1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official NFL draft 2020 thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2020.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    A couple more thoughts coming into Day 3:

I still don't think QB is a need and I hope we avoid it. I get that maybe at some point Eason and Fromm become value and you bring them in at worst case to be #3 and battle for #2 but ultimately I think it's a waste. One guy I always thought had more to give than he showed in college is Nate Stanley from Iowa. Probably is a UDFA. I would look at him after the draft.

While I did want a RB at #49 my need was for a RB1. There are none of these guys left. Anyone we pick up now is no better than what we have so I hope we do not take one today.

WR - all set.

TE - I said all along this was a terrible TE class and I think we are seeing that now. There's still some familiar names available but let's go with Ebron, MacDonald and Gentry. Can focus on TE next year.

OL - Big needs here. I think we need to take 2 today. An interior guy and an OT. I'd like us to take 1 with our first 4th round pick and then another later on. Biadasz is the apple of my eye. Could play Guard or Center. I like Nick Harris but he is a Center only so I'm not sure we would take him. Simpson from Clem is a good OG. Bredeson and Stenberg more Guard choices. Lemieux too.

At OT, the Prince from Auburn is probably the best OT left. Charles, Adams, Bartch.

DL - I never saw this as the priority that some did. Heyward, Tuitt, Wormley, Alualu, mcCullers, Biggs , the XFL guys. I think we're set. The days of having that classic 3-4 NY are gone.

OLB - still some good guys on the board but doubt we take another

ILB - I could see us grabbing one. I am much higher on UG3 than some seem to be. Spillane flashes a bit. Still, be nice to add another body here.

DB - I think we definitely take a Safety and there is still some great talent on the board. Kvon Wallace, JR Reed, Alohi Gilman, Jalen Elliot. Probably gotta take one in Round 4.

My hopes for today:

4a - Interior OL
    4b - Safety
    6 - OT
    7 - ILB

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Good stuff and agree. I am very concerned about our OL, maybe more than anyone here. I'd add two today. To be fair to the players, I do think poor QB play and losing Munch were huge, but still, after DD, I'm not sure about any of them. Certainly not a young group either.

Also credit to the FO/Tomlin, whom I disagree with often, I really liked supplementing our smaller number of picks with the XFL players. That was 8 (I think) free draft picks to me though you can't expect much out of them. Be great for one or two to surprise us.

RBBC, IMO, is the only way to go, and we have parts there, but I really wanted one more good runner. Maybe we add a vet, maybe not.

DL - I'm not as confident as you. I know guys move around in the packages but we're not good in the middle, Tuitt can't stay on the field, and there are expiring contracts. Despite any trends in this league, you have to win the LOS and I am concerned about that on both sides.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Nice write up I agree with most and even the stuff I disagree with i understand. For example I don't think this TE class is as bad as they say but I agree with the number of picks let's pass since we are set there now. I agree 100% on Biadasz and I would even be happy with a trade up on him cause I don't think he will last to us in the 4th. I also like UG# however I am on the Evan Weaver bandwagon. I think he could be the tackling machine we need in the middle but his knock is pass coverage...hence why he is still out there. You hit the nail on the head with OLB, lots of talent just don't think we go there again. My prediction based on who I think is gonna be left is we are getting an OT with our next pick........

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Here are my thoughts on 4A and 4B....

DT Rashad Lawrence Clemson
    CB Amik Robertson LA Tech
    OL Ben Bredeson Michigan
    CB Bryce Hall VA
    OL Ben Bartch St John
    S K'von Wallace Clemson
    LB Akeem Davis Gaither App St
    OL Shane Lemieux Oregon
    OL John Simpson Clemson
    OL Nick Harris Washington

As much as I'd love an OL and I think they pick one (John Simpson with 4B) I would like them to go Davis-Gaither and Bryce Hall in either order.

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

Take BPA the rest of the way. Competition will make others better. Only position I would not draft is WR.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well obviously I was right, the Steelers didn't have interest in either of them :shrug:.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Tyler Biadasz or Ben Bredeson please. Either or works.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ravens cowboys has good drafts Steelers were mediocre according to reports

9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah I read that

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well Colbert was telling the media this week they still plan on signing Dupree long term.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We kinda have to imo. Keeping this defense together is crucial. If we had a good safety instead of edmunds defense would be shut down

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Best available players: In the 4th rd take Wallace and Lawrence
    Biadasz OL
    Rashard Lawrence NT
    Akeem Davis-Gaither ILB
    Joshua Kelley RB
    Ben Bartch OL
    Bryce Hall CB
    Jacob Eason QB
    John Simpson OL
    Jon Runyan OL
    K Von Wallace safety

13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    CB Bryce Hall is a player I’ve actually seen this year. He’d be a good pick at this point

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    What if Dupree has a bad season, do they still have to sigh him long term?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah well is he supposed to say he isn’t?

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I would love to come away with Gaither and Wallace in the 4th. Runyan in the 6th and @mac daddyo guy Penisini in the 7th even if just for the first 5 letters in his last name. Rumor has it he beats off offensive offenders....:hehehe:

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yep the lady who embroiders the Steelers nameplates will chuckle the whole time........and did you say Funions??
    funions.jpg

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes Runyans Funyans

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I Cant stand Trae Wingo, and he is on both chnls

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. NFL Network just posted a stat that 2019 rosters were made up of:

14% first rounders
    21% 2nd rounders
    65% 3rd and later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    did the draft start? weather here in redneckville is Ben Bredesoning my signal....

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I should have known that would be the response you post......smh not sure why I bother trying to talk football with you. So you know for a fact the Steelers had no interest in either......ok!

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Or he could say they will just let the season play out with him on the tag, and they will revisit it in the offseason.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude everybody had Epenesa as a 4/3 DE, it's a moot point anyway :facepalm:.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    just now.....redskins traded williams to SF