1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mortgage The Future Now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I knew what eight ball meant in slang but had to look up 3bs. :huh1:
    No argument here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, those were outstanding players making great plays. It wasn't a fluke like David Tyree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's true, but it's not like there was some great game plan in place that derailed the Jags defense. It was street ball and when it really mattered, the Jags D made the stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Idk, the Jags d wasn't stopping much of anything that game. They were lucky that the Steelers couldn't stop Fournette, Yeldin, Or even Blake Bortles & an obscure fb.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Still not as bad as that charger te catching that pass late in the game.:facepalm::cool:

6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Throwing it right to the Cowpie twice has to be the worst for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Alfred Popunu.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    His claim to fame.:cool:

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey mac daddyo .

Not only did AB have great college stats so did E. Sanders. There was something in my gut, as well as my mind, that told me each of these two were going to be successful. Sure enough they were. I just did not know one was going to have so many psychological problems. AB had HOF written all over him. Sanders maybe not but very, very productive at the NFL level. Excellent job by the Front Office to get both of them.

I would take Sanders back in a heartbeat. Brown on the other hand would have to go through a very extensive and thorough psychological examination before I would even let him back into the city of Pittsburgh. AB is one super talent. Shoot, just alone what he has accomplished would probably qualify him for the HOF. He is just that good. Bell too. I spoke of this the other day how we were loaded over the years at WR yet to only watch these guys implode: AB, Holmes, Bryant, Bell. Just Wow! Imagine, they could all still be playing for us. Well, maybe not Holmes. All four were/are incredibly talented and all four basically threw their futures in the NFL down the drain. Very sad. That crew on "O" and our new found "D" and again.... Just Wow!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    It's not just a fluke if you have a good one receiver, it makes number twos better and rbs better. Now those also help the number one as well. It makes your franchise qb look better too.

People can say what they want about bens elbow last year but he didn't look good in those first few qtrs. Blame the OC, blame the backups, blame conner, blame juju, but the fact that we didn't have a go to number one receiver changes the whole dynamic of the offense. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Mac I agree with what you are saying however Ben is a slow starter. The last few years he has gotten off to a slow start and ended up finishing strong. Where I am going with that is imo it is hard to judge Ben off them 6 quarters of play last year. You are onto something for sure, I was curious how Ben and what the group would do without AB........and that was beat to death here last off season.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    They say that when you can repeat it, it isn't luck. Tomlin has proven he can repeatedly lose to the Jags and the Patriots:smiley1:

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin isn't the only Steeler coach that is riding the can't beat the Jags or Cheats boat. & I agree it wasn't luck, the defense got its arse handed to them.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Although the Steelers did beat the Jags the last time they played in 2018 :thumbs_up:.