1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown suspended by the NFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    AB can get a job. The question is whether he can get a job that pays anywhere close to the guaranteed money he thinks he’s worth. He comes with a huge buyer-beware label, and I think a team would be stupid to guarantee him much money. I think there’s a good chance that Mr. Big Chest ends up complaining on social media about owners “colluding” to keep him from getting paid.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    All he has to do is call them racist. Somebody will start a go fund me for him, Al Sharpton will call a press conference..............

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    His suspension is weeks 1-8 regardless of whether he is on a team or not according to NFL website so a team could pick him up mid season if they find they need a receiver. He can start on week 9 even if they just pick him up then.

As others have stated, you can’t really give him guaranteed money. Let him earn it game by game. In terms of a contender that need him, Green Bay could desperately use him. They have Davonte Adams and virtually nothing else at receiver or TE. I still can’t believe they picked Love on RD 1

Arians has already ruled out Tampa IIRC. They have too many mouths to feed anyway with Evans, Godwin, Gronk etc.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Imagine them 2 egos together in Green Bay.
    Bills, Pats, Ravens, Pack, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, just about any team could use him for their run.

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, the NFL is punishing a player who's not playing for any team by not allowing him to play for any team? Only in 2020 does this make sense!

6. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    He can sign anywhere he wants but can’t play weeks 1-8 of the season according to Nick Shooks article on NFL website. I was surprised to read that myself. I had assumed his suspension would only kick in once he was signed by a team.

They have done him a big favour if Shook is correct because I think his best chance of getting signed is mid season if somebody loses a starter to injury or whatever. He will need to behave himself between now and then of course.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's asking a lot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My guess is that he’s mistaken. It makes no sense.

9. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    The article is below, can’t imagine he would have his facts wrong. He says categorically that the suspension starts week 1 regardless of his employment status.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/antonio-brown-suspended-eight-games-nfl-2020-season

That will make it much easier for him to find a job. I expect that he will pay off the lady that has the civil case against him and he will be good to go.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think he pays the lady also. If he comes back humble, he can get a last big contract ($15mil) from a team that he wants to play for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    For eight games he may get $8m - $10m or thereabouts with very little guaranteed, and he will put himself in the shop window for 2021.

Regardless, I expect that his story will ultimately end in tragedy and bankruptcy at some point in the future. That gives me no satisfaction whatsoever btw. He must be dealing with some mental health issues given his behaviour in recent years.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah I was talking about 2021 if he toes the line this year. Who knows, maybe he will dive into his life's work after he wears out his welcome. I don't see him in broadcasting or coaching though.

Btw -

Aaron Rodgers

19 playoff games in 12 years

Wildcard 4-2
    Divisional 4-3
    Conference championship 1-3 (ouch)
    SB 1-0

Bridesmaid...:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    1 Super Bowl and he beat us lol

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Wasn't he on fire that year? His only conference championship win in 4 tries.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    AB quits on his team twice. Demands that he be eligible to do it again.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly what job and what pay is he suspended from?

Can you get temporarily laid off when you are fired and unemployed?

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Where will Mr. Big Chest find a team that runs through AB instead of the QB? If he is smart he'll go with a savvy vet that will tell him to shut it & run your routes.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    In an era of big “if’s” that one stands out....

• Agree Agree x 1