1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephon Tuitt gets it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Lets see what happens when ratings are down

2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Boomer.

Honestly, I do not care about Mr. Tuitt’s stance about The Flag. In part, this is my point that I have stated numerous times around here about all of the advancements in Telecommunications in this day and age. Again, for those of you who may have forgotten, or who do not know, I am a Computer-Technology Teacher. My point is, I do not care for every single aspect of this field. Thanks to the Internet and Cable TV we have to hear about every tidbit of so called “Information” every second of every day. Great for Mr. Tuitt. Hip-Hip Hurray!

Moving on, a simple rule of thumb here folks. Just put the shoe on the other foot. As a Public School Teacher, no one at my job wants to hear about my personal stance on this issue and many other topics that are not pertinent to my job. I do not use my teaching position as a platform to voice my opinions that are not related to the specifics of my employment. You better believe that if I did, I would be called out by my boss. I would be directed to stick to the boundaries of my contract and to excel at those goals and objectives which I signed up for. End of story.

Mr. Tuitt’s job is to play football. That is what he should 100% be focused on. Anything beyond that is taking away from that 100%, which in turn means he is not committing himself 100% to the job that he was hired to do. I want a 100% dedicated to football Mr. Tuitt. Not 99%, not 98%. Again, I want a 100% dedicated to football Mr. Tuitt.

Whatever his stance is on The Flag so be it. Keep it to yourself Mr. Tuitt. No reason to broadcast it to the World. The World will soon enough find out anyway once the Anthem is played at the games. Plus you do not have to explain yourself to anyone. That seems to be the “back-pedaling” norm today. Some of those who go against the so-called “majority’s view” feel the need to explain themselves. I say BS. You know it is coming. So, if you feel you are up to this task then good for you. However, and again, it is now taking away from the 100% dedication that you are supposed to be giving to the Pittsburgh Steelers. And in the end that is to win games and ultimately a Super Bowl.

My position at my job is to teach. Not to be a spokesperson for topics not related to my profession. Mr. Tuitt is my guy. As I have always stated around here, as long as you wear the Black & Gold you are my guy. IMO, Mr. Tuitt should stay more focused on completing a healthy season and winning a Super Bowl rather than bringing in extraneous discussions that have nothing to do with the job at hand.

Also, and not trying to be funny, in fact it is very heart-breaking, this sample of Mr. Tuitt’s writing skills are saddening. Again, I am not trying to call the man out. As a Teacher, I find it downright disappointing that for a grown man this is where his level of written expression is. I would normally say “disgusting” but not here. Again, Mr. Tuitt dons the Black & Gold and thus I am down with him. In fact, he should direct more attention towards improving his literacy skills if he wants to focus on something outside of football. If he reads this post by chance, and would like my help as a teacher, he can send me a private message.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Typically there are 53 players on the team. The press interviews the same 6-8. There is a reason for this. Even Deon couldn’t speak English when he retired, but the networks sent him to school, per se.

With that said I have no room to pass judgement. I learned my “ English” on the streets of North Side Pittsburgh. Fortunately I did learn other useful skills.

4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jeh1856.

Well, let us hope that the Steelers' Organization addresses his literacy shortcomings or someone. Because life after football may not be that promising with his current set of writing skills. Literacy follows a progression: Listening> Speaking> Reading> and Writing. Writing is the most difficult to master. Currently, this does not bode well for him. The good news is that he can improve, if he wants too.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jeh1856.

You must have added on that second part to your post. I am not passing judgment, just stating facts from what I see. Hey we can all break out the violins. I will not disclose where I grew up. However, I am guessing that "North Side Pittsburgh" is pretty "tough". I too had it tough, growing up in Public Housing in a Southern New England City. No silver spoons here. Like you, I learned to "compensate" to survive. Nonetheless, my "street smarts" only carried me so far. However, the older I got the more I had to conform to mainstream society to achieve what I wanted and that was to become a teacher. Besides my "street-wise" skills, I learned how to play "the game" from "both sides of the fence". Given that, I would be more than glad to tutor Mr. Tuitt if he reached out. I have done it for many years now here in the Baltimore-City Metro area.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I did. I did it quickly but not quick enough. :smiley1:

7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jeh1856.

As long as you are breathing there is always time my friend. Just do the best that you can "Champ".

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jeh1856.

Just finishing up on a different note. No need to respond. I saw a few more "Autumn" leaves today as the calendar turned to August. Some trees are just biologically programmed that way. However, it reminds me that Fall is right around the corner and Steeler football is right there with it. So, with that.... The B & G!

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hickory in particular starts loosing its leaves now.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh, I did ok in life. Those other talents were in engineering and finance. Not bad assets.

I just learned early on to hire good secretaries.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Nice jeh1856.

Tremendous fields to be involved in. You must be a "Math/Science" person? The World could not have been built without you. I have got to run. I have genuinely enjoyed chatting with you. I have not been engaged on "The Board" that much as of lately. As football picks back up I will most likely do the same here. Take care.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We must be the only two people on the board now :drinks:

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And now back to football:

Go Yinz Stiller’s n’ at

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd say writing is the easiest skill to learn. Listening would be the hardest imo.

15. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but this wouldn't be an issue if the kneelers would concentrate on their jobs instead of social issues. They have the right to their views but not to state their views by kneeling while on the clock. Since the league allows and even seems to encourage them to make political statements on the clock then Tuitt has the right to voice his opinions while off the field. I don't understand why you'd question Tuitt for making a statement while off the field without holding the kneelers to the same standard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m stealing this for the next senior management team meeting at work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If I had Tuitt's type of money, I wouldn't care about writing skills :shrug:.

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey LambertsDentist.

I hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

No, I am 100% with you. You would think with my long-winded post I was clear (smile). I am sorry if I was not. I am with you 100%. Mr. Tuitt has every right to express his opinions as does every player in the league. Your Quote: "this wouldn't be an issue if the kneelers would concentrate on their jobs instead of social issues". Yes, Yes and yes. That was my point, for both sides on the issue. I do not care which side one is on for this issue or any issue that is at the forefront today. Part of my post referenced that.

I am for expressing one's point of view on a given issue. Just not at the job; whether on the clock or not. Just because the tweet was not done "on the clock" the two really cannot be separated as his demonstration will take place at the job and while on the clock. The job should not be used as a platform to do this. Below are two excerpts from my post which I think reference that concept. I do realize that his tweet was done on his time, in a sense. However, I do not think that it can be separated from his job because this is where he will exhibit his stance, at the job, on the clock. The same for those with opposite views. Again, IMO, the job is not the place to do this.

Maybe the following excerpts from my post back this up?

My Posts:

Mr. Tuitt’s job is to play football. That is what he should 100% be focused on. Anything beyond that is taking away from that 100%, which in turn means he is not committing himself 100% to the job that he was hired to do. I want a 100% dedicated to football Mr. Tuitt. Not 99%, not 98%. Again, I want a 100% dedicated to football Mr. Tuitt.

Also, me again:

As a Public School Teacher, no one at my job wants to hear about my personal stance on this issue and many other topics that are not pertinent to my job. I do not use my teaching position as a platform to voice my opinions that are not related to the specifics of my employment. You better believe that if I did, I would be called out by my boss. I would be directed to stick to the boundaries of my contract and to excel at those goals and objectives which I signed up for. End of story.

This is the biggest point:

With my job, as a Teacher, what I do off the clock DOES connect back to my job, whether I like it or not. I view the same for professional athletes. it just comes with the territory. Like it or not.

Thanks for the feedback, good stuff my friend. Take care and stay safe.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

Long time my friend. I hope all is okay in your world.

Well.... yeah....uh....sure. However, education gives you greater freedom and independency. The ability to communicate effectively is critical in this day and age. Maybe he gets away with this in a different era. Not today. We live in a time that is driven by education and literacy. Most jobs today require one to be effective communicators. Sure, you could rely on others to do these things for you. However, most of us probably are not that rich to be able to do that. And even if we were, at least for me, I want to be independently empowered and one way to do that is through education and being an effective communicator.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    People are so hard up for sports, ratings may go through the roof.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If all of us had Tuitt’s money, we wouldn’t care about your writing skills either.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They showed the percentage of viewership increase on the pirates first preseason game and it was huge. The country is starving for sports even bad ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Im gona try and watch but if they start their nonsence after every TD i wont watch for long .... My son got me a personlized Steelers jersy for fathers day.. of all the years to get me one this year would prob be the worst time.... lmao..

• Like Like x 1
  24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They need to send him back to school

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The year they reclaim the AFCN? The year they put a sock in the Ravens revival?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.