1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Wars. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by thorn058, May 18, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    ok fathers, uncles and grandpas time to voice your opinions. Since most areas of the country are slowly opening up in a limited basis I am looking for ways to keep the kids occupied since most summer activities have been canceled. All the fairs in our area are canceled, the public access to the river is closed as is the middle school pool. So I'm making a nerf war course in our yard for my two younger kids and hopefully by the end of summer their friends and cousins could join.

Nothing serious just tacking some 2×4's onto old pallets for bases and some shooting bunkers, maybe some water balloons as grenades and such. My son is compiling a big nervous gun collection and got a mini chain gun for his birthday that will be a center of the course free for all weapon on a time limit.

So what are some suggestions, modified tag, capture the flag, capture the skull/totem, guns to start, no guns to start but random weapons at station? Let me know hoping to get it done this week before the distance learning school year is done.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope it works for you! I like the capture the flag idea. My grandkids, ages 8 and 5, WILL NOT put their ipads down long enough to even look outside! The grandson even took bed without dinner before giving up the screen to eat! So, he ended up with neither. I love your outdoors idea! Too many kids are little addicts!

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah that is the battle I'm fighting as well. Kids are spending too much time with technology and not enough outside. The wife and I work for the same company but she has to work from home because they are trying to limit the exposure to those of us essential workers(i box orders all day) so I'm the only one who leaves the house most days. So trying to find ways to make this less of a bad childhood memory and more of a good memory.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Good luck! I hope it works.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Taught my kids to keep their paintballs in the freezer.

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck! One thing I'm happy about during these troubling times is that my kids are over 40.

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If you run out of ideas, try having them see who can camouflage (hide in the surroundings the best) and have the other one look for them. Half the fun is preparing for the battle!

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My sons used to keep their paintballs in the freezer. Fun times.