1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Team facility to open May 19th

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 15, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :herewego:

• Like Like x 2
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to get some OTAs going, these rookies are going to be so far behind without it.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I personally believe it is a good thing that the mere aspect of Team Facilities opening is a step in the right direction. For that matter, any amount of optimism that these players and coaches need are doubly so for us fans. Let the logistics of it all play themselves out.

The fact that the 2020 NFL Offseason is not canceled is definitley something to be grateful about in my book! :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The only good thing about that is it will be all rookies and not just us. So teams that are banking on production right off the bat from the rookies are going to be hurt more........we are in good shape since we are returning so many starters. Yes we would love to have Claypool up to speed but we aren't banking on him like many of these other teams are with their top picks putting us in a little better shape imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I hope people give Claypool some time to develop & not expect another JuJu out of the gates like Washington experienced. ;)

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think he will be special as I only watch Notre Dame CFB and saw what he did last year. I expect big things from him whether immediately or down the line, it will happen. I rarely will tout any college player going to the NFL but this is an exception for me and I believe he is the real deal. I hope he isn't plagued by injury or other factor limiting his production but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The coronavirus is for real. It's too soon.There guys will really be putting their lives and future on the line. Ask Christian Scotland-Williamson. It only take one to spread. Are they gonna workout with mask?

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is kinda what I am saying we are set up pretty much ready to go without any rookie help. Don't get me wrong we can and will use anything Claypool can offer but if he can't learn fast enough we should be good to go. Him and Ebron will need time for sure but we still have Juju, JW, DJ, Vance and Conner who have been here......along with a healthy Ben. I feel we are a little ahead of some teams they may be banking on their rooks. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This will be an interesting time for the "they don't need coaching they are professionals" group and whether they stick to it or complain about the team needing OTA's and training camp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Where was all this concern in 2010 with the H1N1 pandemic or the Swine Flu or the 1918 flu? Never shut football or the country down any of those times and they were arguably as bad or worse. Just wondering> And besides, they are adults who can make up their own minds what they want to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    There are 3,143 counties in the USA. 30 of these counties have 61% of all Covid-19 deaths. 80% of all counties have had fewer than 5 deaths and 52% of all counties have had zero deaths.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The H1N1 and Swine Flu are the same I believe and between April 12, 2009 and April 10, 2010 it caused 60.8 million illnesses, 273,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths in the U.S.

Covid is closing in on 100,000 deaths in just a couple months. H1N1 isn’t even remotely as bad as Covid.

They did shut down for Spanish Flu and when places like St Louis opened too soon, the second wave was worse. We should learn from mistakes in the past, not repeat them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Pretty sure there were no pro football games in 1918. Seeing as 2020 is the 100th anniversary of the nfl

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, the first National Football League started in 1902.

It also ended in 1902.

There also was professional football in 1918. It was way down from 1917 and 1919. I have a guess why.

16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Damned you, Spanish Flu.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I hear what you are saying but I feel there is a difference between vets and rookies.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I always knew Steeler fans were the best around however I didn't know we had some here that had all the answers for this........... Can't wait for November to vote for you guys. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    No one will know how many deaths the Chinese flu will have caused as many have admitted counting deaths for those who died WITH it but not dying BY it. FWIW, here is GA we have been open for the most part for weeks and our numbers keep going down. With as much politicizing going on about this bug, I don't fully believe anyone, period. This bug isn't going away so we better figure a way to work around it, now.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow, so you need football that badly that your caring for another human's life becomes an after thought?! I work in the medical field and let me tell you ... it doesn’t become real to you until it hit home, your family, or you see it up close. We're not talking about 10yrs ago or 100yrs ago. We're talking about right now. But, who am I, to stop you from waving your terrible towel from home .... because, there are no fans in the stands ... lol. The media and NFL have fans so addicted ... that they will adhere to anything that is dished out to them

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    100% I know people who had it, people who beat it and people who died from it. I also have about half dozen friends that work in the health profession.

People will keep ignoring the science and facts that don’t align with their narrative because like everything else in todays climate, it has been politicalized.

All that will do is make it take longer to move past this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So, we have hundreds of thousand confirmed deaths with the lock down in effect and you think it will just pass on by, with millions, coming out of lockdown, and being exposed to this virus? Our so called leaders and citizens didn't take it serious in the beginning stages and now that the government has to shell out money. They're disregarding the cdc and pushing you back out there. I'm done with this conversation. Now, I know how Noah felt, while building the ark

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :scratch:

Think there was a communication breakdown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Really

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think Hunter S Thompson covers this moment well.

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Once you are in the middle of an epic rant you have the tendency to push it as far as you can.