1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Ebron

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Vannett is a free agent. I can't imagine they would bring him back. I imagine you'll see McDonald and Ebron used in a similar manner to McDonald and Jesse James in 2018, with Gentry getting limited steps as the No. 3 tight end.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    A wasted 5th rd pick

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Good call, I was critical of the suggestion of this happening, I'm shocked I certainly didn't think they would spend that much this year on a FA.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    See I told you Colbert would figure it out :lolol:

5. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I like all the moves! Steelers know they have a 1-2 year window with Ben! Now who do we draft with our 1st pick? WR?

6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    While on paper this looks good, what will be the real impact. Last year, when our QBs rarely threw anything longer than 7 yards, very few of those went to the TEs. Is Fitchner going to change and start using the TEs more?

7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    And bubble wrap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    This sucks, I hate Ebron. You thought Moncrief dropped passes. Waste of money.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tell us how you really feel.... lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A couple things, Vannett is a FA so not on the team as of this posting. RB is fluid at this point. I guess training camp will weed it out, but I think Snell gets the nod over Edmunds. While Samuels has showed his running is not a real strength, I believe with Ben his pass catching ability will be a valued asset. Plus it does not appear Conner is really a long term prospect with all the injuries, would not surprise me if the team goes RB in the 2nd if right guy falls.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tough cookies. I was on the Ebron train coming out of college. Took 6 years but finally got him! :beee:

• Like Like x 3
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I didn't want him in the draft for the same exact reason and he hasn't changed. 8-10% drop rate every year it seems.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't imagine Edmunds would be ahead of Snell at running back. That certainly wasn't the case in 2019.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd rather have Doyle. This means no te in the draft.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If I was Arya Stark, Eric Ebron would be on my list....:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Vox Verrum.

I did not realize that Vannett is a FA. Thanks for the update. Yes, in the pecking order of RB I go: Conner, Whtye, Samuels, Snell and then Edmunds. Assessment on each:

Conner: The best RB we have but undependable health-wise. As I have previously stated, I just wonder if his cancer treatments weakened his body and contribute to his injuries; I would guess yes. I did research this a bit but did not find much on the topic. Once again, I cannot imagine that cancer treatments do not weaken the body. Therefore, making it more prone to injury; especially when your livelihood is a RB in the NFL. Given that, hopefully, there are no setbacks and the cancer is gone for good. And his body continues to get stronger and more durable with time and not just for his life as an RB but life in general. Keep him for now.

Whyte: You did not mention him. I am assuming he is still with us as I see him still listed on the Official Steelers Website. I love his speed. Very, very nice attribute to have and a great switch-up type. Keep him.

Samuels: Great pass catcher as you stated and a good outlet for Ben. Keep him.

Snell:
    Not impressed one way or another.

Edmunds: Not impressed one way or another.

Oh Yeah. I love the Ebron pick-up by the way. Him and McDonald are going to be a great tandem at that position. Now hopefully, Fichtner can get his head out of his rear-end, as well as Tomlin, and utilize our TEs unlike last season where they were practically invisible. Just disgusting. Especially, as we were working with basically rookie QBs. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Thanks Disco. Have a great weekend my friend!

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Stone.

Very funeeee!

I just looked him up at Steelers.com out of respect for the spelling of his name. Fichtner sucks and I actually like your spelling much better(smile). He has to do better! And for that matter, Tomlin sucks too for this particular situation regarding the underutilization of our TEs last season. Afterall, doesn't he sign off on all game plans as the HC? I am pretty sure he does or does he just have two rubber stamps. One labeled "YES". One labeled "NO". Then he picks up whichever one is closest and just stamps away without looking. You have to wonder sometimes. Take care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll take 750 yards and 13 TD’s that he had with Luck throwing him the ball in 2018.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends on how they feel about Gentry.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:herewego:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree with the lack of TE use, I strongly disagree on Snell. In pre and early season he seemed very slow, but as the season went on he gained confidence, and while not ever going to be a speedster, showed durability and toughness. He also (I believe) is the type of guy who gets better the more carries he gets, a guy who loves to close out a game. While the 30 carry per game RB is a thing of the past, a guy who can wear down a D (especially in the 2nd half), take time off the clock, and just pound the rock is a definite asset. I saw that in Snell the latter part of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Vox.

Yes, I will give you that on Snell as I re-think your points. He does seem to be the type of RB that needs more touches to get going. We need a "Grinder" who can wear down Defenses and close out the games as you stated. Since "The Bus" we really have not had that prototype of RB. I do believe that he fits that bill. Okay, we can keep him (smile). Have a great weekend Vox. Take care.

24. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    with this move drafting a TE is out of the question (because Gentry is still developing, and Scotland-Williamson) so now I predict that we draft either a RB or WR in the second and a safety in the third, I say WR because of JuJu suspect last season - a hot draft addition rises everybody and we all know its a great WR class, I say RB only if Dobbins is on the board, I also like Cam Akers

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Snell will be the #2 RB if this group stays intact, if they draft one Samuels or Whyte could be cut.