1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news.....just what we need right now!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thesteeldeal, Mar 20, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Nice. Oh I'm sure there's a lot to be read into that, but still, on the surface, that's great news.

But crap...for the first time in years without pain?? Maybe all our problems really were Ben's fault. Or wait...Tomlin had to know about this and do nothing about it. So yeah, once again, it's all on Tomlin.

(For the record, I hate using green font. But to keep all the apologists from going all corona on my sarcasm, I'll relent.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im not going to say that I know exactly what Ben has been going through, but I can definitely relate as I have a similar injury. And I can tell you, it just doesn't go away. I injured mine in August 2014 running an OC race and it still bothers me to this day. 99% of the time I don't feel it. It's one of those things that ordinary everyday people can live with. But any time that I put extra strain on that area, it aches. Pulling something heavy, pull ups, chin ups, bicep curls, etc....all happen with discomfort and a dull ache. I know not to push it too hard and that I have to keep my elbow tucked in and my hand pronated to protect it. To me its a mild inconvenience and I just work around it because my livelihood doesn't depend on it being 100%. So I can totally see how this has been bugging Ben for years and he's just been playing through it. Short of complete immobilization for a long period of time, no amount of rest will heal it.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe he should have done this year's ago instead of hurting the team for years. It would have been done with him younger and given the team a longer window of healthy ben.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey thesteeldeal.

Sounds great. Hopefully, this translates into real game-time playing situations. No one ever wants surgery but sometimes it is the only alternative. When it comes to the continuation of one's livelihood, it may be the only solution. We need Ben. The window is short. We got a phenomenal "D". A very Good "O" that just needs a QB. Right now, Mason , Duck, and Lynch are not the options given or short window of time and salary cap issues.

I really believe we have a good "O" as some might disagree. I am feeling it. Once again, much relies on the health of the skilled players. Ask yourself: when did we have RBS: Conner, Whyte, and Edmunds.... WRs: Washington, Johnson and JuJu…. TEs: Vance & Vannett all on the field at the same time. They are all very talented or at the least sufficient. The RBs and WRs are all talented and each brings a diverse set of skills to the team. If they can get it together health-wise, and our OC can get his head out of the sand, especially regarding the usage of the TEs, we are going to be okay I feel. Oh yeah, the O=Line needs to re-find their mojo as well.

Also, I personally would be doing all that I can to bring back Bell and Martavis. I would say the same for Brown he would have to go through a thorough and I MEAN THOROUGH psychological exam to see where he is at. He probably has so many legal and NFL disciplinary issues hanging over his head that he would be suspended indefinitely anyway. I often find myself just awe-struck as to what we had and lost with Santonio Holmes, Martavis Bryant, Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown. WE WERE LOADED. And just like that, POOF! All gone.

All OF THEM BLEW IT! None of them went onto anything or anywhere near as conducive for them to play and become productive as their times in Pittsburgh. They were definitely at the end of the line when the handing out of brains and common sense were being distributed. When their turns came up, all ran out. Just complete morons I tell you. As I say in situations like this:

Unbelievable but typical.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome to the world of middle aged weight lifting......:hehehe:. I know exactly what you mean. There are aches and pains in joints that are here to stay. Like you said you just find a way to work around them. Somethings you can and can’t do anymore with the weights.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hey if your employment depended on being employed you would suck his poop shooter too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Read my post. Im telling you anything short of surgery and/or very long term immobilization isn't working. I f'ed mine up in August 2014. Couldn't do much with it for a few days. Gradually got better to the point that I could pull open the fridge and microwave doors. Then better to the point where I could live my life and not worry about it or feel it unless I was working out. Couldn't do pull ups, curls, etc until February 2015. Even locking out during pressing hurt. I didn't totally immobilize it, but I avoided anything that made it ache. Eventually I could do these things again, but never 100% pain free. Still can't to this day. I still feel it when I stress it and have to adjust. Ben didn't have this option, he needs to throw well to make a living. There's no working around it. He just had to play through it until it became so severe that he couldn't throw anymore.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for the reminder. As if that big FIVE--ZERO looming ahead this summer isn't enough. :lolol:

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    pussy

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You mean the guy who does anything to win? The guy who is so focused on winning that he alienates people like AB? The guy that is the only reason we have sniffed the playoffs recently? Yeah, he's such a douche for playing hurt and trying to help the team when it would have been a 100% guarantee that having his shoulder fixed several years ago was the right answer.

Holy **** dude,,,,,,,,that was stupid!

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ooh. That`s cold. LOL.

15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Couldn't help it!!!! :roflmao:

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t feel bad I’m 1 ahead in a couple months....

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm already there. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I believe him given all that had happened in 2018. Throwing the ball an NFL High 670 times is going to definitley take its toll on any QB; old or otherwise. Balance was never established in 2018 and it oh most could not be found anywhere in 2019.

All that said, I really hope Ben does take it slow. COVID 19 definitely is a curse and bane but it could also be a gift and blessing at the same time. With OTAs likely to not happen, Ben can regain his lost strength at his leisure.

19. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    EXACT same story for me with my right shoulder and elbow. 10 years later and can still "feel it" sometimes. Difference is, Ben gets DAILY rehab. Everything from massage to accupuncture, laser therapy, cryo chambers...on and on. Me...not so lucky. I had to rehab amidst uniterrupted "real life".

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I heard Art II on Golic and Wingo this morning say Ben was ahead of schedule. Plus he's throwing to Switzer so he won't have to throw it very far and aggravate the injury. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe we should have a party together. I keep telling my wife I'm going to make turning 50 look good...she keeps bringing me back to earth. I am an avid weight lifter, so I understand living or working around injuries. I plan to keep going until I can't.

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That's where I got lost when I heard this report (did not read the article). The report said Ben was throwing 20 yards, and Switzer was there..I assume swtiz was getting the warm up 3 yard tosses, no mention who was getting those 20 yarders, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I cant choose just two, I want Three rivers bac . Dinner with Crosby and Bell go hit 40 Homer's and and ....

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Shut up, Gramps.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Holy **** dude, for a moment I thought you were talking about Roethlisberger, but that would be stupid.