1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Ebron

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Not doomed this week? They are covering their bases.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    PFF are saying that the Steelers have the most complete roster in the NFL after free agency, not necessarily the best roster, but the most complete as in that there isn’t a glaring need at any of the starter positions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Damn them non-losers Tomlin & Colbert.
    8-8 or better next year most likely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    8-8-1 :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Still nowhere near elite like Chiefs and Ravens. Those teams would destroy us... and also probably the Brady-less Patriots by default.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol

I bet we get at least one from the Raisins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that is a decent bet. The Steelers were a Smith-Schuster fumble away from beating them in Pittsburgh and that was with the ugly injury to Rudolph forcing Hodges into what I think was his first NFL action. The Ravens did get better on paper, but so did the Steelers. Just the return of Roethlisberger makes them a muchbetter team than they were in 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Chiefs are on another level but an injury to Kelce, Hill or especially Mahomes would really weaken them. They may also simply get a SuperBowl hangover that a lot of teams get. Any team can get injuries or lose form for whatever reason. Can the Ravens pick up where they left off in 2019 regular season? IDK

One thing I would be fairly sure of is that the Pats are not a threat next year. Brady and Gronk are gone, they lost half their team in free agency as well. Belichick will turn things around because he is the best HC ever but to do that in one off season when there probably won’t even be OTA’s is beyond even him.

If a few things go right for the Steelers they can be in the mix for the Division and conference. The defence should still be very good, offence needs to take a step forward. Much depends on Ben and having a normal level of injuries as opposed to the catastrophic injury bug that afflicted the offence as a whole last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin is better than Hairball. :eek:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The good thing about having Vance and Ebron they can probably not have to use a draft pick on a TE this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. TE and Center would be good value at round 2... but I'd rather the Steelers go for a RB, WR or OLB.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I asked you a little over a year ago did you fear New England. You told me no. I think not?! :hmm:

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think he has a Cheats shrine in the basement.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm definitely a little concerned about the way Ebron handled things last season and his reputation for being a lousy blocker, but the guy can be a hell of a threat in the passing game, especially in the red zone.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    So the difference b/t McDonald and Ebron is.......(a fill in the blank question). Part 2.....are we referring to an OT as an edge protector when the opposing defense dictates? Yes, I get the new Watt is here. no judgements here, just a collection of sentiments

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you and I were the only ones not on board with this signing.
    I hope the Steelers didn't make a HUGE mistake. It is pretty hard to change a Leopards spots.

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I am on the fence about this and what I mean by that is I am not sure about the kind of offense they are going to run . Is this a sign that they are worried about Ben and his elbow and are they looking to run a more short game style? If they are then this makes a ton of sense on the field however the off the field stuff has to be a concern. None of us knows if he quit on his team or not, there could be a lot of reasons why a players does what they do. For example I can see a player knowing there may be a weak market at his position in the upcoming FA period and wants to make sure he is 100% to cash in, just a thought. Let's not forget to us it is a game to many if not all the players it is a business. All we can do in the end is hope Fitchner knows we now have 2 TE's and we use them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That all makes sense. My best guess on Ebron, and it is only a guess, is that he wasn't fully healthy, but he could have played. He made a business decision, which I absolutely understand. That said, couldn't it be both a rational business decision and quitting on his team?

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Tomlin folds like a cheap tent vs. Belichick. I don't think Brady leaving for the Bucs will matter much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    You won't be snarky when the Patriots get Trevor Lawrence next year in the draft. I hate the Patriots with the passion of 10,000 exploding Supernovae. That team has been the root of my NFL misery since 2001. So many opportunities for the Steelers squandered and crushed by that team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Tank for Trevor!

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We can only hope that with a fresh start he excels. He did with Luck. So if Ben can get back to form having weapons at his disposal is a positive thing. The issue lies if Ebron doesn't get enough throws going his way. What will happen then? But i'm sure that Tomlin will handle that situation in a positive way as he did with Bell and Brown :eek:

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    They have their way with the NFL, you should be looking for your pitchfork.