1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben is back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 18, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Andy Dalton 2.0 with that playoff record, just saying...:roflmao:

2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    that explains what the cat in your avatar photo is looking at.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No. If that were the case, it would be squinting.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not limited to men? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Does it look like he was caring for that thing?

6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Rollers.

This is what I have been harping about for days on end here. If Ben has any type of set-back we are going to, in all likelihood, see a repeat of last season's movie. I wanted Dalton. We could have had him cheap. Even if Mason or Duck or Lynch are the answer they will not be the immediate answer. From what I saw last year, none of them are ready to lead this team. Now, that is not to say that things can't change but for now I am with you in regards to "zero backup".

As I have also stated, this would be two years in a row of wasted talent. The "D" is stacked. The "O" is very, very good on paper. The big elephant in the room is Ben. And again, if he goes down we have no contingency plan. At least not a good one. I sense no urgency on Management's part either with what few media clips I have seen. Once again, even if Ben comes back healthy, let's say bionic-type better than before the injury but gets hurt again, then what? Not great foresight for a professional football organization IMO. Very poor planning.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm tired of management saying they are "happy" with Rudolph as the guy. How can anyone be happy with him at this point? I'm to old to enjoy having smoke blown up my butt. And that is all that this is. I suppose if simply not having a losing season and getting out of the playoffs early is your standard then I suppose we are good. The standard in Pitsburgh is different though. It's measured in Lombardis. NOT simply being average. So we agree on that. Coach Tomlin is here for as long as he wants to coach this team. So no changes there. We'll see what happens with this draft class in a couple years. I've pretty much decided I won't see the Steelers win another super bowl in my lifetime. Just like the Pirates never will win a world series in my lifetime. Kind of sad but the Steelers are still my team as they have been for 60 years.

8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The smoke is the first round grade they "supposably" had on Rudolph. Other than that he is not bad for a third round back-up. That's his ceiling.

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
  11. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    That was pretty stupid of him, and he went to a shop that wasnt legal to be open to boot, big risk to him and his young family........

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I have trouble following this reasoning unless he was holed up like a hermit. Isn't it more risky to go to the local Walmart or gas station, considering the volume of people? How about getting on a plane, lord knows who was there last.

13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I dont care what he does, if he gets covid thats his problem not mine, why dont he visit assisted care facilities and cheer the old folks up while he's at it, the way the idiots think in this country any more nothing surprises me..............

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think we're going to find out pretty soon that athletes and other celebrities will have certain privileges (and have had them) that the common folk don't have.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt there were many people there but the place wasn’t cleared to be open, shouldn’t have been there. Actually if everyone in there was masked up but Ben, he was the most protected. Wearing a mask protects those around you, not the wearer. Unless you have a N95 mask which are supposed to be reserved for health care professionals.

Ben may have had a mask on for all we know but took it off for his beard to be trimmed. Somehow, I doubt he did and who knows if anyone else did.

Edit* Actually just watched the video again and in the mirror you could see no one wearing a mask.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or maybe Rudolph can improve in his third season. Dalton wasn't coming here for cheap.

17. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    You must not live in western Pa. a lot of people including myself have quit wearing masks. The virus is virtually non-existent in most of the counties outside of the city of Pittsburgh. My county has had zero deaths, our neighboring county has had zero deaths. People have moved on and ignored Wolf's edicts and we have the backing of local law enforcement who have told Wolf that they will not enforce his decrees. A local town cop told me that a law has to be passed by both houses of the Pa Congress and then signed by the governor. Wolf skipped steps and one and two so any rule that he decrees is unconstitional.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not up on all the ins and outs of PA's state constitution by you may want to have your local cops look into the sections on National and State disasters and emergency powers given to Governor's during such times. I'm pretty sure that those powers allow for some broad interpretations of state's constitutional procedure. What you are describing reminds me of a girl that I used to work with who swore that friend of her family who was a cop told her that minors were allowed to drink as long as the parents allowed it and that it wasn't against the law. I told her to let me know how that went next time her and her underage cousins tried to get their drink on in public.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not even close. The highest risk is being in close quarters for an extended period of time with a person who is infected and is pre-symptomatic with no protection.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Mason will improve in his third season. The hard part now is to extrapolate to what point.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Every one knows what the drinking age is because that is a law. A decree by a governor that is not supported by either house of Congress is not a law. The law enforcement officials who are opposing Wolf in Western PA are DA's and sherrif departments. Even if you were arrested by the State Police for an infraction against one of Wolf's rules, the DA would drop all charges. So we are free to go in and out of places like Walmart without a mask and no one even questions it.

23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I’m still having a hard time understanding why places like Walmart Coscos Liquor stores can have mobs of people but other establishments can’t even be open? Some of this crap makes 0 sense when you start critically thinking.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    That's the issue. The Governor and the guy he has as health secretary have zero critical thinking skills. They basically ignored the folks that needed the help the most like those in nursing homes where almost 70 percent of the deaths have come from, and instead concentrated on those of us that could have protected themselves. Wolf and that guy Levine think we're children. There will be no herd immunity for us since we've all been isolated and there won't be a vaccine for at least another year. So how long will they keep us locked up? I guess we kiss Wolf's shoes and move on

• Like Like x 1
  25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have no doubt that you are right that no where is anyone going to prosecute over shelter in place laws it is just bad policy, however I'm just pointing out that in a national emergency things like the closing orders don't need state congressional support to put them in effect. Like I said your local officers might want to review those sections. In 97 the town i lived in was destroyed by snow storm, flood and fire. The governor and local legislation ordered mandatory evacuation and then city wide curfew for the hardest hit areas when we were allowed to return. There were set hours that you could be in your devastated area to begin clean up and they were patrolling to enforce those temporary laws. No one cared whether or not they voted on them we just did what was asked and got back to living our lives such as they were.

Now again your right probably nothing will come from ppl not obeying the rules, you never know. I hope you and your community are safe, I have lots and lots of family about an hour north of Pittsburgh around Clarion, Marionville, Tionesta and down in Cranberry township and into Ohio around Columbus. Everyday I text my Dad to see if anyone is sick. In my neck of the woods in MN we just had our first positive test at the place I work which employs 42% of the town and surrounding area. It was two days last week that the individual was at work around ppl and they have done what they could but let me tell you there is a really dark undercurrent running through the place among my coworkers. Hoping it goes away.

Anyway stay safe and hope you and yours continue to be well.