1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Corona virus deter you from going to Heinz Field this season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019

The media LOL people still buy into that???

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    125,000 dead, pretty good bet that thousands of them were healthy before getting covid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Have you researched the average age of deaths in Covid?? Do you know a lot of healthy 81 year olds? Because that’s the average age of death in NY which accounts for the majority of deaths in the US. Plus you have people being listed as probable Covid when they were dying regardless. That 125,000 number is exaggerated greatly.

I wear a mask, I respect people and my family but this fear mongering BS is unbelievable. Life has risks there has always been sickness and death all around us since the day we were born. Yet here we are fighting on a Steelers message board so somehow we Have survived. As shocking as it may seem.

It’s like the saying bad news travels fast. It’s almost like people get off on this kind of crap.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is more than one. You need more waiving arms. ;)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I refuse to let you talk about Glemm that way!

Be safe JEH want to argue with you about TOMLIN after the apocalypse!

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Here’s the problem. Maddow tweeted the graph, but it’s not hers or whatever network she works for. It’s from Hopkins and despite bacarti’s whining they’re pretty freaking accurate

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Isn’t that cute? You don’t have a leg to stand on and you’re too stupid to realize it. So you try to insult someone you’ve never met. Just like that dip**** stone. You don’t know **** about me so you should really refrain from making assumptions

8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Look at that anger! Show some emotion. I know something about you after all.....

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok guys, let’s try to take the tone down a bit.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not a trouble maker but I am an engineer with a Pilots license. I was on a plane once sitting over the landing gear. As the plane was being pushed out from the gate I kept hearing the gear go clunk clunk clunk. It was clearly a bad bearing in the landing gear. Not something I want to land on. I flagged down a flight attendant and politely mentioned it. She dismissed me and told me it was ok. I decided I’d rather be thrown off the plane then get killed when we landed. So loud enough for several rows of people to hear me I suggested she have the pilot check it out. As she started to tell me I was going to have bad things done to me by the airline and police about a dozen less friendly passengers told her to go get the pilot. The pilot grounded the plane as soon as he heard the first clunk.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    It definitely kills older people at a higher rate than younger people, but NYC alone has had nearly 4,000 confirmed C19 deaths age 45-64 and around 700 confirmed age 18-44. That doesn’t count “probable” deaths. See my long post back on June 16 for more details. Like I said elsewhere, we need to respect what this disease can do if it’s allowed to spread unchecked. Also, it’s definitely deadly for a lot of people in the age 65 and up category that are still active in society and not in nursing homes or assisted living. I don’t think it’s a situation to panic over, but business as usual will cause tens of thousands of preventable deaths. Business as usual will also adversely affect the economy as much as a government mandated lockdown. If people see that their hospitals are being overwhelmed, and there are significantly rising infections and deaths, enough of them will avoid going out and doing business to be impactful.

I’m glad you wear a mask and respect others’ right to health.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dammmn. Good for you for speaking out!

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2020-6-30_19-53-42.gif

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s wrong about the average age of death anyway. Thats not true of America. CDC shows that the death toll skews significantly younger. People in their 80’s account for less than half of Covid deaths. 40, 50 and 60 year olds account for a larger share of those who die. The median Covid sufferer in America is 48 year olds.

America has a much younger population than Europe which that 80 year old average comes from. Probably accounts for the difference.

Dude knows nothing about me, have nothing to gain from being a fear monger, I just don’t ignore the obvious.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I said NY. Regardless their is no debating you people. So far gone it doesn’t matter

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Don't look at the bug on the windshield jellybean, try to see the road ahead. I did not use 100,000s of deaths because not everyone that drops dead weeks after infection was a healthy individual. What I am referring to as "otherwise healthy individuals" are the tens of thousands worldwide that have died from contacting the covid curveball with/without underlying conditions that are not terminal or age related. Yes it's happening. No fear mongering intent on my part, that is your contribution. Are you in an area getting hit hard by the "hoax"? Nationalities world wide haven't put protocols & measures in place to combat the spread of the hoax? It's not just the Steelers fans board that is trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Climb out of your basement & look around.

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Could you direct me to that information online? I can't seem to find it. Anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why don’t deaths in other states matter? And why doesn’t old people deaths matter for some of you :lolol:

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You’re wasting your time. Some people will be brushing sand from their hair for years after this.

20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    You are all right the end is upon us. Might as well head to the Golden Gate now! F it all

I was just trying to be optimistic. Sorry everyone

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Your opening line gave me a good and needed laugh:) All I could see is those old kung fu shows. "Grasshopper, don't look at the bug on the windshield, try to see the road ahead".

• Like Like x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've been in the woods or on the water for going on a week now, it definitely helps.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve been down to the Lake of the Ozarks 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Heading there the next two weekends also.
    Been a busy summer so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve definitely done some of both of those. It’s helpful to get out, and hiking, biking and boating are natural distance activities.

My wife and I may rent a house on Cape Cod for a week later this summer. We figure that with Massachusetts’ mask and occupancy rules it should be relatively safe to be out and about up there with appropriate safeguards.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.