1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    To this Board... I'm a huge sports guy, love it all...Bucs, NCAA tournament, Pens, NBA ( well, the playoffs anyhow ) Free agency and the draft is all I have, well sports wise ( sorry wifey if she could read this )

Everyone stay safe

• Like Like x 1
  2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Yes, this Board is more than a social gathering spot, at least for me. A lot of emotions get stirred up around here. In the end, it is all good as I have stated before the Common Denominator is that we are all down with the B & G. It is a great place to get breaking news, share opinions, cheer, vent and much more. Sometimes, I feel bad when I cannot get here and even worse if I cannot find the time to respond to someone from a Thread or Post that I have put up. There really is quite a collage of characters and personalities on here, in a good way of course.

This Board, is in some ways, the best in regards to the advancements of Telecommunications. To be able to interact with my Steeler friends World-Wide that up until 1991 (the birth of the Internet for the Public) was virtually impossible. It really is awe-striking to know that I can come on here and interact with people around the corner of my neighborhood or around the World. Just fascinating when you think about it. And not just text-wise but a whole host of multi-media sharing from images, sound bytes, videos, etc. Just incredible.

I may be a little more intense about this than the next person because of my involvement with Computer-Technology and the development and implementation of Online Classes for those students who are too sick to attend "Brick and Mortar Schools". I have been a part of, and witnessed, the transformation of K-12 education and how it has changed the landscape of delivering instruction. Just fascinating I tell you!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey again Disco1981.

Yeah, I am starving for some live sports. I turned the TV on this past weekend when March Madness should be in effect and we all know why it is not. As well as the NHL, NBA, the Masters would be coming up. Shoot, I am thinking about rounding up some adult folks in the neighborhood and "Pitching Quarters" which was an old "Street Hustle" activity we use to indulge in growing up. Anything for some real-live competition (laughing).

Man the playgrounds, basketball courts, baseball fields, recreation centers are all like morgues now. Really sad I tell you. The schools are all shut down. Many work places are closed. And as an end result most people in the neighborhood are "imprisoning" themselves indoors. This really sucks! I need some action man! Back to the Quarters. Maybe I will make a Competition Flyer and post it up in the near-by park (smile). I can film the event and share it with everyone here OR maybe even somehow find a way to stream it live if TTF will allow it (smile and laugh). Take care Disco and Everyone else.

4. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    You write so eloquently, Me not so much lol... We're stuck with each other, Wth else we gonna do...And you're right, People disagree, sometimes rather heatedly on here but...Just like what is going on in real life...We have to carry on and overcome

Which we will...Carry on my friend and Go Steelers!

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Do not worry about the style points so much when you write my friend; especially here. Just make sure that your message comes through loud and clear, like it always has with you (smile). I sincerely enjoy your dialogues. That is why I make sure that when you post I try to reply as much as I can.

Hey famous quote from one of your all-time favorites which can also apply to writing: "Style points do not matter". Now, who is that Disco? Come on now. You know who. Your Main Man Tomlin. I know how much you love "Popcorn". It is you that refers to him as "Popcorn". Right? Take care Disco.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yep, thank God we have some place to go to exerciser our wit and banter:smiley1:

I was up in the ANF over the weekend and I am not a social media person so when I got home Sunday to find out all bars and restaurants are closed and the supermarkets are either out of supplies or a complete zoo, or both, it was a bit of culture shock for me.

Up in Marienville, there was zero indication that they even knew the Coronavirus existed, and I come home to Armageddon.

I can't wait till we can all go to a sporting event......but until then, we can shoot the **** here:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Even the Kelley Hotel?

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Especially the Kelley! And the Highland Hotel is back in business!:drinks:

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As an avid golfer it is the Golf I miss most right now. The Masters being delayed pisses me off big time. Not a BB fan so doesn't affect me at all. I do enjoy the NHL Playoffs so will miss that. Great thing about being a Pirate fan this just means they will lose less games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Awwww the memories...My Dad used to take us up the " Mountains"...We had a camp in Kelletville, right next to the Flying W ranch, we love it up there....Still have many Uncle's and Cousins how have camps in Mariennville,TionestaTidioute, Warren,St.Marys...All through the " mountains"... It's like going back in time to the old West...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Popcorn yep lol...Let's pray this pandemic will pass soon, and everyone can back to some sense of normalcy

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Did you ever have undeniable pleasure of seeing the Hallton Hilton before it was fixed up?

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Yeah this really sux. Everything is closed. The recreation centers and alike (YMCA, Boys and Girls Club), Bowling, SkyZone (Trampoline Park if you do not know), Laser Tag places and so on. My Step Grandson and I would typically be at these places with school being out. However, all are shutdown as I assume is the case where you are. This problem is compounded with the fact that school will be closed for the next two weeks. Which again, I am assuming your town/city is going through the same protocol.

I heard that NYC may shutdown school for the rest of the year. It may be the right thing to do. Two weeks is not going to be enough time anywhere to prevent the spreading of the virus. It will probably start to settle down when people can get outside more and out of enclosed places like school, indoor sporting events, recreation centers and alike. I am thinking more like having the students return to school around the first week in May. Just my opinion. Take care Disco.

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Absolutely

15. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes Sir, It's crazy...Just got back from a dollar store near me...No milk, butter, eggs, toilet paper, and of course hand sanitizer...

The store opens up at 10 o'clock , but actually opens at 9-10 just for senior citizens...Girl at the counter told me a few young woman came in at 9 o'clock and she told them they had to wait until 10 o'clock...

They responded with " Piss on that, I have **** to get " and filled their buggies with the aforementioned items...

This is the World we live in now unfortunately...Keep teaching those kids to be better!

16. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I guess I should consider myself fortunate in our little town in WV. Lots of hand sanitizer, adjusted business hours, and gathering in quantity is frowned upon, but otherwise, it's life as usual. This is one of the few times living in WV is actually a good thing. We won the covid-19 bracket and held out the longest without a confirmed case. But that's just because not even covid-19 acknowledges that we're a state. It tried to get to us and ended up in Richmond, VA.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    She should of refused to ring them up and if they attempted to leave within paying call the cops, and have them arrested....simple

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw one that said a guy has nothing to watch with the sports shut down but a couple of birds fighting over worms this morning. So far the blue jays are leading the Orioles 3-2. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...She was real young though, And I think she got bullied and scared...Felt bad for her, she said the other workers are all quiting...This is a very trying time

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Hillbilly :roflmao:

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

It is the same here. We (well some) have regressed back to their primal instincts of survival. I was at the local supermarket this morning (around 6:00 am) to get a few Starbuck bottle drinks. This is what I have doing for years now. There is usually myself and maybe one or two other customers in there at that time. However, it was "Packed". I looked down the TP aisle, totally wiped out along with paper towels, kleenex and other paper goods. Water was no different. People had their shopping carriages filled to the brim. I just kind of chuckled to myself. I am good with all of these items at home. Not because I raided the store previously just because I already had them and really am not panicking over it.

It is both funny and sad at the same time as some people revert back to their intrinsic nature to plunder, pillage, hoard, etc. Kind of like the Barbarians in the Medieval times. Just wait, the YouTube moments are probably not far around the corner as we will see people rolling around on the ground fighting over the last roll of TP. Also, money will become obsolete. We may end up back on the "Barter System". You know, "I will trade you a roll of TP for a bottle of water". I joked about that with a couple walking their dog in my neighborhood yesterday. At first, they thought I was serious. They actually got defensive until I let them know I was just kidding. Wow!

As you stated, this will pass eventually. Until then, it is a waiting game. And a time to be resourceful, patient, and smart. Your Quote: "Keep teaching those kids to be better!" Disco, this one may be beyond my control. This has been going on for years now and it all originates back to the home and the so-called parents that raised some of these misfits. No manners or sense of common decency. Oh well, I will continue to take things in stride and just "go with the flow" as we work our way through this mess. I hope you will do the same. Take care.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Wow, my Dad had a camp halfway between Endeavor and Kelletville. I rode the trails a lot of times at the Flying W and we went swimming a lot underneath the bridge in Kelletville.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    4F75994A-28D6-4705-8AE2-FE72CCAB6E3B.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Cougar Bobs!

25. Iowasteeljim