1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Cowherd: Steelers No Longer Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, May 19, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Three and five I agree with. Disagree with four due to inefficient QB play. One I also disagree with. Two is up in the air as the defenses Ben has had since 2015 have not helped him in any way yet Ben has not helped in his own right.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This and the injury bug hit the team hard last year as well. Every team has injury issues, but we were starting 3rd and 4th string guys, as well as PS pick ups from other teams. Two years ago the team went 13-3, 4 of those wins (and one loss 3 pts), 1 win 4 pts, and 1 loss in OT. The next year team lost those very close games (Bad Bos did not help). Last year they had 4 losses greater than 14 pts, every other game (W or L) was with a TD or less (thanks to the D). Expecting a D to get as many turn over's as they got last year is asking a lot, but I do not see a great drop off in play. I guess my point is calling this a 7-9 to 12-4 team is not that far off, I fell better in close games with this D, but when you play that close to margins anything can happen..both bad and good. I also see little relevance in 'easy' schedule as compared to last years opponents records. Some have made enough changes to get just that much better to make a difference, others who made changes that will not work out.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't put much thought into Colin Coward, I see a 10-6 team and in the playoffs.
    That is if there is a season, which I doubt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Do you need directions to the Ravens fan site?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I’d be interested to see which organizations that Cowterd thinks are great.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ah shucks.... I thought I was a Patriots fan. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Lets ask him to put up a few thousand dollars on his prediction. Do you think he'd be all in with that? Of course not because they are never held accountable for all of their failed predictions and "expert" analysis.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Why would anyone really care what he thinks? There is better pickem results on this message board than what is on tv.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not a bad guess based on last two seasons. Can't wait to run my Prediction Poll this season. I enjoy seeing what board members think will happen.

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I was one game off last year. And people mocked me for it. :icon mrgreen:

Predicted 9-7 the year before and only missed it by half a game. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Cowherd registers high on the douche bag scale. But Bayless, Sharpe and Madden are even worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So did most of us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    1. Ben's elbow will be fine
    2. Ben will start fast this season
    3. We have Snell and MacFarland now
    4. If JuJu struggles, Johnson, Washington, Claypool will step up
    5. Tuitt will be fine

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Sorry, but #2 is just downright ludicrous. :facepalm:

Have you been watching the Steelers in September since 2016? The only game that Ben played above average was vs. Redskins in MNF opener. The rest of the games were either mediocre or awful. Steelers usually blow chunks on offense until October. It was like that when Brown and Bell were here, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Even if he does start slow, the defense should be able to pick up the slack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A little over a year removed from the AFC Championship after an injury riddled season ... gotta love the hyperbole.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think you're forgetting a season or two...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He did play alot of games as a rookie though so isn't like teams didnt have prior tape to prepare for. And I personally think he will be better ebecayse of the quantum leap he made and that primarily became becuase of how hard he worked on his passing. He stlli isn't an elite passer but he tuened from below average to a very capable passer

19. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I have no time for Cowherd anyway but the linked article is a joke .referring to MT as 'Tomlinson' and saying we will have an easier 2020 schedule as we finished third in the division.

That's not even lazy journalism it's just terrible

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His passing improved or did they give him more high percentage low risk throws? I'm being serious because what I did watch of his play last year i saw a brilliant job by the coaching staff of knowing his strengths and designing a plan around it. Heavy sets with RPO off of it. Getting those TE's into space so Jackson could make short dump offs if they stack the box to stop him running.

Even after his success last season if it was the start of the 4th and I was down by 14 I'd be taking Mahomes and Jackson would be really low on the list.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    As much as I dislike cowturd, this really isn't a hot take. This team has a lot of ground to make up in the division.

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You were the first year winner and almost the second. I really really hope this BS gets over with so we can enjoy Steeler football!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see how board members predict the 2020 record. I have a feeling a lot will predict around 8-8. I think I'm using Steeler total rush yards as a tiebreaker but still undecided.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    13-3 this defense is legit

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If I absolutely had to bet $$$ on what our 2020 record will be, I would sadly bet 0-0.

Since that's no fun to think about, I'm going with 13-3, and the #1 or #2 seed depending on tiebreakers with KC. This will be one of those seasons where the second or third best record in the conference will be a wild card team, in this case the Ravens at 12-4. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

I like these guys opinion more than Cowherd :herewego!:

• Like Like x 1