1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Had an Interesting Idea

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Jun 21, 2020.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Say they cancel the NFL season. I think that would leave fans starving for something.

What if they had a way to use some modified Madden NFL program so that the players could each manipulate their own virtual player in a simulated game? I think I would give it a look.

They could make the roster up assuming that the #1 pick in the draft is a starter for each team and the #2 plays some, etc., whatever is the average after that for rookies making the teams. The actual head coaches call the plays and make substitutions, but the QB`s have audible calling ability to change the coaches play selection.

All this is possible in this age of computer programing, but they would have had to already be working on it by now to have it ready for September IMO.

Before this idea, I was thinking what it would be like if the NFL ran a rerun of an entire season on Sunday. Would choose to see the 2004 (Ben`s rookie) season where we went 15-1 or 2008 where we won it all. They could make a list of likely choices and fans could vote at ESPN.com. ESPN could then run the fans choice on Sunday in their viewing area.

What do you think? A lot better than nothing, right? Imagine they could do the computer thing and Juju catches a 70 yard TD pass, then the network cuts to actual Juju at home playing at home on the controller and he starts jumping up and down. Maybe they could add texting we could see. Juju sends a text to the defender, "burnt you pretty good" and there is a laugh.

Maybe do both ideas, eh? Better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would love to see NFL Network rerun entire seasons. Run them week by week, Sunday to Sunday just like it was real time. Would love to watch 2001 again. Really enjoyed that season until the AFCC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The UFC will be hosting their events on 'Fight Island', which is isolated from everyone who isn't mandatory to the fights (fighters, trainers, judges, camera men, ect). They will all be tested before they're allowed on the island, and there will be no outside contact while they are there.
    I'm thinking: FOOTBALL ISLAND!!!

[​IMG] ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You can do that with NFL game pass.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can you watch the entire 74-75 Steelers season or just recent ones?

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think it only goes back to 2012 right now but loads of documentaries etc on there to keep you going.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Play the games. I need it bad. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think their are countries where everything is back to normal. Move all the necessary NFL people to that country and play football. Imagine that logistic nightmare. Also, depending on the country we may be watching Steeler football at 2 in the morning.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I will fully get all of my Sundays back before I would ever support any of that nonsense.:facepalm:

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    They should go old school. Tabletop dungeons and dragons-style NFL games.

Mason: I drop back to pass and...
    GM: (rolls dice) You’ve been sacked. Deduct 2 stamina. Next play.
    Mason: I hand off to Connor...
    Connor: I take the ball and run forward...
    GM: (rolls dice) Sorry, you’ve been injured for the season. Deduct 16 stamina.

Etc.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I had a football board game called Paydirt from Avalon Hill in the late 70s. Always went deep (I was a kid) & always won because Pittsburgh had the best defensive stats. Franco & Rocky was pissed.

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Does anyone else remember the electronic NFL board game? Maybe that is how we play out the season.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The vibrating one? With the goofy kicker that you bent back the top to make the little foam football fly off into oblivion? I loved that game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I had paydirt! Great game! And even better game, Was a game called Bowl Bound...Look it up

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah. When the first week of the NFL season comes there better be some pro football on Sunday at 1 p.m. on the TV or there is going to be trouble! LOL.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Bowl Bound was awesome! Had the electronic vibrating game as well. Played against my brother all the time.