1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

That’s not a mock....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by thesteeldeal, Mar 6, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Doubtful those guys last that long. We may get one of the first 4. Maybe two would be there. :cool:

3. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So what? Can you just dream for a second or at least not ruin mine(s)....:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not bad, fills a lot of needs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If Colbert can have a draft like that he would be happier than a butcher's dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am with Mac. Of the four, Albert Okwuegbunam is the likeliest not to be there. Despite his inconsistency, his natural gifts cannot be taught either. While I doubt someone is going to take a flier on him early day two, I doubt even more that he will last into Round Four.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Sorry man! Oh look there went the Easter bunny. Lol. Yes I do like a lot of the players on his list and as priority free agents. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    That is a heck of a UDFA list huh? That’s like some teams drafts...lol. We should be so lucky...

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    That would help reload, that's for sure.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Husker fan, so its hard for me to say, but I'd rather go elsewhere for the D-line. Khalil is the better of the two brothers, DT and brother Carl is coming out in this draft too. I'm looking for someone more stout at the POA. Davis is athletic as evidenced by his combine, but we need to plug the middle and free up our very high paid DEs and OLBs.

Not a fan of Albert OK as TE either. Guess I'm feeling finicky today lol. I do like Bredeson and Sneed in the 7th.

Anae is a fine choice if Bud leaves, but if he stays, then we are using one of our top two picks on depth. Yes, I'm sure Bud is gone in a year but I still want to see want we have in the Toledo Dynamic Duo. Dupree and Watt hardly ever came out of the game.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Love love love it, even with a WR as our first pick. Anae was a flat out beast at the senior bowl so I would love that pick. Albert OK I liked a ton in the beginning of this draft process and still like him but this class is deep imo. Bredeson, Davis and Sneed fill depth holes for sure. Victor I am a big fan of and have talked about him before as a possible FA and I like McKivitz too. I would take this all day and twice on Sunday.......:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Charlie T as well. He has a nice resume. My only problem is no corners. Hilton and burns being gone leaves us very thin. Sutton is in his final year leaving only layne. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah, I only commented on the ones I have read or seen. I do understand your thinking on the corner situation, here is my take. First we really can't judge until we find out what tags they use. I have a feeling Hilton will get one and at 3m why not right? The other thing too is what cuts will be made to free up money and if there is money is this a position we find cheap vet depth in on the FA market. If not I feel corner may be looked at pretty hard. jmo

PS Josh Norman just signed a 6m 1 year deal with the Bills, fyi

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We don't need a WR especially with 2nd round pick. Now all these Steelers sites picking up on my Albert pick I said last year. He's definitely not making it to the 4th. 3rd might be a stretch.

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You also forget that all the other teams give priority to the Steelers when drafting or trading. So everything is cleared with the Steelers F.O. before any team can make a pick..or so it seems by some of the comments I have read over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not a fan of it, you know I have been one who likes our current WR group so that is part of it. Chinn has TE written all over him and I am guessing Tomlin loves him as he really wants the S/LB hybrid thing to work. Love me some Deguara for sure and Jennings has been catching some steam as well. Other than that not too sure about the rest........

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I like it. I like our WRs as well but Reagor is the gadget guy as well. We don’t really have that guy for motions and jet sweeps. Maybe not while Ben is here but I expect Canada to bring this offense into the 21st century as opposed to Fichtners Dark Ages offense. I agree Chinn could at best be what I think TE already can be but I don’t realistically expect a position change. We’re too stubborn and not forward thinking sometimes as a organization. Muti is a absolute beast if he’s healthy..boom or bust. 4th round is where you can take a swing for the fences there...imo
    Pensini is the excact type of guy you and I were discussing the other day. Late true NT that can boot Dan.

No draft is perfect but I would be extremely happy with that one....

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not trying to battle you and start an all out war with other posters but correct me is I am wrong by saying this but isn't that why we drafted DJ? I mean I thought he was a burner type and a gadget kind of guy, maybe I am wrong about him and what I thought. If he is that kind of guy coming out of college then we can't let last year dictate anything right, not with Duck and Deer back there. I am sorry but WR is not a position I would be worrying about right now. It has been proven how Juju, JW and now DJ can get open deep so if they can why would we want to draft a guy for that when we have so many more needs and little picks? JMO

As for the other guys I need to check them out, I don't know much about Muti so it is unfair to comment on him as well as the others. Like you say round 4 is where the swing and misses happen and I am cool with that.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Idk. I don’t see DJ as that type of guy. I see Reagor as a Tyreek Hill type. I could see your argument as well just that I wouldn’t be against a WR type like Reagor. I see him different than all our guys. If you look at the draft as a whole though we addressed almost all our positions of need. So if you look at the draft and the players taken by position to me it’s a very good draft. Unless you want to jostle all the positions. What I mean is we took a OLB in the 3rd. If you wanted to take one in the 2nd it changes everything else. I’m looking at it overall,like if you were going to take a WR 2nd and a OLB 3rd and so on. These are guys I would take and love to have. I wouldn’t take a TE 2nd. I probably wouldn’t take a OLB 2nd if we tag Dupree. You know what I’m saying?

Edit: DJ definitely not a burner at least coming out of college

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I see what you are saying but still don't agree. Was DJ a burner in college no was DJ drafted to be our gadget guy I think so. Does DJ, Juju and JW get open deep yes a lot so why the need to add to a group already deep? AB wasn't a burner or even considered a stud coming out and look how he turned out. Yes this draft hits most of our needs but depending on who we keep Bud or the RFA's there will be holes many of them. jmo

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well agree to disagree but DJ couldn’t of been drafted to be our gadget guy because we don’t run a modern offense. We rarely if ever incorporate any type of motion in our offense. That’s why I expect Canada to be the guy who brings some of that here. That’s a big part of his philosophy. How soon he is able to impact the O is unknown right now but I’m thinking and hoping they brought him in for more than just being a QB coach. I think they like some of his offensive philosophies as opposed to Stone Age Fichtner.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/film-room-how-matt-canada-will-impact-the-steelers-offense/

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes we will especially if you think we don't run a modern offense(which I am not agreeing or disagreeing with) then there is no need to draft that type because the same guys are running the show.........Ben and his shadow!!!!!