1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Conner Online Event & New Memoir

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Alex Brubaker, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Alex Brubaker

Alex Brubaker New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    James Conner to discuss his new memoir on Monday June 15th @ 7pm ET via live-stream with Akbar Gbajabiamila, 'Fear is a Choice.'

Event is free — signed copies available through the bookstore: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/fear-is-a-choice

2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I really hope he can get beyond the injury bug and become a legendary Steeler!

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
  4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm listening to this book now, about 2/3 of the way done. Got it on audible.com for one of my 2 books for June.

It's more of a self help book of anything else so far- almost nothing about his Steelers years so far.

However, it's really inspiring and moves quickly. I was one of those who wanted the team to find a new RB1 after last season, but I'm really pulling for him now. Don't bet against this guy.

Barnes and Noble had signed copies available for presale a couple of weeks ago for the list price, I ordered one, supposed to be coming any day now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

A good time for a memoir is when your career is over. No sense waiting.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Book finished.

Very little about his time with the Steelers, again it's not a memoir but a story of his battle with cancer and a self help book. It does well in the latter respect.

He has a great line about not admitting defeat until you are defeated. Good advice.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Unless he suddenly changes his running style injuries will always be a major part of his career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. His running style might lend itself to injuries, but it hasn't been the cause of most. What do you think he should change to keep from being injured? Run more compact? Not take on defenders? He has been running this way since high school.

9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

He runs way too upright and doesn't control his center of gravity. It's very odd and makes him susceptible to injuries nearly every time he carries the ball. Not sure how you can say his style hasn't been the cause of most of his injuries. Seems like an impossible statement to make to me. Even with concussions he puts himself in vulnerable situations.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He should quit trying to hurt the guy tackling him 1st & formost. Am I the only one seeing this? Maybe if he was built like Bettis.

11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I see it too. Bettis was a diesel powered Bus and could inflict pain while running over opponents. Conner is more a 4 cylinder minivan with a 3" lift kit who thinks he can do the same.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    In 2018, against the Chargers, he got his ankle rolled up on. He lowered his head and ran through the tackle. Phillips slid down and tried to wrap/twist his legs and landed on JC's ankle in an awkward position. There was nothing about his running style that created that injury. Looking for video of the other injuries, but haven't found them yet.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Must be a short book.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1