1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jul 1, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I see Newton is a Patriot now. I know we only played against him once or twice but wondering if anybody remembers how he did against us. Too lazy to research it but I think we smoked the hell out of the Panthers in the Burgh. I think JuJu caught a pass in the first minute and game was ours from there.

Now that he is a Patriot I'm sure his career will take off because that seems to happen to all who enter the Bellicheck zone. Probably have a line like this against the Steelers: 400 passing yards, 5 TD's:(

I did enjoy Cam the year Carolina went 15-1 and he would fling himself into the fans after a TD.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We beat him 52-21 a couple of years ago in Prime Time. Knocked him around quite a bit. Some one had a pick 6.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I keep seeing the talking heads bragging up how great a move this is and how Newton is the perfect fit for the Patriots. I want to know what they are smoking. There is no way Brady and Newton are even remotely similar players. That's like saying Alex Smith and Mahomes are essentially the same. NE is a precision offense where they prepare to the point of obsession( see Pats cheating) and having their players know exactly what to do. Cam is an athletic QB, he is constantly on the move a threat to pass and run. He isn't a take 3 step back look left and throw to Edelman on a drag route type. He doesn't fit the "system"

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not worried about Cam, the Patriots aren't on the Steelers schedule this season.

• Like Like x 3
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dupree had the pick 6 I think after Watt hit Newton, Cam wasn't the same after that hit :hehehe:.

6. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It was Vince William with the pick 6 after Watt chased Cam into the endzone...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Dupree’s pick 6 was off of Ryan Fitzpatrick when we played Tampa 2 years ago.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Was not worried about Cam when he played in Carolina. Really not worried about him now that he plays in New England. Besides, Buffalo's and New York's defenses are no cakewalk. Sam Darnold's development will be critical. As for Buffalo, they have the pieces and the Coaching Staff. Putting it all together will be critical; doubly so since COVID-19 shows no signs of fading away any time soon.

Miami is two, possibly even one year away, from causing some noise. However, Miami has played spoiler with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Assuming they give Tua the time he needs to recover, I wonder what the outcome of such a showdown entail?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Dupree had the pick against "Fitzmagic". Vince had the pick six against Cam in 2018.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We play some run heavy teams with good defenses...

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That we do.

However, how many of those teams can play from behind?! Dallas maybe. New York Giants though?! I have to see a bit more from Daniel Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If we force teams to throw we already won...

I think our defense is good enough to stop a pass heavy Dallas team... not so much a balanced one

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That was the last time he balled. He was i. The mvp convo before he got smacked around and hurt in that steelers game.

14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I hope Bill calls him out on every botched play in front of all his teammates to hurt his primadonna diva feelings and bring his humility level down a level that's respectable as an individual.

Then maybe Cam Newton could not only be a great player but a great person.

Signing him was a no brainer with what their options were at QB. Just don't give the baby what they want when they cry for it and they should be fine.

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Can’t wait to see Bill bellichexk with a losing record lol