1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official NFL draft 2020 thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Rodgers can’t be happy at all, I wonder if he requests a trade?

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Andy Reid got his Westbrook. We have a great shot to add two very nice players tomorrow. I was not interested in QB, WR or CB and a ton of them went. S and RB spots are loaded. Still some nice OL and DL available.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That Ohio state defensive backfield was quite good. Arnette is a good corner. If he didn't have the cast on he would have been even better. Not a bad pick at all actually.:cool:

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Quite good?! Perhaps. A "Day One Impact Player" however is to be determined. I did not see Top 20 performance from him. We will have to wait and see.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He is a very good man coverage corner. Even with the cast most of the year. Okudah got most of the glory but teams didn't do much on the other side of the field either. Good tackler too. As mayock says, the kid can play left, right or in the slot. Those guys are hard to come by.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Van jefferson. This is a guy I'm keeping my eye's on for us. What a good route runner. He is quite good at getting open. He can manipulate a db. There is some good tape out there of those skills. :cool:

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So just curious now with the first round down and us having the 17th pick tonight with the players left on the board, who is your most wanted? I am not asking who is the highest ranked I am asking who are you hoping for falls to us? I am tossed up right now between Winfield and Johnson. I am also liking Delpit, Epenesa and Matos

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I said, weeks ago, that if Laviska Shenault was there at 2-17 we should jump at him. But, damned, If Delpit or McKinney are there, how do you pass them up? But there are a ton of other players, like Yeuter or AJ, or freaking running backs.

I loved our Blacklock pick in the TSF draft, but if he's who we get today, I will be sorely disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    16 guys get to come off the board. I don't think anything is out of the question yet. It kind of shows how weak the safety class and D-line class and TE class is in this draft. We should still get some good players before it's over. :cool:

10. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't know if you can call the safety and d-line class weak. There will be 4 and maybe 5 safeties go off the board in round 2. Don't have to pick one in round one, because there will be a good one in round two. D-line is just undervalued, but likewise why take one in the first round when you can get a good one in 2, 3, or 4.

TE we all knew was weak. I'm shocked at how weak edge/de/olb is. And cb is weak, which explains the reaches in round 1.

WR and O-line are strong. Some of those first 15 teams were figuring to get a 1st round WR early 2, and now they'll be reaching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Was a joke to watch. Couldn't hold on. I will tonight for picks 49 and 102. Goodell showing the boo's wasn't funny to me because he doesn't understand why. Those billionaire's are so amusing.

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019

13. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    As much as we should really address the OL and DL first, if any of McKinney, Delpit, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins are there you almost have to take them. Maybe some like Akers more than the other RBs. Otherwise get someone like Blacklock, Cush, maybe Josh Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have two first round safeties. Is there another position on the team that we took two first rounders and then drafted a second rounder as well? I can't think of one. :cool:

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Guys I'm keeping an eye on at #49. These aren't in order anything but I'd like one of these:

RB:
    JK Dobbins
    Jonathan Taylor
    DeAndre Swift

WR:
    Tee Higgins
    Chase Claypool
    Denzel Mims
    Michael Pittman

OT:
    Josh Jones
    Ezra Cleveland

OG/C:
    Tyler Biadasz
    Lloyd Cushenberry

S:
    Xavier McKinny
    Grant Delpit
    Antoine Winfield Jr
    Ashtyn Davis

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Drew Boyhart from The Huddle Report had a 1st round grade on Arnette, and while he doesn't rank players in order, his grade for Arnette places him in Drew's top 10 overall. Interesting. He also had CEH as his highest rated RB AND a top 5 player overall :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I didn't mean to imply we should draft a safety (although it would be tempting). Just that I didn't think the safety class was weak.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I watched the draft with a buddy of mine (via Zoom) who is a Packers fan, and he says that per local media Rodgers is not happy and has been quietly pushing for an exit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    One of them is pretty bad and should not have been a 1st rounder. That said, this org won't admit that so, yeah, we aren't taking S in round 2. I think OL is the biggest need but I've been on the "take RB at 49 if he's clearly the BPA" train and we might see that very thing.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My simple answer to that is you don't pass them up. Get one of those guys and have a great big nickel set; maybe even have Edmunds play some hybrid/LB like Barron did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    OLB:
    Yeuter Gross Matos
    Zach Baum
    Marlon Davidson
    AJ Espanza

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think Epenesa and Matos fit a 3/4 defense

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve been pushing moving Edmunds to a hybrid role even before we picked up Barron. After losing Barron and after another year of watching TE struggles at playing the ball and creating turnovers it seems even more logical now. We wouldn’t have to spend a draft pick on a hybrid and the way the board is shaping up right now we should have a shot at one of these playmakers at S. We do use the nickel a lot and our depth at S is woefully weak. Without even considering how screwed we would be if we had a injury at S ,we could use another playmaker in the secondary. The guys left are versatile as well and could also play a role similar to Hilton who is again a FA next year along with Sutton. I like your ”simple “ answer....you don’t....JMO.

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It's obvious that Rodgers and LaFleur don't get along no matter how much Rodgers's media darlings try to downplay it. This was a pure LaFleur pick.

This is probably Rodgers last year in GB. Or does the Hoodie make a play even sooner?

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Man I don’t know if the GB fans would ever get over losing Rodgers. NE does have 13 picks now I believe so it would be interesting. Not sure how those 2 egos would work together either. Something tells me BB is on a quest to prove he can win without TB or a star QB. Really wouldn’t prove anything winning with AR.