1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisniewski

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Me too! And although some of the moves open up questions, I'd be willing to bet those questions will be answered by subsequent moves. I gave up a long time ago trying to analyze the money/contract aspects of a trade because I think we as fans are only working with 10% of the total information.

I've read a lot about SB or bust and while I do see them trying to do some things to gear up for a couple years left for Ben, I think that's just plain common sense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

IDK, I have read people talking about it on here and then when you see it here in black and white there has to be truth to what they have been saying. I think now with this signing 2 things, Wis now is in play for that job and Chucks is the backup and OT becomes a bigger role in the draft. jmo

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that link has Wisniewski at LG now, they must've changed it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

This is the thing about that website they do update pretty fast, I didn't think to check it do they have Chucks as the back up there?

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If Feiler stays at RT, then Chuks and Banner battle it out as the OT swing guy and coming in as the extra blocker since they only want to bring in receiving type TEs. This means IOL should be drafted early with one of the first 2 picks imo.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    back up at LT

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Mac is high on this Grey kid I wonder if he will break the line up or sit another year on the PS.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I do not want to see that, do you? I know I keep hearing how deep this class is at OT and especially LT so I am all for Chucks moving inside or going bye bye. thoughts?

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    IIRC he played pretty good coming in for RT in 2018 a couple games. I have no idea how'd he do at LT, just haven't seen enough tbh. He had a lot of potential and they drafted him as a project in the 4th so I can't give up on him yet. But I would like to see them get a legit LT prospect but man they just get picked so early we never have the chance.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Someone else has mentioned that but if he is the swing guy no way from what I have seen in the past do I want him at LT. Ben has enough problems being killed from behind don't need to be added to that list, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I really do hope Feiler is kicked inside. If not, Chukwuma Okorafor has to battle for his Steelers life as Zach Banner is not going to make it easy for Chuks to win the swing tackle spot assuming Matt stays at Right Tackle. Nevermind just winning the battle, Chuks contract is almost up as he has two more years left.

Best to see what you have in him now.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am in favor of the opposite and keeping Feiler at RT. This would give some continuity to the right side and we can use the proven vet in Wiz at LG.

Chuks and Banner can still battle it out and continue to improve. They will most certainly get their chance to see what they bring as injuries will occur as always.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I like this and when you think about it maybe Chucks could be the odd man out no?

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You really don't like Chuks LOL. Maybe the light comes on and maybe it doesn't we'll see. I'd rather have him on board the next 2 years in case AV continues to regress. I really only see Banner on the right side. Better to have options though.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I hope one of them beats out AV for the LT starting spot. He looked as bad as Pouncey last year.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Need for youth to start filling in the staring roles as we seem to be getting really old on the OL. Wiz is a good move but not a long term solution either as a starter or backup. I am not positive that AV or MP would start on most teams at this point.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No no no it is not about like I don't like what I saw with him on the left side. If something happens to AV we need a guy who has at least potential to replace him and keep Ben alive. Both Chucks and Banner are not that, also we need to find the replacement for AV and pretty soon, like you say AV has shown regression, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Kind of off topic, but goes in the general OL discussion. Do you know if all the new CBA is implemented this year? The new CBA calls for increased roster, the game day roster increased to 45, plus a designated reserve emergency OL who can be used only as last resort (kind of like the 3rd string QB was designated a few years ago). IMO having that designation available might open up another roster spot for an OL, especially with the roster size increasing.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Much of the new CBA is. As you said, the active gameday roster is now 46 with 12 players total now eligible for the practice squad. The major one that is not is the salary cap. Players will receive 48 percent of the revenue share as opposed to 47 next season. That said, really wish the players would have gotten 49 or even 50.

Then again, asking the NFL PA to untie as one is the equivalent of mixing water and oil.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Of that46 is one the emergency BU OL? Or is that an extra as well. I may be wrong, but I read somewhere about that exempted emergency OL and thought that was a pretty valuable resource for every team, while not a usable player (unless all the other reserves have already been used), it still makes game planning more interesting.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yes. Roster day totals now need to be 46. Eight total Offensive Lineman need to be dressed.

• Like Like x 1
  22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Home grown, backup, and the price is right. OK.