1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free agency 2020 thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 16, 2020.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think if everyone stays healthy on offence in 2020 it may not be too bad but depth is required on the offensive line, tight end, running back and receiver, everywhere basically. That second round pick has to be spent on offence and it has to be an impact player

Real lack of depth on D too, especially at safety and ILB. They can probably get a cheap NT in free agency

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    So far, it appears that 2020, in general, is being managed by the Cleveland Browns!

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Yes I know I like him a lot but if he is there at 49 is the question and then the other question is do the Steelers feel that is the best option at 49. I am just throwing out Dillon and a fall back and imo a pretty good one, have you seen him much? I like this class or RB's and yes I like Dobbins a ton but I also feel pretty confident in guys like Dillon and Perine.
    The reason I am saying this is if a guy like Cushenberry is there or one of the edge guys like Anae, Weaver or your guy Baun, and another guy is S Winfield are there we could still go one of them and a RB later. I like Dobbins but at 49 I am not sure we go RB with all this other talent there....if they are there, you know?

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    They dump Freeman and get Gurley. It's the same guy. :facepalm:

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

DD was playing somewhat hurt last year. He got that taken care of immediately after the season ended, which bodes well so he's ready when the season starts. Feiler is solid at RT. I wouldn't move him. Our right side should be fine. Foster is finally gone. Thanks ramon. We will fill this spot and have more mobility at the position. AV had a solid year again. There were a few plays here and there, but circumstances and foster didn't help matters. He will rebound nicely. Now, comes the problem spot as far as I'm concerned, pouncey. Some of that could be attributed to foster. Some his own drop off. He ain't going anywhere any time soon though. Wisniewski countered the loss of finney. So we are not in that bad of shape. Last year was just that I hope, a fluke. We have a pretty solid line. We have some pretty good depth. We will add a good player in the draft. It doesn't have to be a an early pick. Just a good one. This draft has that.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not so sure. AV is my favorite Steeler and he was beaten routinely last year. Losing Munch wreaked havoc, and the O line was a mess from end to end. So to think that it will all be fine this year is a bit of a stretch.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Regarding the OLine I’m fairly sure that I read that the Steelers were the most blitzed team in football last year. The protection was under immense pressure as opponents were running downhill at our inexperienced QB’s all year long, it would have been very hard for the line to hold up.

Teams may be a little more wary next season with Ben able to read defences and get the ball away much quicker than Mason or Duck. They will have to drop more guys in to coverage at times. That may be oversimplifying the issue, but a healthy Ben makes everyone on offence better. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt in any case. Important they get younger across that line over the next couple of drafts though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    With our tagging of dupree and the signing of Wisniewski we don't need to panic on those spots. It's looking like anae would be there in round 3. Jackson in round 4. Neither will or will have to start. Dobbins could start and upgrade immediately. That one spot could help many spots on offense. He is as consistent as they come. Dobbins is head and shoulders above those two. That's drafting one just to draft one. Dobbins is a plug and play upgrade. Jackson is as solid a guard as you will get with those starts at center he can be a chess piece down the road. Those are two guys you plug in and don't worry about in my opinion.:cool:

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I guess we will just have to wait and see. Were we the most blitzed because the D knew we had inexperienced QB;s or because they knew we had a porous line?

Let's hope Ben makes the difference. Let's hope Ben can cover for Fuchtner like he used to. Let's hope the O line improves. Let's hope our O line coaching improves. Let's hope we have a season!

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I went through this scenario in a thread awhile back about why the interior downfalls made other problems look more glaring. I stick by that, if you want to look it up. It affects the outside arc and the qb stepping up. It's never about just one thing. Just because munch left, I'm sure these guys didn't forget what he taught them in one off season. Player ability, mobility and age of foster was huge in last year's debacles. :cool:

11. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    We have six picks. Whaddaya want? I'll take (in some order): OL, S, OLB, RB, TE, DT

12. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Both can be true. Munch was an enormous loss, and the end of any respect I had for the completely inept Art II.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Let's hope because that is going to be crucial this year! As far as Munch, I can see a new blocking scheme making a huge difference but then I don't know what fundamental changes were made?

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    @Lambert I hope your avatar isn't anyone you know because I will feel guilty staring at it all the time:drinks:

15. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
  16. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    LOL, don't know her. It's very close to the wife (her hair is wavy).

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that should be the picture on all airbags when they deploy and you go face first into them.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Well time will tell I have read Anae 2nd and 3rd round, but it isn't just about starter either. Dobbins isn't coming here to be the day one starter I am not saying he can't be but he won't not with Conner here. We have very little holes as far as starters, all these guy we mentioned could start but have people ahead of them. That is what I like right now we truly can go BPA. I think Dobbins, Cushenberry, Anae and Winfield are all great options and all offer value not just for next year but this year as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Bring sanders back home

20. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    You motorboating, sonofabitch, you!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    upload_2020-3-20_11-29-11.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Almost makes you want to hit a wall head-on:thumbs up:

You know the first thing you do when you take one to puss is to shake you head so motorboating it is:hehehe:

23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He will keep Switzer off the field.

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Cheaper?

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    RB, TE, DL, OL, DB, project (for Tomlin)