1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Prediction

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry, I don't know how to make a poll ( someone who does can ****can this post and make one ) If they want...

At 11:59 tonight the NFL vote will be in on the CBA...What does everyone think the vote will be

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    F7D59DF4-931D-410C-B0C9-CA31C11CE197.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m think yes by about 54.8%

4. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Lmao...And, I hope you're right

5. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s gonna pass . It favors more of the middle of the road players,which there are more of. I did read a disturbing article about Patrick Pass former NE RB. The gist of the article is that they will be talking some “benefits “ away from the former players receiving them. It’s not my area of expertise. Maybe someone else can decipher how fair or unfair it is...don’t shoot the messenger...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ks-wife-pleads-union-reject-CBA-proposal.html

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t pass. It’s a good deal for the majority of players in the league

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    51.5%

1019 to 959

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Very good prediction

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

That’s not a prediction. It’s the result

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I wrote this on March 3rd:

There are more player who arent mega millionaires who will vote yes on this new CBA, they will be the ones who are the majority who will pass this contract:

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope someone shoves this ratified CBA up Poucey's azz.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The dog & pony show is over, Owners get what they want again.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

You know Disco. I am not even sure. As I stated in another post, 17 games will lead to 18 then, 19 then, 20 games. Also, just about every team will make the playoffs like hockey. I actually liked it when the season had 14 games believe it or not. The product will become so watered down eventually. Football will be played on every day of the week in every country across the world. Sweeping change is not always better. Yes a tweak here and there is okay and sometimes a necessity.

I think that some institutions in this world always feel the need to demonstrate change to give the impression that they are trying to improve on a product just for the sake that they are trying to implement.... change. However, not always necessary. For example: In Education, specifically reading. The national trend, not long ago, was to abandon Phonics to teach reading for a Whole Word approach. In the end it was a disaster and the realization was that Phonics was the way to go. In other words, some things are just best left alone. Take care Disco.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  15. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yo, East Side Teach...If this trend is inevitable, Here is what I would like to see, Let's make it a hypothetical 18 game season

1) 2 bye weeks, both " around " the 1/3 and 2/3 points of the season
    2) Significantly increase the roster AND practice squad
    3) Now here's where I want to put my own personal twist on it, The " Disco rule " lol...

EVERY player will still only be ALLOWED to play a 16 game season...Talk about coaching...With the expanded roster and practice squad...There would be so much strategy and risks bring taken...
    Ex) Do you rest Ben against the " ****tier " teams, and roll the dice? Play ALL of your BEST players against the Cheats, Ravens, Chiefs, ...Lesser lineups against lesser teams and cross your fingers...

The strategy would be insane, and there would be so much to talk about between us , and the big national TV shows...Some teams will be disrespected with lineups put against them...And chirp accordingly to the cameras...

And lastly ( fantasy football ) I'm in a league with my good friends...Talk about strategy, and planning, and **** talking...And LUCK! Week 12 and your team has say Mahommes, Mixon, and say George Kittle all out that game...Will make for tremendous talk and feedback on those sites and amongst FFL players...Instead of basically just plugging in your " regular " lineup for the most part... IMO, I think it would be interesting and at the same time, Still have the welfare of the players themselves protected

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981:

Good to talk to you again my friend.

Your Idea-The Disco Rule:
    EVERY player will still only be ALLOWED to play a 16 game season...Talk about coaching...With the expanded roster and practice squad...There would be so much strategy and risks bring taken...
    Ex) Do you rest Ben against the " ****tier " teams, and roll the dice? Play ALL of your BEST players against the Cheats, Ravens, Chiefs, ...Lesser lineups against lesser teams and cross your fingers...

I get where you are coming from as it would save some wear and tear on the players. Good idea in that regards. Yes, two less games may not seem like much to the average person but in the brutal game of the NFL it would definitely help alleviate some of that pounding these guys take week in and week out.

However, this would in all likelihood cause a grumbling amongst the average fans who maybe go to a game once a year, if even that. When they go to a game, they want to see their favorite players. So for instance, if Ben sits out against Team A, I know I am not going to that game and neither would probably over half the fan-base. There would be a lot of empty seats for that game.

Yes, it would cause a lot of strategic planning for both teams. If Ben sits out then the opposition will probably want to sit out one of their best players for that game as well. Yes, as you stated: "There would be so much strategy and risks bring taken".

And then how about the greedy owners? If they are mandated to sit everyone out for two games, they will see it as two games of lost revenue to some degree. Even down to the last kernel of popcorn that would not get sold.

Hey, I still like like your creativity just like I want my Casey 2.0 (smile). Take care Disco.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid