1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Any of these worth kicking the tires on?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lewisha, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has been failing that one for a long time. Maybe that's why they wouldn't start him at Pitt!

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I'd feel much better with guy like Keenum, but that just never seemed realistic with the cap situation. I've assumed all along that Rudolph, Hodges and Lynch would be competing for the No. 2 job in the preseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps. I was more confused as to why any team would want both of them. I wouldn't be stunned if someone looked at Lynch's draft resume and physical tools and started having visions of fixing the guy.

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We'd have to pay someone to take both. Maybe get a punter in return.

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Lambert.

I have been advocating for Dalton for a while now. The man has proven he can win. He is also familiar with the division as well. If Ben does not come back in pre-injury form or anywhere near it.... well we see what life is like without him in regards to Mason and Duck. We do not know what we have in Lynch and it seems that the majority here really does not want him. I like Dalton.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's been solid. Respect to him. As a one season dart throw, in the event of a Ben injury, we could do worse but I don't really want him and someone will give him more than we can. Besides, Gingers are from Hell.

7. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Agreed, sadly those are the things you can't coach. Guy definitely has talent but is a trainwreck off the field and lapses mentally. We really don't have the cap space to sign him anyway so it doesn't matter. Unfortunately our cap makes Hodges like backups the reality.

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Besides it wouldn't be right having Skipper and Ginger showering together after the game.

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why, didn't we learn anything from trading our 3rd string QB last year for a late round pick before the season began?

Lets give Paxton at least one training with the Steelers before you trade him!

It is going to be fun to see Mason and Lynch battling it out with 5 preseason games this year. My money say's that Mason will come to play and force Ben into playing a little more in the PreSeason than he is used too. Come regular season Mason will have plenty of believers back in his corner.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am a Mason Rudolph believer, that is why I would like to get rid of Lynch for a draft pick because I think he will be a cut post training camp. MR has enough motivation to succeed from the fan's reaction to Duck and his Garrett fiasco. I actually think MR would be more motivated by a draft pick than the return of Lynch. Paxton seems more interested in a back up role for "Twilight" or Pirates of the Caribbean but not football. Yes I"m speculating....

I don't think Dobbs has a thing to do with it. Would we have been better off with Dobbs on the roster last year? No one knows for or against.

I've just read too many negative things about Lynch during his time in Denver to make me believe he wants to put forth the effort to succeed.