1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who were the worst QBs you remember as a steelers fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, May 23, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rudolph was absolutely thrown into the fire and the line sucked last year.

And the difference between Rudolph and the other guys being mentioned is he still has a chance to get better.

But he was awful, I agree with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    By your own definition, Rudolph isn’t even in the top 30. You just wanted to complain one more time.

:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We're on page 2 of this, and no one mentions Duck?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    All things aside, Duck did well. We should be thankful. I’m not saying he’s the future. He won half his games and had a decent passer rating in 5 out of 8 if I got my quick look at the stats right. Considering the fire he was tossed into, he did well,

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    5. "He could've been good but......….Harrison got to him and, and, and......he turned Rudolph against the whole team! Told him that Tomlin promised he'd be the starter forever. Said Bellychuck wanted him after Brady leaves."

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    what kind of dog do you have? I like the picture

7. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Just for a change of pace...would you put Kordell Stewart in your top 4 or 5 of all time great Steeler QBs?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes and no. You can argue he wasn't expecting to play because of Ben, sure. But you've had two NFL camps. Two years to be ready and you aren't? Sounds lazy. What's his end goal? To be a career back-up?

Duck was thrown to the fire. UDFA who played for a FCS. Was a camp body all the sudden going in against the Ravens. Duck handled it better too, sadly.

9. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    there haven't been that many great Steeler QBs. Maybe Bobby Layne, Terry, Ben, and there could be room in there for Kordell, or even O'Donell, Len Dawson was here for like 3 years but didn't play hardly at all so I guess you could put ole Kordell in there in the top 5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you need to change the wording from all time greats :lolol:

Kordell would be in the top 5, I would think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Kordell was one hell of a utility player, average qb

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Kordell was horrible. He never should have been used at QB. WR maybe. Safety maybe. But he clearly did not have the mental capacity to be a Quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Chocolate lab.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He may not have been the absolute worst, but I had unparalleled violent thoughts towards kordell. I never thought I would get that guy out of my life. He lost his job to Kent Graham for God sakes.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

When doesn't he?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. Put Kordell in the league today and he’s Deshaun Watson.

A different OC every year and trying to make him what he wasn’t is what killed him.

He arrived in the league too soon, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think he is ranked 3rd on the all-time list.
    1. Big Ben
    2. 2x SB mvp Bradshaw
    3. Slash

18. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Stiff Clout, without a doubt.
    Was an awful Quarterback who made me shout
    And fart and throw the remote and pee
    His career as a Stiller, two picks per TD......

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    WINNER!!!!!!!!

20. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Thanks.
    If there was ever a QB I would have bet money on to succeed, it was Cliff Stoudt. He had the size and arm, and he was in his fourth season when Bradshaw went down. He knew the system, he knew the receivers, etc. All the pieces were there but it just didn’t turn into yards and points. Looked like an NFL QB, walked and talked like an NFL QB, but wasn’t one. After that year he began the journeyman phase of his career. He actually played 9 years or something. I don't think he ever had a year with more TDs than picks. He must have fooled a lot of football people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tommy holds a place in my heart for the amazing comeback against the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game. What a wonderful family moment it was for me. I'll never forget that 4th quarter as we all held hands and Maddox had the best quarter of his career. We were at home and no way we should have been down 27-14 with 13 minutes to go but Tommy and company got us a 36-33 victory. One of my favorite Steeler games of all time. I know we got the winning score with under a minute left and I think it was some sort of trick play.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The Duck was a fun moment when we knew the season was pretty much a wash so I have no problem with him.

For me it's Kordella Stewart. Never got into the whole "slash" thing. His face at the start of that New England Playoff game, which was the start of the Patriot parade, showed fear and I knew we were going to lose that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Bubby Brister for me....just maddening..I went to college in western PA and there was a super hot chick enrolled there who was rumored to be his GF. We always called her Sunday afternoon just to give her sheet after watching the game. It was merciless lol, she eventually took her phone off the line.

I'm gonna be honest here, it felt great...eff that dude.

24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Your Avatar saddens me. I love the NHL Playoffs and was looking forward to watching Sid and company giving it another shot. Pens started fading a bit before the sports world stopped but one thing about the Hockey playoffs you just never know. I've seen 8 seeds in the Cup finals. Hell the Blues looked terrible most of last season until it mattered. I'm assuming there will be no Playoffs for this season.

• Like Like x 1
  25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Unfortunately I live outside of St Louis.....all I see is Blues gear.. I keep coming back to the phrase..."its the playoffs"... anything can happen. And I'd give my left nut for the playoffs this year.