1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Memo to Kevin Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think they want to sign Bud to a long-term deal. They might tag him to get another year of negotiations.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I believe they only have to July 15th to get that done...

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ravens tagged Judon they aren't letting him go for cheap and if he does they are trying flip the comp pick formula they love. Also saw an article about one of the edge rushers filing a grievance against the league over the pay gap between OLB to DE(pass rusher) to DT it's like a 3million gap between the three with DT being lower and DE being the richest . Article seemed to indicate some of the FA will wait and see what the outcome is.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They know which players they're going to cut, maybe they're waiting for the CBA vote to tag Dupree. I wasn't talking about them going out and signing free agents.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I missed that sorry but you get what I was pointing to right?

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I posted a while back that I heard Charlie Weis talked about ownership and management meeting right after Thanksgiving and making decisions on the players they were gonna cut and keep for the following year. I am not sure how that all works but I would think a guy like him would know what he is talking about, right?

As for the FA's they can't be signed yet. Teams can sign their own fa's but not others. We can sign guys like Hilton or Fleirs if they were to work out deals but I think that is all teams can do until the new year starts.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yep I know what you are getting at. There are going to be several options if they don't want to go all in on Bud. I was looking at several mock drafts last night and there is an edge rusher from Wisconsin that could go anywhere from the late first to the mid second. makes me think what if they could get him and have him play opposite of Watt

• Like Like x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This draft is loaded with edge rushers and not just 1st rounders, imo. The guy you are thinking about is Baun, Mac has been high on him. There also is Uche, Robinson, Weaver, Anae, Highsmith, Willekes, Coleman and Danna that I have watched and looked good. There are more I havent listed cause I haven't seen them play and then there is FA as well.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Umm...

Matt Judon is likely a tag 'n' trade candidate. It worked out for the Seattle Seahawks in terms of acquiring more picks. There is no reason to assume that, assuming a team does get desperate, Matt Judon would not be on the table.

Getting back to Dupree, I would imagine that the team acquires a mid to late round EDGE player in the draft and develop him from there. If not that, signing Bud long term?!?! :hmm:

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If Zach Baun makes it that far I think the board needs to throw a party. :dancing:

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If that is the case, makes it a tad bit easier on what the plans are for 2021. T.J. is likely to reset the market assuming he wins DPOY. If not that, he is still set on some record deal as I doubt the team will simply pick up his fifth year option.