1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2020-5-13_22-43-40.gif

I just asked a question :shrug:

And oh yeah, JH was done his last season and Tomlin knew it :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Why wouldn't Tomlin cut him loose?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes sir SE said it best when I think of JH I think of that SB play, I also remember how he came out of retirement in a time when we needed him bad......oh and the fact that he is our all time sack leader. None of that gets over shadowed by his last 4 games as a Cheat........JMO!!!!!! :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Watt, as a rookie, was tired, spent, done at the end of the season. He played horribly against Jacksonville. If we had kept and played Harrison, I believe that game would have had a different outcome. Watt gave up at least 3 3rd and long runs to his side that JH would not have. That’s a game changer.

JMHO

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

The Rookie Wall is truly a real thing. Heck, one of my favorite non Steelers in Derwin James hit it in the 2018 AFC Divisional Game. Could not muster much of anything against New England that day.

For that matter, see Devin Bush. Yes, he is acting and reacting much better in the second half of the season but his body was simply taxed out. That said, he still had a great Rookie Season overall despite it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wa
    tt made a big jump his second year. I expect the same rise coming from from the Bush.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

As do I. Cheers to that! :drinks:

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah man don’t you know everything good or in JH case great goes out the window because things don’t always end sunshine and roses? The haters can choose to remember the fallout. I’ll choose to remember the excellence. Yeah he wasn’t played because he couldn’t ? He also came in the KC game and won it with a big sack. Like @jeh1856 said he could and should of been used down the stretch. There’s politics in everything including sports and BD was given every chance to succeed partly as a way to save face on a 1st round pick ,more so than the idea JH couldn’t play any more. I think most honesty realize that anyway but have a hard time getting past the way things ended. To each his own....

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah washed up and worst teammate in the world. All the negative things said about him soon as he stepped foot out the door. Let’s keep him around. Makes perfect sense to me....

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Disagree. He was likely done as a starter, but as a closer he wrecked KC’s attempt at a final drive vs. us, and demonstrated that he had value in a situational role. I remember very well watching that game, and how Bud could not muster any semblance of a pass rush vs. Fisher, and then JH came in during the 4th quarter and whipped Fisher’s butt. With our secondary at that time, we lose that game (Or at least force Ben to make a last second comeback) without JH’s pressure.

And then like magic, JH completely disappeared from our game plan. Tomlin screwed that situation up royally IMO, and the team was worse off for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Tomlin is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    See yinz are part of the problem. I'm sorry but a precedent needs to be set. You pull a James Traitorson buh bye! Cut all ties and not welcome back. Sorry, I don't care about history. These players need to think long and hard before they pull that BS. If it's not about making more money for you and your family then I don't respect it. You want to get mad at the Bell's and AB's then forgive James Traitorson. Imagine if Ben pulls this BS.

I rather celebrate the Wards and Polamalus than a traitor. But keep drooling over one play like Ben didn't drive us down the field and thread the needle on one of the nicest passes/catches in Super Bowl history.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Here we go Again. You need to grow up and quit whining about something you can't change.
    Either that or man up and go and tell JH how you feel. If you do decide to quit being a little girl and hiding behind the keyboard let me know I really would enjoy seeing JH slap the snot out of you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're directing your anger(?) at the wrong guy. JH was given multiple opportunities to skip practice, leave games early, fall asleep in meetings (or so I'm told) and whatever else he did in his attempt to get released. He did what the coach allowed him to do, when he could have been released at the beginning of the season (since Tomlin knew JH was 'done', or so I've been told) and avoided the whole mess.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm with TODS backwards, Traitorson has been acting like a douche going on three years now. Should be thankfull that the Steelers took multiple chances on him before he earned his stardom.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, I can't change facts only present them. How does that make me a keyboard warrior? I need to man up and tell JH how feel? LOL what?

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why keep Chick, Dirty Red, Mountain? Not every player is a starter. Let’s be clear, you stated that JH was playing at a high level, nothing could be further from the truth.

I agree Watt was done but given how JH performed after we cut him loose, it’s far from a given he changes the outcome of the game. I mean you’d have a harder time producing less than he did. He showed up for the Jets, that was it.

Also, JH antics is the reason he was cut. Not sure I agree with it but he did force Tomlin to make a decision, keep a distraction around or finally cut his whiney ass loose.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Col.SteveAustin9768

Col.SteveAustin9768 Active Member

Apr 21, 2020
    TRUTH!!
    "TheTerribleOwl, post: 685977, member: 2650"]I'm not taking leadership lessons from a guy who slept through meetings.[/QUO

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Chick, Dirty Red and Mountain weren't requesting to be released (as far as I know).
    JH says he was lied to right from the start, regarding how much playing time he was going to see. That's why he asked to be released so early on.
    As far as JH's level of play, another team was interested in him and got production out of him.
    I'm going to trust Bill Belichick's judgement over yours.;+)

• Like Like x 1
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Really
    WatchfulFriendlyBittern-size_restricted.gif

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah he was done but they put up with the nonsense right? Don’t you know cowards talk the most **** when that person isn’t around to hear them? Where were all the rumblings about JH being a terrible teammate while he was still there? Not a peep....but as soon as he leaves...watch out! I remember the graphics they used to show during the games how JH was just waiting his turn to be set loose. Well he was never given that chance and did whatever he had to do to force his way out after asking multiple times for his release. But he was washed up? Yet allowed to be this great disruption? Anyone with a competitive bone in their body wants to play especially when their career end is coming close. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands he had to spend just to keep himself ready. Everyone saying he should of just accepted his fate never played a competitive sport or cared about competing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, bunch of irrelevancy there and I’d like to know BB’s real thoughts on return of investment, I’m sure it would be funny :lolol:

And good that you are trusting BB, he learned first hand JH’s tank was empty and didn’t bring him back. Funny how no other team wanted to give this high level player a contract the following year. I mean it’s so wild that a nearly 40 year old player had nothing left to offer, imagine that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    None of those guys were ever as good or could dream about being as good as JH. Unfair comparison....So he ended up playing in the SB right? His team lost so the jokes on him? If the Steelers made it and lost it’s still a great season right?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Has nothing to do with comparisons, he was depth, hence why he wasn’t cut. Until he was too much of a problem anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    JH asking to be released is irrelevant?:huh:
    I think BB was more than happy, considering JH played the entire super bowl, including special teams.
    Teams usually don't offer contracts to players who have publicly retired, which James had done that spring.

I'll save you some time and respond for you:
    Spin:roflmao:
    Spin:lolol:
    Spin:tongue:

:lollmao::lollmao::lollmao:

• Winner Winner x 1