1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hargrave

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    To Eagles...3 years, 39 million...Hope Tuiit can stay healthy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That's actually not a bad deal for them. That D line is going to make some noise.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wish him all the best and hope he doesn't regret the move. Sometimes the grass is just grass. Thanks for the four years Digger

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

Eagles sign NT Javon Hargrave (3 years, $39 million): A Grade

The Eagles needed a replacement if Timmy Jernigan departed in free agency, and they certainly found one. They signed Javon Hargrave in what seems to be an excellent move.

Hargrave is a young nose tackle who stuffs the run extremely well and can also get after the quarterback. He projects as a terrific pairing with Fletcher Cox, and at $39 million for three years, this seems like a bargain, especially when compared to some of the other signings that occurred today. The Eagles may have missed out on Byron Jones, but this is a tremendous consolation prize.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Highest paid NT in the league. With 26 million guaranteed. No chance of signing him.

Still sucks losing him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It absolutely sucks, but the Steelers clearly had no shot at retaining him. Losing him was a done deal from the moment it became clear they wouldn't extend him before the 2019 season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Would love to keep him but it was never realistic. Best of luck to him, I follow him on Instagram and he seems like a great guy as well as an excellent player. He will form a really nice duo with Cox, best in the league?

Can we say he is the highest paid NT when Philly play a 4-3

8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Thank you for the update. It was inevitable. Especially with the Dupree situation. It took too long for us to find the other "Bookend" at OLB (Watt + Dupree). So, the choice has been made on whom to keep. Now, let's go get my Casey Hampton 2.0 NT. Plus like you stated, we have Tuitt in the wings. Drum Roll Question Though....Can he stay healthy? If so we are good. Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu. We can get another front-line guy. It has taken nearly a decade to get that other OLB. Four years wasted with Jarvis "The Bust" Jones and the first four with Bud "Underachieving" Dupree.

Our system is predicated big time on two very good OLBs. Watt is Great and Bud is Good. I will take that over keeping Hargrave. For the record I do like Hargrave but again, me personally, want that Casey 2.0 guy at NT. Hargrave was a DE pretending to be a NT. Not stout enough against the run. Even though some argue that the league is a predominantly a Passing one, again I am seeing subtle signs from last season that the run game is returning somewhat. The best example as I have stated a couple of times is Tennessee and what they did throughout the regular season and the playoffs. There are a few other teams last season that started leaning on the run a bit more than in previous years. A change may be coming. It always does. Nothing remains static forever in sports as we all know.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    13 million per for a nose tackle? Really?

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Loved him since 2016. Javon was really good when he was here. Hope his career in Philly yields success.

Thank you again Javon! Good luck and godspeed! :herewego:

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I hadn't even thought about what a perfect fit he is for the Eagles yet. I always thought Hargrave was miscast as a nose tackle. He's going to be much better as a 4-3 defensive tackle and he is going to make teams pay for double-teaming Fletcher Cox.

13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Much rather done that deal than tag Bud.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They weren't going to pay a NT 13 million a year, also they already paying Tuitt and Heyward 11 million or more a year, you can't pay your 3 starters on the DL that much money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Gonna miss Digger however if and when Tuitt is healthy he was a part time player so signing him was not a good idea. Don't mean I agree with the way he was used but when you are this far over the cap you don't have the luxury of signing a guy to that big of a deal. One good/bad thing about him going to the Eagles will be I will watch a lot of his games with the son being an Eagles fan. I might end up throwing something at the tv when he shines playing for then every play..........

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well he best be healthy this season. Hargrave played a lot of snaps for us last season. Goes to show someone thinks he was worth the money but we needed to ice down a one year wonder.

Dan Dan the lifetime contract man in the middle :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Buy some foam objects NY STEELERS FAN, Hargrave is just getting started...lol

We need Tuitt to be a probowler next year, we pay him as one. Dupree? He better get invited on his play too. $16mil for a 6th year guy that doesn't have anything that sticks out on his resume.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :sigh:

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I am sure the Steelers feel he is worth the money as well however when you already have 30 mil tied up in 2 players on the dline you can't give another 13 mil. We go through this every year with not being able to keep players because of the salary cap. Nobody can predict injuries and it sucks that Tuitt is hurt a lot. However you can't blame the steelers for paying him, before he got hurt last year he was the best player on the defense. I totally get the frustration many here have of losing him and I am right there with yall however you can only have so many high paid players.

As for Dan wtf how does he have a job. I would get it if I was the only one complaining about him but most here have said he stinks. If everyone see's it what the heck do the Steelers see? This guy has to go and if he is going to pick up the snap Digger use to get I hate to say it but season over, unless Ben puts up 30 a game we will lose when the other team shoves the ball down our throat due to lack of defense up the middle........smh

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah there is a running joke in my house.........the Steelers are on hide the tissue box! Tuitt's play has never been the problem his helth has and we are gonna need him now that Digger is gone. As for Bud well if anyone has time go back a few years and look at the threads started about Bud. There are many here that can't stand him and wanted him gone. He has had 4 years of tongue lashings and last year he had a nice season and get rewarded with 16 mil. If he don't play as good as last year we are going to see them posts come back out. As for me I have always been against bringing him back so I will go on record now. lol

21. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Couldn't give Hargrave 13 million a year but gave bud 16 this year.. Sweet

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Could Hargrave be the first Steeler to go elsewhere and light it up?

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Who plays more, we are already paying Cam and Tuitt 30 mil how much you want to spend on the dline? I am not a Bud supporter but I feel it is hard to pay a part time player 13 mil........

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well he did get paid congrats to Grave digger.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Emmanuel Sanders did alright for himself, went to 2 Super Bowls won 1, and made the Pro bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1