1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

There have been reports over the years that Hines was a far different person when the cameras were rolling

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If I call you a bastard for being 235 in spite of diabetes, does that make me an ass? My entire bucket-list bucket consists of sniffing 265. I got down to 280 before I ruptured a disc. IT WASN'T MY FAULT!! HONEST!! 8 months and back surgery later, I'm back to work but also back to 300. I need to stay on a strict diet and exercise regularly or my fat ass just gets fatter. Is there such a thing as reverse metabolism? I think it's called McDonalds, but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I was hospitalized with sepsis when I first found out I had diabetes, I was around 340lbs. . Had to have surgery to remove the infection in the groin area, yeah scared me. I really don't work out anymore other than lifting heavy objects at work but I do ride my bike (" I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike", thanks Freddie) religiously to help keep the sugars in range. If I take a week off then the diabetes starts winning again. It sucks but could be worse Glory Days, good luck in your battle. :thumbs up:

5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Thanks, brother. I topped out at 335 before the fam had in intervention and told me enough was enough. I don't have any excuses for my weight. It's all on me...literally. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Type 2 diabetes?

8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep. Runs in my family.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Or run with the money like he did with the Rooneys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m pre diabetic. Having problems now feeling jittery Weak or headaches after eating carbs or caffeine

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I have read some things about cinnamon helping pre-diabetics with controlling their sugar levels. Look it up bbh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks will do

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Sounds like nobody runs in your family...... hahahaha, Sorry Buddy, I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The NFL isn't expending active resources investigating him. They are under no pressure to conclude an investigation. It is "ongoing" as far as it is simply "not completed." If a team shows legitimate interest, or goes as far as actually trying to sign him, then you best believe the commish will get serious about turning over the stones to see what worms crawl out. Until then, no threats of retiring or demanding resolution will change the status quo.

15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay Mr. Big Chest, a couple things...

"I demand you provide me clarity on this situation immediately if you really care about my wellbeing."

You DEMAND the NFL does something. I'm sure you got their attention with that one!

"How is it that the league can just drag (its) feet..."

Who contextualizes their own statement? Answer: Your legal team when they forget that they are pretending to be you. EVERYONE knows it isn't AB making this statement because it is actually coherent, so why contextualize ONE sentence?

God Bless AB, he is just as entertaining off the field as he was on it. Got to give him props for being consistent!

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd whip you in a race disco. :rawk:

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would be willing to pay admission to watch that race.

18. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Never heard anything negative about Hines. I would be shocked if this were true.

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Read the Ravens or Bungles board...:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    AB still might not play again. NFL hasn't concluded the more serious investigation dealing with his assistant.

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He will pay her off.

He will probably be back in the league after the eight games are up. As much as he does not deserve that opportunity he is too talented to be left sitting on his couch. There isn’t a single team in the league that he wouldn’t instantly improve so he will get another chance.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Paying her off might be a little too late. Zeke set a precedent imo.

AB capable of toeing the line for 8 weeks without the Steelers holding his hand? Rosenhaus at the wheel?:zombie:
    Wonder whose interest he has in mind.

Is it football that AB misses or the limelight exposure? He will need to go to one of the better front offices that has a great QB for him to be sedated. I could see hoodie taking him in though.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was the plan the first time and he renegaded on the deal. That’s when all his problems really started to snowball.

24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    True, but when enough money is on the table it will be settled.

Like I said, he does not deserve another chance in the league and if he was just another ‘guy’ he would be done. You get several last chances when you are as talented and as formidable as he is. I expect to see him playing in 2020 personally unless there are further legal complications that prohibit it.

25. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL,... definitely I'm sure I can find plenty of negative statements on Hines on those boards. Then on the other side of it, you will get a lot of respectful comments from Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Most of those guys in the trenches had a mutual respect for one another. Best quote is from Brian Billick. He said Hines Ward was a player that used to frustrate the hell out of him. But, given the chance he would put 11 Hines Wards on the field and beat you every day. (Not and exact quote, just my memory from seeing the interview.)

• Like Like x 1