1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Man most of the league smokes weed for recovery. These guys are getting destroyed during the season and weed gives them a non-narcotic pain reliever.
    The first guy I ever heard talk about this was former Cowboy center Mark Stepnoski who used it religiously for pain relief. Better than Taradol and all that other junk the trainers and doctors hand out.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Chase Claypool for me Blast. I understand that Martavis was great here but there is no guarantee that he will be again like he was in his earlier years. Chase Claypool on the other hand is someone worth looking into.

Very unusual skillset for certain. Why not have an offensive hybrid receiving weapon who can take the top off?! Chase Claypool definitely is interesting for certain.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Well yea, he was addicted but he had psychological issues as well not related to the weed.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Draft him, or someone else, this is a good WR class and there’s no guarantee they will retain JuJu when his contract is up.

Bryant is about maximizing Bens window. Year deal, if he stinks up preseason, cut him loose. No harm. JMO.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I honestly doubt they retain JuJus contract barring some extreme developments. Either way, it stinks because I like JuJu. A breath of fresh air among players on the team.

Regarding signing Martvais to a vet min., Pittsburgh is currently at least 8.3 in dead money. I do not think the team wants to add more to that.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Always loved him. If he can play, and the weed was really the only issue, I'd give him a look. Doesn't hurt.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Let's sign him and trade him to Oakland. Seem to be good at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s ok, i do not think they’d have to cut him ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Some good info there!

I just wonder if he isn't in that category of guys who think they are bigger than the world and when they get knocked back a peg or two we find out their fortitude to compete came from false bravado?