1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fournette?????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, May 1, 2020.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He just came on the market after Jacksonville declines his fifth year option. Sounds a lot like how we acquired Bettis. He’s had some injuries and player-coach issues but they all seem to.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has been on the market. Clearly, the Steelers don't want to pay the asking price. The would also have to find the cap space to take on a $4 million salary for 2020, then most likely see him leave as a free agent.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers are committed to Conner this season, Colbert has been saying it all along. Plus they just drafted a RB in the 4th Rd and have Benny Snell along with Samuel and Whyte.

They could easily cut some of those guys but I just don’t see them trading for him. I do think he’d be a very good back for them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If he gets cut by the Jaguars, I am willing to entertain the idea. Until then, heck no. Roll with what you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's what the post is about

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Offer them a sixth rounder to take the salary off their hands. Just go in knowing he is likely a one-year rental.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Think the OP means trade for him. Steelers obtained Bettis in a trade.

I don’t see the Jags cutting him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They already did...Well, They declined his 5th year option so he's done...Same thing...You wouldn't have to use a draft pick now

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why not? They still have him under contract for 2020.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Disco, you have to apply the fifth year option before their fourth year. So fournette is under contract this year. Was why so many people were upset about Dupree, but that worked out.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Available or not, NO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm not sure you want the headaches that come from this guy. The Jags are having a hard time getting rid of him. The latest thing he wants is he is promoting to the press and anybody who will listen about the Jags signing Cam Newton. Mean while Gardner Minshew is listening to all this. Just think he is very unprofessional and has been injured a lot lately as much as Connor is. He also is always late to meetings, talks back to coaches, complained when he didn't get enough carries, and former Jags QB Blake Bortles had to constantly tell him where to line up. Just a bad apple.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not up on him aside from his play on the field so I wasn’t aware of that stuff. Steelers don’t need to invite that behavior back into the fold.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You are exactly right. There was also the time he ran off the bench to the other side of the field to get involved in a fight that had nothing to do with him and he got himself suspended for multiple games. Clown.

That whole Jags locker room is toxic, look at what Ramsey was saying after he left, Yannick Nguakwe and the owners son had a public spat on Twitter recently FFS, could you imagine that happening anywhere else. Then all the stuff with Fournette. There just seems to be a very public us vs them thing going on between the players and the team that you don’t see elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    After the trouble we had with a certain RB and WR I sure the hell don't want anymore of that type drama. Go with what we have and hope to hell the injury bug stays away.

• Agree Agree x 3