1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Only 4 primetime games?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, May 9, 2020.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They still have 4 and the max is 5.
    I also bet one of the 1pm games will get flexed.
    Always seems to happen to us at least once.
    As a season ticket holder I like 1 and 4pm games, getting home at 1:30-2:00 get few hours sleep to go work the next day isn’t always fun.
    The only home prime time game is the thanksgiving night game I look forward to that tailgate, I can base it all on thanksgiving food. It should be fun.
    So I’m kind of excited for only one home late game. But, I guarantee you one game gets flexed always seems to happen at least once.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Never a losing season! If that's good enough for ownership...

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey DukeDukeDaDaDa.

I see that you supported my point.

As always, I try my best to respect everyone's opinion here. If Go' lers feels that we have been "disrespected" by not getting our typical five Prime Time games this year then so be it. So, we get four instead. Not a big deal IMO. I could see if it was down to maybe two. Even then I could care less. Too often, someone is trying to play the "Chip on the Shoulder" card. I do not feel that the league is disrespecting us because we are getting one less than our typical five Prime Time games this upcoming season.

I also do not see the Steelers as a team taken this as a form of disrespect. I would bet that this does not end up as "Bulletin Board" material. Someone is always trying to play that ridiculous angle. And again as I have stated here, this would be the typical "Fluff" story that the 500 sports media outlets on the World Wide Web and Cable TV would grasp for to make something out of nothing. This is one reason that in general, I do not follow the extraneous stuff that leads up to a game and that which follows. It is mostly a waste of oxygen. However with so many news sources today, everyone is trying to generate a story for something that does not exist. Again four PT games rather than our usual five. Come on.

What Go'lers needs to understand is that everyone here on The Board as well as outside of The Board, has a different schedule to life. For some, night games are just not conducive to everyone's lifestyle. For me personally, I am retired. However, given that, I would still rather see the Steelers play at 1:00 pm as much as possible and maybe a few Prime Time games as long as they are at home. Again, that is me.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    heck I'm surprised we got 4. I'll take them though....I love the prime time games, tough morning or not, i know I can actually see the game at least. I'm usually in KCs region if they play games at the same time...

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I prefer that we are never on prime time or other tv slots. This gives me an excuse to go to my favorite bar to watch the game and get the mutual support in attendance assisting me through 4 quarters of Tomlin football. This is extremely important and many times I need mental and emotional support from my fellow Steeler fans to make it through our games. If we were on tv my wife would raise hell I am gong somewhere to watch a game that is already on tv and dropping the better part of a C - note ( I always go with my son and hope his Iggles are not on tv either). So, if the Steelers and /or Eagles are not on tv, I am golden.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I understand your thoughts but I don’t see it happening this year. They flex 1 pm games that are the most important to both teams with playoff possibilities. That game isn’t in the last 6 games we play.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    is that the line of demarcation between a good game and bad? I used to be very embarrassed by the '81 Chevette that I drove to school but that bugger got me there every morning....in my mixed emotions I cursed the ride that got me there but was always there in the position to curse....

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Had a 78 Chevette. 450,000 + miles on it. Just as long as the clutch was changed every 125,000 along with routine maintenance and oil changes that thing ran like a fine tuned sewing machine. Probably the most reliable car I've ever owned. Had to buy a Jeep to pick up chicks though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    and when the Jeep broke down every 1/2 mile.....? everyone knows a Jeep is a maintenance problem waiting to happen... you wanted to upgrade to get the shiny stuff....I understand... they put out a good lookin machine..too bad they fail on the trail. That should be their real motto...Jeeps, we fail on the trail! I guess it just depends on the substance of your target audience... Fluff-by all means Jeep... Substance-anything else...

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My dad bought a Chevette, used it for a few years and didn’t like it. He gave it to me and my brother. I told my brother it was his.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. I did love that thing though and had many good times off roading. I did carry a toolbox everywhere I went. LOL.

12. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Direct TV is cutting out CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox. I have bought those channels for years. I don't know what is going on, but I guess a person will have to watch NFL Ticket if you have Direct TV. I have said for quite awhile. I don't know why I buy the NFL Ticket b/c the Steelers don't have too many games not on prime time or a game of the week with #1 commentators. Force Steeler nation to buy NFL Ticket??? Conspiracy Theory?? Never know

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do any of you that are clamoring for prime time games have a job to go to
    the next morning? A physical job to go to the next morning? Hell in these pandemic
    times any job to go too. LOL.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Started with a 59 Willys Jeep. That thing could go anywhere. Then went for a 66 GTO.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Once in a while it would be nice to be able to semi relax going out West or playing a team that we are better than or the last 3 games of the season needing just one win. Tomlin football are games we can beat anyone or lose to anyone. Consistent, we are not.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    agree, consistency has been tough to find

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As compared to what other off road vehicle???? If you are going back to the 80’s yeah but not now.

All my brother and I buy are Jeep, him the Grand Cherokee me the Wrangler. Never give us troubles, not until 80-100k anyway.

Nothing better than a Jeep!

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I lived in CO for 20 years and they are very popular, but I usually hear horror stories. My Dad had one and an ex of mine had one, my Dad's had problems all the time. My ex-gf's wasn't too bad now that I recall. But she worked from home a lot and didn't do a lot of driving. I love the way they look, I just don't think I'd want one.

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    what shall we discuss next....politics or religion :lolol::lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I will officially boycott this site if that happens. I'm not talking SDOT style boycott either. I will completely go kaput, poof and then gone. I will ban myself from all things steelersfan viewership. It will be the same as a BFT follow thru. I may even ask for volunteers in order to support my righteousness. I may even follow the Pats now that Marsha is gone.

Ahh, who am I kidding. I'd die from steelers starvation. I'd have to just ignore such topics.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    NFL shoving the Rams down LA's throat, & everyone else. :puking 3:

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The more 1pm games, the better. I agree with those who despise Prime Time games. Those games suck for us in the eastern time zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Back in the 80's I worked at a Pizza place outside of Pittsburgh and they had a deal at the local pub for $1 a slice during MNF games. We'd be slammed during game time from that and all the other people ordering pick up and delivery. Games didn't start til 9 pm. I'd get home at Midnight and the game was still on. Those were my college days where I had to get up at 6:30 am.

Now games start at 8:30 and still don't end til past midnight and now I get up at 6 am for work. If the Steelers are playing I don't usually fall asleep til well past 1 am. Give me 1 pm or 4:15 pm Sunday games anytime over Prime Time slots and I'll be happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Screw prime time games and screw that flex schedule crap. I've seen that flex schedule ruin plans that people made a year in advance.

• Agree Agree x 2