1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will There Even Be an NFL Season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wish I could rate this agree, like and hilarious. I’m not sure if the death rate is real. It is too early to tell about that, but this thing is vertigo real and it is time everyone took it seriously.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And you know this how...Are you a psychic?

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Because history says it will.

All pandemics eventually end. Every stock market crash eventually rebounds. A vaccine should be available in a year to 18 months because that is the conservative estimate told to us by those working on it (and a standard timeline for new vaccines).

The issue isn't how this ends. It's what happens until it does.

Edited to add:

I have a special needs grandson with a genetic disorder that - among other symptoms - weakens his immune system. In just the last 18 months, he's been hospitalized 4 times for respiratory illness (RSV, pneumonia after bronchitis, and the flu, twice). Yes, for most children, Covid-19 seems to not be that big a deal. But for him, that's probably not going to be the case. But even if it isn't, what happens the next time he needs ICU due to any illness, but there's no room because of a mass influx of Covid cases? Am I nervous? You're damned right I am. Not for me. But it's not about ME.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry to hear this Ray, wishing your grandson protection through all of this and all the remaining challenges he continues to face. Grand children are so special - I think because of the perspective we have with so many years under our belts that we didn't have raising our own kids. I have a Sister living, in of all places, the Seattle area who contracted a rare immune disease a few years ago that requires her to undergo dialysis 3 times a week and she's in ICU a few times every year with pneumonia. Ironically she may have gotten this disease as a rare side effect of receiving a pneumonia vaccine a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it’s “ obviously “ not gonna last long......it was made in China...:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I wish him and you good luck and will keep you and everyone in our prayers ray.

One thing that ticks me off is the reports about where will they put these patients? I have a great idea for them. How about the three massive hospitals near my area that have just closed their doors after many years. All within 10 miles of each other. One in West Virginia, and two across the river in Ohio. Mike DeWine and Joe Manchin need to get off their arses and get these opened back up and available. These are all still functional facilities at present. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hope this thread ends soon. Too many MD's. Should take this to the New England Journal of Medicine.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    It isn’t glamorous and can’t be blamed on Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You mean arm chair quarterbacks are so much more believable Hog? I'm afraid this is all we're going to have for a spell as the entire sports world made a B-line for the bunker. The only remaining events are a few crowdless NASCAR races and golf tourneys and it's just a matter of time till they shut down. The thing I can't figure out is where is Heinz Mustard? Of all times, isn't this when a few "we're doomed" chants might cheer us all up? :shrug:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope they don't postpone free agency, there's nothing else going on right now in sports.

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's what you think.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK so half thinks one way and the other half thinks the opposite. Everyone's dug in. Nothing's changed. Not unlike this MB's split view of MT or BB. And just like a certain anatomical part, everyone has an opinion too. I thought one side's mantra was embracing our differences. Sure doesn't seem like it. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am in a precarious situation. Since the ending of the Penguins season, I am in a world of funk with nothing left to see except movies and Live PD. Even baseball is delayed that worsens my mental state and makes uncertain of when I can come out of this sports abyss. I am left with reading this message board and nit picking things to pass the time as a fruitless remedy to my current situation. I hate the off season and the WuHan Virus/flu.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I think you might have misunderstood I was saying. It was a direct response to your question about who gets blamed.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with you 100% Mr. Hog. Even watching the dismal Pirates is better than nothing - been doing it my whole life (only interrupted by Civil War coverage way back). :hehehe:

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK, got it D (to the 5th power). I think it was SteelerNole's question but I did misread your comment. I still stand by my post but direct it I suppose to our old ghost friend DARCRAV (with whom we always agreed to disagree with one another). :lolol:

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, yet the only thing ESPN radio was rehashing every day was where is Brady going and does Lebron get the MVP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Prayers Ray D, the unknown is very scary. Lets hope we flatten out that curve
    or we could have another possibly worse Italy on our hands. That overwhelms our health care resources.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Mac rural hospitals are closing all over the country. Mostly due to cutbacks at both the state and federal level.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    not really rural hospitals though. this valley has a population of 175,000 people. :cool:

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    What does ohio valley have to do with this announcement????

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Haha I replied to the wrong perosn

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Remember children this has only been known since January. I am getting layed off from my job. I work at Princeton Universary as a Culinary Manager. They cancelled the semester and told the students, facilty to stay home after next weeks spring break. I've been coordinating meals to go to quarantined students on a daily basis which now will be taken over by someone else. So I guess it will take someone that you actually know that gets it before you will take it seriously?

Your President said it was a hoax. Then he said he had a hunch it would be gone by April. Then blamed it on the DNC and the Chinese. Then it becomes a pandemic, and now the mouth breather announces a National Emergency. Oh and he stripped the CDC due to the fact the past President stocked it for a pandemic. So yea, you could point to the Trump administration. Sorry to get political...

Already they are cancelling meetings. If they have a draft it might be done virtually, with Goodell being the only one on stage. This would be the first year he wouldn't get massively booed so i'm sure he likes the possibility.

https://triblive.com/sports/nfl-cancels-annual-meeting-in-florida-because-of-coronavirus-outbreak/

https://triblive.com/sports/with-other-leagues-shuttered-nfl-continues-march-to-new-league-year/

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1