1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Position Needs Ranked

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Da Stellars, Mar 4, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/d...iority-in-free-agency-more-so-than-the-draft/

I guess they figure they have 3 potential Tackles and only 1 Guard they are sure of if Feiler kicks inside. I do share the same concerns as you with Feiler. He’s played G before but seems to be more at home at T.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    They may go the FA route but I still think IOL is top priority.

I will change my top 5...

1. Interior OL - same as before
    2. ILB - Barron and Dirty Red gone, UG3 an unknown with potential, they need to add to that mix of Bush and VW98.
    3. DL - Need a replacement for Hargrave to compete with/upgrade Buggs. Alualu is good, but too old to man the middle full time.
    4. S depth - we have Jordan Dangerfield and that's it. Can't remember if Marcus Allen is still here or not, but really.....
    5. WR - Holton gone, I like Deon Cain but they need to add another big target imo.

TE would be #6 for me because I think when its all said and done they bring back Vannett or sign another FA. If they look to the draft, it will be a late rounder.

3. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Is this draft or trying to fill holes in FA ? Either way I think you’re on the same page with me. I could see DL moving to 2 though. ILB is paper thin as well too though like you said. We got some holes still for sure. I believe we stand at about 10 mil under the cap right now. It’s almost best bang for the buck with those positions in FA.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that was my draft priorities top 5. I think TE is filled by a FA or re-signing Vannett. Don't get me wrong, I still want them to get a TE in the draft but I"m looking for a certain type (blocker) and those can be had in the later rounds. I'm sure some FAs will be brought in at one of those 5 positions, but we still need some guys to develop.

I could see a vet WR being brought in since the room is so young, but this draft class has loads of talent and I'd like to get one there.
    I could also see a FA safety being brought in.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Keep an eye on WR Paul Richardson. Ike Hilliard coached him at the Redskins and he is now a FA. 28 years old. Wouldn't break the team financially.

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I liked Richardson coming out of college. Haven’t followed his career though. I thought he was drafted by Seattle and had some injuries early on. Had some speed then.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Still some edge rushers on the market if they want to rescind Dupree’s tag(hehe) They could sign Wake, Golden or Jenkins and Clinton Dix and snacks Harrison. If they really want to go all in , offer Clowney a 1 year with Dupree’s money. I mean if they’re that serious about winning.....

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Clinton Dix would be nice but I'm sure he's too pricey.

I'd like Will Parks from Denver but not sure what kind of contract he'll get. Deon Bush SS, was a pre draft visitor awhile back but he's a liability vs the pass, good vs the run. Kavon Frazier from Dallas has some ST experience. Otherwise, I still like Jaquarius Landrews out of Miss St in the 6th.

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well Clinton Dix is still out there so...HaHa. You may be right but the longer they sit out there the cheaper they get

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tavon Wilson from the Lions would be pimp too, but he'll probably re-sign with Detroit.

I'm sure Minkah and HaHa crossed paths at one time down there at 'bama.....

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    With Wisniewski signed, we got our guard/center. We can probably wait for later rounds for a linemen.

12. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Mark it down..with the positions we just filled...the Steelers pick at 49 will be ...Josh Uche..LB Michigan

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    From what I am hearing Ebron will be used outside?????

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yes, He is definitely not the inline type.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I still wouldn't rule out a cb. Especially a kid that could give them some versatility as a fs. Or a fs that could give you some cb play. Sutton and hilton are only signed for this year. :cool:

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Antoine Winfield Jr......:cool::smiley1:

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    his hgt. Is my only concern. 5-9. :cool:

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah.....Hilton is 5’10,though and I think AW had a very respectable vertical and on tape he has shown the ability to high point the ball and is a ball hawk.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Honey Badger is 5'9 and has had multiple injuries yet still going strong. I believe today's game is more better equipped for the short DB's than it was a decade ago. Nevermind him though, Mike Hilton is 5'9 himself; Karl Joseph of the Browns not much taller at 5'10.

Personally, I believe Antonie Winfield Jr. possess high end starter potential. He is just as versatile as his dad was and more instinctive too. Definitley a True Single High Safety who can play the run as well. I would not mind giving him a look.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Mike hilton plays the slot . Winfield also has an injury history. I remember another short guy from the big ten in a draft. We took the right one back then but it was between he and troy for the top safety that year and a decision had to be made. Bob sanders. He was hurt a lot in the pros too. Anyway doubtful Winfield gets to us. :cool:

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I would not say he will not. Keep in mind that Grant Delpit is the wildcard here. Some have the 49ers picking him at 31 but I seriously doubt that, given their new needs, would take one player. Given their limited resources, it is likely that San Fran listens to offers for pick 31 and trade down; still likely landing Delpit but it would have to be a pick in the mid 40s. Should that be the case, Antonie Winfield will be within reach.

As you said, Winfield Jr. has an injury history with him. Add his height limitations and he could slide even further. All that said, should he make it to pick 49, I would personally entertain the idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I've seen he and drop it going in the mix 20s. Miami needs one since we took theirs. Slim picking in this class too. Miami has 4 picks in the first. Good thing we got our safety pick this year first. I seriously doubt we take another that early with two first rounders already on the field. Now if a Bryce hall was sitting there for the plucking. He's one that could be a corner that we could groom to backup fs and corner.:cool:

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I can see Miami selling their farm a bit to a acquire Tua. That said, I do concede this point. Pete Carroll needs a True Single High Free Safety in the worst way and there is no one better in the class than Antonie Winfield Jr. Dude is an absolute ball hawking machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    especially in this draft. I don't think we have a chance in hell of seeing him fall to us. I still want Dobbins if he's there. Safety isn't that high of a need for us with limited picks and a weak class. Maybe one from Utah. They ain't to bad either. :cool: