeps Seattle relevant every year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Exactly I think Russell Wilson does the most with the least.
    Yeah he went to 2 super bowls won 1 lost 1 (thanks Pete Carol)
    I think you will see him in a Super Bowl again before he retires.

Wilson runs for his life half the time and still performs.

If not for Russell Wilson Steelers would have beat the Seahawks last year at home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I never stated who was or wasn't more clutch. You stated "Wilson hasn't done much", which is false.

Also, I would expect Ben to have at least twice as many comebacks and game winning drives as Wilson, since Ben has played in the NFL twice as long as Wilson.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Wilson reminds me of Fran Tarkenton. Somebody has to be really open before he throws the ball.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Not always. :unsure:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I did state that Ben is more clutch. Trying to back up my argument with convincing facts. I need to look at how many of those comebacks where in Ben's early years. & yeah, Wilson has a ways to go. 2 SB is greatness, more than that is doing something.