1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hargrave

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 16, 2020.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yes, I agree with you regarding Dupree. Has he improved? Sure. To what extent? Definitely not off the charts. And the biggest question is why did he improve? I stated the possibilities in another thread. Here they are again:

• Did the proverbial light finally go on?
    • Was he the recipient of a better supporting cast?
    • Switching sides with TJ?
    • Better coaching?
    • Was it money driven? Last year on a contract. I do not really believe this one. Too risky as I have stated before. Only a fool would chance to play below par for four years and turn it up on the final year of a contract knowing that he can be released anytime along the way during that 4-Year period. And only a fool in management would fall for that.

So, given all of that, and the "Tag", he needs to show me way more than he did last year even though there was so-called "improvement". I am still skeptical regarding his improvement. Do not get me wrong, I am very happy. However, because it took until Year #5, it is costing us dearly as he and his agent hold all of the negotiating cards and in part this led to the leaving of Hargrave indirectly. Hopefully, Edmund's career does not follow the same path and it all falls into place for him this year (#4) and not #5 if he gets that far.

Also, yes, Tuitt needs to pick up from where he left off last season prior to his season-ending injury. The man was lighting it up. Unfortunately, his career up to this point, has been plagued by the "injury bug". I hope he can shake it once and for all because we really need him and just think about how much more our new and improved "D" is going to mature. This "D" really can be special IMO. We really only have one weak spot and that is Edmunds. Even given that, he is not terrible but does need to find his way. If he does and Ben can return to pre-injury form, I really feel good about this team.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If Tuitt can last a season I think he will be a probowler. Dud? My over/under on his sacks is- 8
    Forced fumbles- 1
    Recovered fumbles- 1
    Pass deflections- 1
    QB hurries- bottom third of the league
    Tackles- 48
    Trips to the probowl lifetime- nil
    Seasons allpro lifetime- nil
    SB rings- well that depends on Ben

3. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    The grass might not be greener, but the money is!
    We had no shot keeping him if we go with Tuitt. Man was going to get paid in FA.

Expected loss, necessary evil, we'll survive.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Who do you think is better. Tuitt when healthy or Javon?

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Tuitt for sure. Again though, when healthy as you stated; very seldom at that. That is an underrated concern overall heading into 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Id rather kept a healthy Hargrave over an often injured Tuit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tuitt is probably right below TJ & Minkah as our best player when healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Let's hope that Tuitt himself does everything he can to condition himself for the long run and he stays healthy. It would be fun to watch!

9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Torn muscles are not good ( I tore my bicep before, and it is not the same ) True NFL players have better Doctors and rehabilitation methods than me but...He now has a torn bicep, and a torn pec muscle in his career...

Moving forward I would be hard pressed to rely on a guy, Who's trying to use his strength with violant hand fighting, and pushing and pulling with very large individuals... Torn muscles don't give me a great deal of confidence

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. Unfortunately they are locked into Tuitt. All things being equal, right now I would rather have Hargrave, but that wasn’t an option this offseason.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope he sucks when we play them.