1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DJ working out with AB??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Vox Ferrum, Mar 21, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    853CB6F0-85C4-4441-85F7-B94201C38566.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Brown is a workout freak. That's how he honed his craft. Its the mental midget side of him. So if he can teach Diontae Johnson some tricks and supply him with his major work ethic so be it. I believe Johnson will be our #1 this upcoming season(providing their is one) And I can't see Johnson feeding into Browns antics. I'm more worried about Juju. I feel he will be elsewhere after this season so he best put on his best performance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2020-3-22_12-32-37.jpeg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Might be. If he rebounds and has a great season, will they be able to afford him? If he has another bad season, will they keep him? Personally I think its the former that will be the dilemma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wouldn't worry about his saying bad things about the Steelers, I would be more concerned that his attitude would rub off.

"Hey, DJ....you can do whatever the **** you want and they won't do **** to you"
    or
    "Hey, DJ, we are what the NFL is all about so don't let them push you around"
    or
    "Hey, DJ, I am the greatest thing that ever happened to the NFL"
    or
    "Hey, DJ, can you you put this Bengay on big Ben's jock strap before the game"
    or
    "HEY, DJ, you can rape your personal trainer and she can't say **** to anyone"

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You might be right. I thought maybe I missed an article or something.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    AB was complaining about it towards the end of the season, saying that they were indirectly stopping him from getting signed. The Saints worked him out but they passed. If the league gave him a suspension to start the season at least teams would know what they are dealing with.

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Uhhhhhhhhhh... Isn't that exactly saying bad things :shrug:

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Much ado about nothing....Maybe AB is gonna channel his inner Jim Jones too. If DJ is gonna be so easily swayed by ABs “ antics” it probably means he had it inside him all along . Better to find out sooner than later. I mean we don’t want to repeat the AB saga all over again,second contract and all do we??

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Vox ferrum.

I know. I get it. Hey, at least one can hope. I would try Bryant if he was interested. Minimum contract: Low-Risk/High Reward situation IMO. Yeah, Brown pretty much has banged the final nail in his coffin. What a waste. Bell, yes I get the Cap Issues. Man, he really is a true Game-Changer. Teams had to special game-plan for him. Also, he does not have that much wear and tear since he left us. A whole year off and minimal usage when with the Jets for last year. With him, I hold out hope because as I have read/heard as I am sure you probably have too, is that the Jets' Coach really never wanted him to begin with. That is a big part in why I hold out some hope for his return.

In the end, as I stated for all of them, we knew things were not going to work out for when they left us. Include Santonio Holmes as well. The "Four Fools". Each had the world by the stones and blew it. Even Martavis was setting himself up for a nice pay day. MAN THEY ALL SUCK! (Now, I am just pissed even more just thinking about it.)

Think about the new and improved "D" we have now. Add in a "Healthy" Ben. Ebron & McDonald: Nice set of TE Book Ends. Bell & Conner at RB. Brown, Washington, JuJu and Diontae at WR. A Re-Found O-Line. Awww "F"! They all suck! I mean Brown , Bell, Bryant and Holmes.

Even though the game has passed him by, I will include Holmes as well. I did not watch that show, "The Greatest Catches" on the NFL channel. All I know is that Ben to Holmes in SB XLIII should have been #1 hands-down and was #3. WTF! To this day, I do not know what #1 and #2 are and I do not even care. I wrote a whole piece here about a week and half ago about the "Theory of Multiple Intelligences" and how that was a perfect case and point of Kinesthetic Intelligence. It was simply pure "Brilliance". Sheer Genius on both players' parts but what Santonio did was off the freakin' charts. #3? Come the F on! Probably some Steeler-Haters that put that piece together.

That play will forever reside in the depths of my mind. I feel truly honored to have witnessed it live. I kid you not. Regarding the various forms of Intelligences you can put that up there with Beethoven, Picasso, Einstein, Frost etc. for each of their respected fields of work. I dare anyone to show me a greater catch ever. Pro, College, High School, Pop Warner. There is none. Especially given all of the BS stipulations that the NFL has in place as to what constitutes a catch.

Okay, I am done with my rant. Take care Vox (smile).

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I thought you meant "Hey, DJ, the Steelers suck"

12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    We’d all love for Juju to have a bounce back year, I think he played hurt in 2019. That said, if he wants WR1 money I agree he will probably have to seek it elsewhere. He is a very good receiver, particularly in the slot, but I don’t see him getting top receiver money. A great season could change that and it would be a great problem to have for the steelers.

They have juju, Washington and Johnson on the roster, they can’t pay them all. If they are to pay just one my money is on Johnson. I think he could be sensational in time. Hoping for a breakout year from JW next season too, you often see receivers hit new heights in their third year, e.g. Kupp, Godwin and Golloday last season. Ironically, juju is from that same 2017 class.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think JUJU is gonna be just fine and he’s a damn good receiver. I am starting to get concerned with his injuries though. They seem to be becoming more of the norm. Even when healthy enough to play he seems to be nursing something quite often. He will have to bounce back and show durability this year.

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You have to be more explicit, I spent that last two weekends at the Kelley and the Highland:drinks:

15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont trust juju as a number 1 receiver.

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think JuJu may come down to the same choices they had to make with Wallace, AB, and Sanders. AB took the early money and became a premiere receiver, Wallace had some decent years, Sanders did as well and is still productive. It still has to be written where the career trajectory for the current Steeler lot will go, but if DJ makes a significant 2nd year jump I can see the team looking to build around him. That said, if both DJ and Washington improve, it should actually help JuJu as well, possibly making his asking price more than the team can pay..time will tell.

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm going up... I'm getting stir crazy with just me and her in this house, and no sports.. IT'S TOO MUCH!

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if the bars are still open, just not making a big deal about it.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If there is any truth to Brown being bipolar this would be one of the times when his cycle is ending and he is at a more even keel. Which means he can and is helpful to a point, realizes what he was doing that is wrong. It's when the cycle of high and low start that the paranoia, the mania and depression start that things can go off the rails.

20. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    That would make sense to me. I have an extended family member who is bipolar, he wreaks absolute havoc on all around him when he is on the manic end of the disorder and it can last for months. I cannot begin to describe the hurt and hardship it causes his immediate family during this time. It normally ends in hospitalisation in his case.

Never heard that theory before or put it together with what was going on with AB but knowing what I know about the disease it’s certainly a possibility.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Regarding this thread, the fact that you have a tin foil hat says it all my friend!:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not to make lite of bipolar disease but I didn't realize it is on a routine cycle................reminds me of something else equally difficult to deal with:cool:

23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It was not for me..........

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But you need it on this one!