1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Santonio Holmes!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Mar 3, 2020.

1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Happy Birthday Santonio! Thats how you be GREAT!

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    What a great series leading up to that TD. The pass before the TD in the other end of the endzone was an easier catch. When that went through his hands, I really thought it was over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    One of my favorite Steelers WR's. Not the best career stats overall but he was money in big games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Simply one of the greatest clutch plays in SB history. When he caught that TD pass to win the game I completely collapsed on my living room floor from so much emotion passing through my body. Everyone around me was saying they are reviewing it but I kept saying it was a catch. Kudos to Big Ben for that perfect pass as well.

Happy B day young man. That's how you be great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am always ticked off when they ( the NFL ) refer to the Montana to Clark td as " the catch" where its just a simple roll out and a throw to an open TE in a playoff game.

Santonio Holmes catch is " THE CATCH " much more significant in every way , difficulty,coverage and in a SB.

If its not the catch then call it the throw because that pass from Ben in incredible when you see the placement of the ball against double or triple coverage at that point in the game.

One of the best offensive plays in SB history to go along with the best defensive play in SB history in the same game.

And some people question why we love our Steeler's.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Considering what a great throw and catch it was, I'm always entertained by this interview with Ben:

“I wasn’t thinking about a field goal, good or bad. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, but I never, ever should have made that throw. That throw was the dumbest throw ever. Why take that chance? Because when it left my hand I thought it was intercepted. I really did. I was like, `Oh, my goodness, we blew it.'

https://mavensports.io/nfl/talkoffa...i-td-toss-dumbest-ever-tWZLMgEYnkyU3BabHsaDuw

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And yet, it was the exact same throw as the one before. Ben delivered two perfect throws to opposite corners of the endzone. And THAT is what is needed to win the big games, a winner's attitude. Ben wasn't about the ball being taken out of his hands...unless he threw it. We got some really bad decisions over his career and some of us are probably a little closer to being bald because of Ben. But without him, we wouldn't have gotten to witness some of the greatest, most entertaining on-field heroics ever. Early on, when he was shrugging off defenders and playing sandlot football, it took me back to drawing up plays in the mud with a stick. And when you pair THAT with talent like Santonio Holmes, you get a play that makes "the catch" look like pitch and catch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey NE Missouri Steeler.

I have not posted here in a while. However, I saw this thread and felt compelled to respond. I do not even know what the number one and two so called plays are, and personally, I do not even care. I have been watching football, and many other sports, for over four decades. What Holmes did on that play is by far and wide one of the most incredible athletic feats in all of sports history. Not just football. It is called "Athletic Genius".

As a teacher, I have read up on numerous "Theories of Intelligence". Such as those for Mathematics, Writing, the Arts, and yes Kinesthetics; which is related to Physical Human Performance. Given that, what Holmes did on that play was nothing short of Brilliant. To take into account everything that he had to do physically to make that catch happen is pure Physical Intellectual Greatness. You can put it up there with the likes of Einstein, Mozart, Picasso and others in their respected fields of Intelligence. What Holmes did on that play, very few human beings on this planet, from the past, present and future, would/will be able to accomplish. It is simply pure and rare Kinesthetic Genius demonstrated at its very best.

That play goes beyond the sport of just football. It encompasses greatness as one of the most incredible single feats accomplished in all of sports over time. Once again, very few human beings are that gifted to have accomplished that performance of Human Intelligence as I have described above. Thank you Santonio, as well as all of those Steelers involved, to have made it happen. I feel ever so fortunate to have witnessed it live.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 2
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He had to make up for that dropped one that hit him in the bread basket. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    One of the clutchest Steelers of all time. I wish they hadn't had dropped him the summer of 2010. Steelers should have let him play the contract out and maybe we have a better shot on that last drive with him in the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Happy b day steeler super bowl champ and buckeye. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm still mad at Holmes at the way he left, which is his fault not the Steelers... he could have stayed here and been up there with all the All-Time Steeler greats!

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dope addict. Old wake and bake.

15. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    If marijuana is the worst thing he's done then so be it. I'd rather have a stoner on the field than a pill head or a drunk.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's a drug problem if you can't abstain when it is expected from you.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    His account was hacked.:cautious:

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

HERE GO STEEPERS HERE WE GO!:clapping:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yeah go figure, huh? Drop the easiest catch possible to making the one that basically defied all odds. Nevertheless, he did it and without it maybe no Super Bowl victory. I always loved the Slant route that Holmes and Ben ran. What a thing of beauty.

Once again, Holmes catch was one of the most amazing athletic feats I have ever witnessed in my life. And as I stated, I did not watch the show and do not even care what the number one and two catches were. There is no way that they could top what Ben to Holmes did. Just no way! You know it is such a shame the way his career ended up in Pittsburgh. You can put him up there in the Steeler Wide Receivers collection of those that that blew their careers; Holmes, AB, Bryant. Am I missing anyone? All with incredible, phenomenal talent. And each one just threw it all away. I get so upset thinking about it.

I was watching some Steeler YouTube highlights today from a few years ago. We were loaded on Offense. We had Bell, Brown, JuJu, Bryant and McDonald. Then just like that, poof! All gone. Either physically left the team or now just not as effective (McDonald and JuJu). Wow! It is mind-boggling regarding all of the "What ifs" we have been talking about regarding our new found Defense and if we could have kept al of those Offensive pieces together. We would have been set up for a Multi-Championship runs IMO. What a sad state of affairs.

And just as I thought, Bell, Brown and Holmes, have indicated that they want/would have liked to come back to us. They really irk me because you did not have to be a fortune teller to have seen their productions drop off and them coming to the realizations of how good they had it here in Pittsburgh. Once again they all just blew it for themselves, the team, the organization and the fans.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'll see this and raise you one Happy Birthday "Rocky Bleier!"

• Like Like x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

Funny how folks don't learn from history ey?!?!?!

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Loser

23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Ouch! That hurt. I think I'll go back to bed and cry in my pillow while skipping work today.:rolleyes:

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That catch was coin way before Holmes was even in diapers ... lol ... but, I know what you mean

• Like Like x 1
  25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What about me .... I just turned the speed limit (55yrs of age). March 1st