1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think it connects the tailbone to the stomach.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    My GPS has an Australian accent, and it just sounds like it’s constantly mocking my inability to follow directions.

3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    WARNING - EXTREME HYPOTHETICAL THEORY:
    First off, I believe 100% that Mason Rudolph never uttered that word to Garrett.
    Now I'm going to put this thought out there. What if Garrett is not lying (I'm not saying that Mason said the word), but Garrett truly believes he heard it. The two of them were wrestling on the ground before Garrett ripped Mason's helmet off. What if during that brief wrestle on the ground in which Mason's hands were on Garrett's helmet, if what happened was his finger was stuck in his helmet or facemask and what Mason actually said was "My finger!" Garrett did not hear "finger" and thought he said something else? I do not believe that is what actually happened as Garrett never said a word until his appeal. Also, for Mason to have actually said that, let's face it, it could not have been a whisper and he would have had to yell it loud enough for his own team to hear it. In which case others would not have defended Mason as they did. I know this is an absolute crazy theory, but
    I'm just putting it out there as food for thought.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tea.

And it wasn’t even British to begin with.

If you had taxed Brussels Sprouts, we’d still be speaking English.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're right - "Extreme Theory" - here's a simple theory - someone who is a big fan of listening to this "acceptable/unacceptable" language was blasting their car stereo out in the parking lot and MG thought for a moment it was emanating from MR's lips. Riddle solved. Kiss and make up.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    upload_2020-2-22_6-38-33.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wouldn't! I love Brussels Sprouts!

And I'll be damned, I never knew til right now that it's Brussels Sprouts and not Brussel Sprouts. Damned English!

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He probably did hear it as that word is thrown out all over the field all game long. He just tried penning it to the wrong man during his pity party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What is forgotten in the MG bullshiftness is the head hunting that was prevalent during that game. Maybe he heard it from Kitchens saying that was what Mason & the Steelers thought of the Browns to get their mind right for creating injuries. All swept under the rug because Goodell can't have more image problems while trying to reach the owners profiteering goals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It would surprise me if that is true.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Kitchens seemed to be encouraging dirty play by his team. They were out of hand that night and it came back to bite them in the ass when Garrett got himself suspended. That suspension pretty much ended the Browns' season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I wouldn't be it was said in high school when I was playing on the field on the bus in the lockerroom in the gym on the basketball court etc...

It's in the college game and very much alive in the pros.

You hear it time to time in the background when interviews and celebrations are going. AB and his pack of idiots drop the word quite a bit in his streams.

It's part of the culture like it or not. Hence I believe the man heard it but is pointing a finger at the wrong dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Through a personal connection I hear that Myles Garret is a good guy (though a little volatile). I would not discount that he is telling the truth, regardless of you “prove it” lawyer boys. Profanity rules on today’s football field and the n word is not unknown in games or practices, usually black on black, though.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Was anybody else even close enough that he could have heard them say it and thought it was Rudolph?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Closing time

Time for you to go out go out into the world.

Closing time

Turn the lights up over every boy & every girl.

Closing time

One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.

Closing time

You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I just can't imagine the NFL allowing that to go on when there are multiple people miked up and all sorts of special application mikes out there.

18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I would like to hope they would not as well... However there are many things the NFL don't want to allow to happen but time to time they still in fact happen.

The NFL has been Trying to save face under The guise of supposedly combatting "social injustice" for a few years now, with monies aimed to build a bridge at the behest of the handful of players stomping their feet after the Kap debacle... Calling the league and its owners slave owners and racists etc...

Last thing they are going to do is start fining folks for the use of that particular word especially when you've seen even here on this board the notion stating that it is used as a term of endearment in the black community... Which I think is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Sure I grew up around it as probably a lot of people here have however I've seen that term thrown around in statements between men in that community and the **** was all out F'n meant to degrade and did so mixed with a **** ton of violence in the process. Like I said on the field, in the lockerroom, on the hard wood at parties etc... It was even worse to witness in my law enforcement career.

The league may not like it and I believe a lot of the players don't like it at all but the truth is a lot of players say it just as much casually in a greeting or hangout session as they do with animosity and hate before blows are thrown. It's ingrained in some that way period. That is a fight they don't want to have. Believe me if that kid said that **** it would've been known by all before the teams got off the field and the NFL would've smoked Rudolph in a heart beat!
    The idea that they would cover this up is asinine as that would be their biggest Ace in the Hole in regards to the **** storm the kneeling turned into.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    You had a bunch of people involved in that lil scrum. Either way in heated moments things are heard that were never said and many things said that you can't recall because when stuff is tight it's sensory overload even for people who are trained to thrive in those situations.

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Stupid is as stupid does.

I just assume that with the players on the field at any given moment, the utterance of that word would ignite an uncontrollable street brawl; guns and knives would come out of their padding!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Thank God Ray Lewis is retired. :huh:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1