1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Back to back HORRIBLE drafts. Tomlins infatuation with DMV players.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Apr 26, 2020.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It doesn't matter. We wouldn't of had to waste another 2nd round pick on WR this year.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My issue with passing on Biadasz wasn't just the need for a center. I think he is a significantly better player than either of the guys they took in the fourth round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This would be true if Johnson wasn't a huge part of the team going forward, but he is. This draft did absolutely nothing to prove you right. What it did was prove the Steelers were able to get that same type of receiver a year later. There is still no evidence at all that they could have gotten both Bush and Metcalf, which has been your false claim all along.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Much of this is reasonable, but not the last two. I'm not sure where you get the idea that Brooks can play anywhere in the secondary? He is slow for a safety. He can't play cornerback. I don't think he can play deep, either. He's really more of a hybrid safety/linebacker type who does his best work in the box.

I've heard conflicting things on Davis, but most seem to think he isn't strong at the point of attack at all. He's got the size and strength to get there if he can learn better technique and improve his balance, but he hasn't shown that yet.

5. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    for 5000th time, Tomlin does not unilaterally make the draft picks. it involves everyone including scouts, GM, ownership and asst coaches. you have to find a way to snap out of Tomlin obsession. he is blamed for everything including the AMC Pacer. you can’t make comparisons to last year because you may not know this but we were playing with Duck Hodges. and we STILL did not get to pick until 18th. we picked after of Dallas man, they had everyone and we still did better. in fact, we would have made it this year under the new format.....with Duck Hodges.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe not the Pacer, but the Yugo for sure!

7. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    So the aluminum hats aren't working so well, eh?

8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    i bet if you ask him who drafted Brown, Bell, Pouncy, Watt, Shazier, Bush, Fitz (via trade), DeCastro it wasn’t Tomlin, must have been Cower from CBS studios.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    DMV= department of motor vehicles
    I'm lost too.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Tomlin had less say early on. You can tell the decisions he has his hands all over like bringing in Vick and Edmunds and Sean Davis.

2017 was our last really good draft. Coincidence we didn't draft any of these Tomlin guys?

Terps are a crappy football program. They were 3-9. Only two players drafted in 2020 draft and somehow we ended up with both of them...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    FWIW He's got a point folks. No other teams had a remote interest in Maryland players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting a little tired of being outdone in both coaching and in the front office by the Baltimore Ravens.

Even the guys on KDKA were saying it seemed like every time the Rats made a selection, their thought was why didn't the Steelers take that player?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can you provide some proof of this other than some guys saying it on the radio?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I am smarter than everyone combined! If you don't believe me, just ask me.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How do you know all this when you're boycotting the NFL...……..?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think SDOT went to the Jerry Jones school of "attention" where the main philosophy is "any attention is good attention":this!:

And you know he sits in his man-cave and tells himself how right he is and how wrong everyone else is:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a few people like that on here......

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

Ravens - 3rd best.

Bengals - 5th best.

Browns - 7th best.

Steelers - 9th worst.

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't know about the Pacer or the Yugo, but he is definitely to blame to the 67 Nova that tracked sideways down the road!

21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I've been saying this since the draft was over, and the usual suspects (pollyannas) say that I'm not a real fan. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Brooks has played every position in the secondary in college and he's one of those players whose game speed is far more superior than his clock speed...… is he better off at one of the safety positions?? Of course... I'm just highlighting his capabilities, and yes, I would rather see him in zone rather than man, but he's worth the pick....
    As far as davis is concerned, I don't go by what I hear..... I go by what I see, and what I saw from Davis is a guy who's floor is no worse than eddie goldman, but who's ceiling appears to be as high as brett keisel

23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

who doesn't hate the dmv………. their own employees hate the dmv

• Like Like x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's bad when the fans can see it but ownership cannot.

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Well obviously I can't predict the future on player development. And I generally don't place much value into what NFL media says when it comes to the draft. But after awhile, it becomes noticeable when a team keeps making the same risky or just straight up waste of time picks and never learning their lesson. Enough with the projects! And picking from colleges that nobody else wants does not bode well. Odds are you're not onto some secret stash that the rest of the league is somehow missing.