1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Santonio Holmes!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ouch. I'm right behind you, lol.

2. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep, the most amazing catch & tiptoe I've ever witnessed. Ben threw it on a rope. Them two got so hot that last drive, it was beautiful. :wizard:

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You and @defva are old. I'm turning 52 in December. You guys are so old you probably complain about the newspaper placement on your porches and yell at kids to stay off your lawns. :roflmao:

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Happy Birthday late my man!

5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hey Steelwinds,

Welcome back. Missed your civility around here!!

I agree with your assessment of Holmes' catch. What's awesome about it is the competitive spirit he showed. Dropping that easy catch could have gotten into his head and drained his focus. He came back from that STRONG. The drive itself was poetic and his contribution to the drive was almost as amazing as the final catch. Targeted 5 times. Converted 1st and 20, 3rd and 6, 2nd and 6 (40 yards from 45 to 5), 1st and goal (through his hands), and 2nd and goal ("the catch"). That was HIS drive. Ben was locked in on him. Not one target for Hines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Nowadays I sit out on the porch & shoot beebees at the dogs trying to crap on my lawn. Talk about getting some dirty looks...:dancing:

• Like Like x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep .... I call them riff raff

• Like Like x 1
  8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    So sad when that happens....

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey The Glory Days.

Yeah, I have not been around lately due to the normal ebb and flow of life. I have been thinking about all of the wonderful people here on the board. I just have not had the time to dedicate to it once the season ended. However, forever Black & Gold in heart and soul when words are not there.

If I remember correctly, without watching the video, I believe Nate Washington had one catch on that drive as well and want everyone to always remember that play as it was critical to keeping the drive alive. So, thank you Nate as well! I just love how Santonio stated something to the effect of "Who dares to be great?" That is the kind of player I want on my team. I know his off the field decisions were not always the best, and led to his eventual downfall, but man he and Ben were locked in on one another. Not just on that drive but throughout their time together. That slant pattern/play they used to execute was so silky-smooth. I just loved it!

His time together with Ben was "rhythmical" man just poetry in motion as the saying goes. I remember after the Super Bowl 43 game, there was some video of Holmes stating that he was going to stay in his hotel room and just hang out with his kid(s). I really thought that maturation-wise he may have turned a "corner" in his life as far as growing up. Obviously, and unfortunately, that was short-lived. Nonetheless, I will not let his off the field antics take away from all of the great Steeler memories that he provided for me and hopefully for all other Steeler fans as well. Hope to be back in a regular chat groove soon enough. Take care my friend.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

As I stated, it was an example of pure Athletic/Kinesthetic Genius. When we now live in a time and age where Genius is more revolved around reading, writing, and mathematics many do no give enough credit, or recognition, to other forms of Intelligence. That play was pure genius on the part of both Ben and Santonio. Right up there with Bradshaw and, Swann and Stallworth stuff I tell you.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Dobbler 33.

I just do not know why some folks in this world do not realize when they (Bell, Brown, Bryant and Holmes) have such a good thing right in front of them. Sure, things can always be better to some degree. Yet, now we are bordering on greedy and selfish. I get looking out for one's self and family. However, for each of them, the offers that they were given or were going to be able to cash in on were plenty good enough to set themselves up for a lifetime of fame and fortune without breaking the bank. Inevitably, each one's selfishness became their downfalls. I do not know, maybe there will still be a chance for Bell and Brown. If so, I really hope it is with us but with a 180 degree turnaround of attitude and commitment. Take care.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020