1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Samll school safety prospect Jeremy Chinn

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Mar 3, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

He's 6'3 221lbs with a 41 vertical, and he ran a 4.45 forty at the combine. The Steelers don't have good depth behind Minkah and Edmunds.

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    After his combine/senior bowl performance, i don’t see him making it to our fourths.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Have to pass on this one I am afraid. He is a hybrid player. Hybrids are not the main concern at present.

Having a quality depth option with skills (not talent mind you) like Minkah are key. Marcus Allen and Jordan Dangerfield are not true Single High Safeties. Nevermind that, neither are athletic.

K'von Wallace is not just athletic but can also play the single high and in the box in a pinch. Getting him on Special Teams would also be encouraged. Sure, I would not put him as the last line of defense just yet in terms of tackling and his feet are a bit jittery but he does have the right Football IQ and possesses good instincts.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they cut Barron, Chinn could play some LB/S in their sub packages.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He could be there for the third round comp pick though.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If that is the case, Kyle Drugger would be a better option. He possess far more versatility and is just as athletic as Chinn. That said, he is likely going to be drafted higher than he should be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree. We have enough Marcus Allen’s and Dangerfields. People are scoffing at the notion of using TE in the Barron role. So what is the point in drafting another hybrid guy? What we need is another guy who can play single high which would enable us to use Minkah as a chess piece and TE down in the box. We play our fair share of 3 Safety looks and having the athleticism both MF and TE possess and a eraser on the back end would be very beneficial.

As far as Barron, although it’s still probably inevitable that he is cut I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around what the plan is going to be to replace his 750 snaps. I’m not sure it makes perfect sense that VW is going to just automatically assume his position at ILB for all those missing snaps without Barron. I know many feel Barron was only brought in as insurance and to bring Bush along but now you would be asking Bush to fill Barrons role in coverage while VW resumes his thumper role. Do we even know if Bush can handle that much coverage? You would think that at some point last year they would of slowly transitioned to the VW-DB combo everyone is expecting to be the norm this coming season. I kinda feel they like Bush in the role he played last season and the VW- DB combo isn’t the slam dunk transition we are assuming. Barron played almost twice as many snaps. Like I said I would of thought at some point they would of started the transition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would like to see Gilbert step up and get in the ILB rotation, he's fun to watch in preseason.

• Agree Agree x 2