1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Team facility to open May 19th

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 15, 2020.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I apologize Blast ... I thought that I was still replying to steel hog. Cellphone replies ... smh

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No worries, defva, stay safe :drinks:

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, I figured that since I have been able to go to grocery stores, hospitals, Home Depots, nursery's, barber shop, etc etc etc and the same people are still working there and our cases are going down, why not. Look, I didn't cause this bug to spread and I will not let it keep me from doing things I want or am allowed to do. For me, I will be at the gym in a few hours and then the park for some PT and fresh air.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    States accused of manipulating COVID-19 statistics to make situation look better

In Georgia, one of the earliest states to ease up on lockdowns and assure the public it was safe to go out again, the Department of Public Health published a graph around May 11 that purportedly showed new COVID-19 cases declining over time in the most severely affected counties. The entries, however, were not arranged in chronological order but in descending order.

Georgia state Rep. Jasmine Clark, a Democrat with a doctorate in microbiology, called the graph a "prime example of malfeasance," adding: "Science matters, and data manipulation is not only dangerous, but leads to distrust in our institutions." Democratic state Rep. Scott Holcomb likewise called the department's presentations "purposely misleading."

• Agree Agree x 3