1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will There Even Be an NFL Season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Mar 12, 2020.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Completely off-topic but has anyone seen or heard from BigBenHotness lately? He just vanished in thin air like Verbal Kint. Hoping it's something innocent like he just ran out of novel replacement avatars. I know he indirectly expressed some ongoing health issues and just wish him well and hope he'll return soon. He was the closest thing we had to a Class Clown, which was always kind of refreshing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    MN governor ordered the schools in the state closed by Wednesday and they will stay closed until the 21st. Haven't heard anything from the company I work for but since it is a small community and Dk is the biggest employer in town I figure there will be plenty of missing ppl for the next few weeks

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Part of it may be to put distance learning tools in place. Many colleges are using Zoom or other video conferencing apps. My school is planning to do that as well, but you have to be able to help the students install it and learn how to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That makes sense. Now the school's website is saying that attending school this week isn't mandatory, but recommended. My son wants to go, my daughter doesn't.o_O

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good luck, Scribe. The testing is starting to get up to speed, probably why you were able to. NY just set up it’s first drive through testing. Need much more of those. There was a man who walked into ER to get tested last week, turned out he was positive and so the whole staff that tended to him was wiped out, had to be quarantined. This whole thing really has been an example of how not to handle a pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They ended up closing the schools as of 2:30 today until mid April.
    How are you doing?

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What odds do you guys put on Limas Sweed catching the Corona?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lol. I think him and Ike are immune to catching anything...

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Much better, thanks. I actually got my test results a little while ago. It came back negative for Corona Virus 19, so I'm in the clear, at least for now. :)

New York finally closed all schools in the state until April today. Mine is closed entirely this week, then distance learning begins next Monday. That is going to be a complete and utter crapshow, but at least I've got a week to figure out how to try to make it work.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    536B97C7-E1F4-4F98-BABE-EBE439C76E4B.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not so fast...............[​IMG] ;)

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    :thumbs_up:

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    All bars and restaurants in Ohio are closed indefinitely! Which makes me want to go out for Kegs and eggs!

This is absolutely nuts!

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Same here in PA (except for delivery and takeout).

Liquor stores closed indefinitely starting tonight. Quite a few beer stores defiantly staying open. Not that it matters much. Plenty of grocery stores sell beer/wine now.

Doesn't matter. I've been well supplied since long before this thing came over the horizon. ;)

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I can imagine the signs on your fence: "Warning, 100 Proof Security!" I found myself just staring at your beautiful avatar Ray, just longing for some live football or baseball or hockey or hoops or even tiddly winks at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven’t been on myself much, hopefully just the offseason and class clown will return.

• Like Like x 1
  18. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Bought this on my way home. Gotta prepare...

Attached Files:

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Western Pa is basically shut down, I am still working because I cannot work from home.
    Bars, clubs, restaurants,closed since first of week. schools have been closed since last week
    Yes there may not be an NFL season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I watch the business news on CNBC every day and if you watch long enough you get a whole lot of info about where we are in this flu cycle and the consequences. Today is the first day I`m seeing commentators float the idea that our extreme measures could be worse than the disease, but don`t expect politicians to react favorably to that trial balloon.

My personal thinking is it is going to be a political football for politicians to decided when to relax restrictions as they will fear not being reelected because they will be labeled as favoring business over people`s lives. We will probably wait until the head of CDC says it`s ok to start to return to normal and I doubt he would be in any hurry to give the ok. Without that ok there is no political cover.

Having said all that, I`m starting to think the NFL may get lucky. I saw some commentary that we could see a peak in new cases as early as May. If that happens there is enough time for a normal NFL season. However, we have a miserable few weeks ahead as better testing and more spread occurs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The state of Kansas has closed all schools for the remainder of the school year. Kansas City and surrounding counties have issued a stay-at-home order effective on 3/24 for 30 days. I work in the health goods supply chain and have been given a letter that exempts me from any travel ban for getting back and forth to work.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I get him confused with BigBensBigBong sometimes :shrug:

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Perhaps so, but then again, did Big Bong ever try to ingest a bathtub full of soap suds and then admit it on this MB? See, Hotness differentiated himself on that one. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The not being able to get the paperwork or physicals done is a bummer since we don't get to see the player getting merch, introduced to the media, speculative jersey numbers and so on. Is Derek Watt going to be wearing 34 still if so I might have to order me a jersey before August.