1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DJ working out with AB??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Vox Ferrum, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Is her head mounted on her left shoulder?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    One of the goofballs who thinks it's a good idea for DJ to work out with AB referenced AB's greatness and his work ethic. I pointed out that a drug dealer could be great at his job, and have a strong work ethic, but I don't want anyone around the drug dealer. He thought I was comparing AB to a drug dealer:dontknow: For all we know, AB might be a drug dealer but that wasn't the point. The point is that the potential bad far outweighs the potential good.

It's like having unprotected sex with a disease riddled, but gorgeous, skank. And no, I am not comparing AB to a disease riddled skank:hehehe: Although it wouldn't surprise me:cool:

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    winner winner there........

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    To keep the crazy in, not out:hehehe:

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    yeah I don't want to infect anyone......lol

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny I compare it to having a car with just a bad alternator. Are you going to disregard all the other good parts with that car and what good service that car can still provide? You have to get past the part where the alternator is the only thing wrong (minor fix) and reap the benefits of all the good that’s left.:lolol:

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You need NY STEELER's tin foil hat!:hehehe:

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If the alternator were overcharging and could ruin the battery, burn up wires, and destroy other parts.....you bet your ass I'd get rid of the car! But that's okay, you just keep looking down that tunnel and so that all you can see is an alternator:hehehe:

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe? I wouldn’t know though because I’m not having alternator issues. Maybe someone with first hand experience could enlighten me on the pitfalls...:hehehe:

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m a conspiracy theory kind of guy but even I can’t get onboard with some of these theories....I believe in Bigfoot too so that should tell you something :shrug::roflmao:

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It does............

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The periods of calm and rational thought and behavior is what typically causes bipolar disorder suffers to think they are cured and go off their meds. The meds are what evens them out so the extremes of highs and lows aren't so extreme. Unfortunately these meds often make the user feel like their heads are full of cotton or less like themselves. When they go off the meds and the rapid cycling kicks in they go from manic to deep depression over and over again until they level out.

I had a childhood friend who was bipolar and during his cycle he ran to church naked in the middle of the night to pray, the hospital said that he was fine then that they had no room. The following day he jumped out of a moving car and started to run down the road, a cop saw him and tried to restrain him not listening to his parents to let him go and he broke away, ran to a river jumped in and drown.
    I saw him two days before that and he was babbling constantly and would look confused and paranoid if you didn't understand him. Kinda like several of AB's video interviews which is what struck me as possibly being bipolar.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought you were against the “8-8” society? Should we create a safe space for DJ? :shrug:

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It just so happens that my alternator went out yesterday. But you see, I checked to make sure the alternator was not capable of damaging anything else. I also did some other checking and I'm pretty sure that AB is quite capable of damaging those around him:hehehe:

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh it did:shrug: Sorry I didn’t know that ...;). How could I be so insensitive :roflmao:

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I am good with it as well. So long Diontae does not allow his pride to consume him like AB did, he can practice with AB as much as he wants. That said, Diontae will need to get better regardless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Well said. I differ a little but I guess it's all on DJ. I just don't want the temptation to infect an impressionable youth and that's what DJ probably is. And it's not like it's AB or nothing, I'm sure he could work out with Larry Fitzgerald and make "everybody" happy.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Insensitive or insensible? ;)

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    After his rookie campaign, can’t wait to see what he does with Ben throwing the ball. Kid is going to shine.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hmmm....in this case, insensitive. I do dabble in insensible sometimes as well though.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Analogies rarely work as intended. Specifically, your analogies.;+)

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah he’s got some wild ones. I guess if extremes are your cup of tea they are spot on...right @Stone?

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I understand, it takes a certain level of grey matter for an analogy to work;)

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hey Steel,

I rarely disagree with you, and you know I appreciate you. But man, I couldn't disagree more. I could be verbose, but I'm going to try and be succinct, for once.

Bell and Brown aren't the same athletes that played for the Steelers. I don't think either will ever resemble the players we lost. Those ships have sailed. They were amazing talents who benefited from the situation they were in. In other words, we completed them. Now, years later, they have aged and lost "it." Neither is worth the ink on a contract to us. What you are proposing is a return of their past production, which is not possible.

Additionally, they would be subtraction by addition. They would NOT help our lockerroom. They could NOT foster chemistry. We need to work on chemistry in-house, not introduce volatile substances to the mix that is just becoming stable. Let them collaborate on a rap album. Neither ever need to wear black and gold again...and we'll all be the better for it.

• Agree Agree x 1