1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone see Pouncey?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dagmire, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Well, we can certainly agree that, regardless of the motivation, if children are benefiting, it's a good thing:drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is completely unfair to the players in the NFL to assume that 99 percent of them are only doing charity work because they have to. That idea is based on some unfair assumptions about them.

The Pouncey brothers have acted like jackasses in the past, but it is possible that they actually want to take advantage of their ability to help others, too.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think that's his vocabulary. Uses it each & every day. I know a lot of people who talk just like him. Some are just ignorant of better words to use, some make sense using vulgar language, some are a lost cause.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I didn't read the article but my guess is they are worried about the new gambling $$$ being threatened with a delay.

The owners are now on board with gambling on NFL games. Too much money to be made, Goodell will be the consigliere.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How do we have a society where children are starving and idiots are complaining they don’t have million?

And other idiots on here agree with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Anybody think it would be funny if I got a

#Cy
    jersey?

7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I complain every morning when driving to work. Not that I'm going to work but the idiots on the road. I'll try to think about the starving children tomorrow & not think about putting the guy in front of me into the guardrail. :drinks:

Edit: Pouncey would be proud of my language.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's possible that I could win the lottery

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    As sad as it is, one will never fix the other.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that you are determined to see the worst in pro athletes.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Just pro athletes?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am trying to stay on topic. It is wrong and unfair to just assume that 99 percent of pro athletes who do charity work don’t actually want to help others.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Stone would never be wrong or unfair, just ask him. ;)

Considering Pouncey's upbringing & where he is at, yes he wants to help others with his same circumstances growing up. Where u at AB?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Reality is a hard pill for some to swallow:hehehe:

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Some day you will manage to choke it down. Until then, you will keep making ridiculous claims about the motivations of people you don't know.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Go away kid. You always seem to have an axe to grind! Grind it elsewhere!

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are the one who has an axe to grind here. You made the accusation that 99 percent of athletes who do charity work are somehow forced into it. Why are you a sports fan if you have such disdain for athletes?

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I know you feel better if your heart is bleeding for someone who feels sorry for themselves but this isn't about bleeding hearts. It's about who wants to look up to thugs and criminals who get paid to entertain us at the sport we are all addicted to. I choose to look up to people when they have earned it but that doesn't mean you can't sit around feeling sorry for people and defending their rights. It's called "victim mentality"....it makes you feel better if you are fighting for a cause....regardless of the merit of that cause.

Fight away......

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps you could try discussing what I actually wrote rather than making up both sides of the conversation, which is what you did in this post.

I never said we need to look up to pro athletes. I criticized the Pouncey brothers on this very thread. I've been critical of character issues shown by other athletes, including Ben Roethlisberger. I've said time and again that one reason I didn't turn on the Steelers when they stuck by Roethlisberger is my belief that every pro sports team has some bad guys on it.

What you seem to be saying is that they are all bad guys. I don't see you disputing that. If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, your post suggests that all pro athletes are thugs and criminals. Is that what you are saying? If I read it wrong, please do clarify.

All I disputed is your claim that 99 percent of pro athletes who engage in some form of charitable work do it because they are somehow forced into it. Is that just your gut feeling that they are all bad guys?

I believe pro athletes are like any other group of people. There are good people and bad ones. Maybe more pro athletes get away with being bad people for a variety of reasons, but they aren't all bad people. I'm also willing to bet I've met quite a few more than you have due to my former career and other connections I've had with that community.

People are complex. Some people have done bad things and they have acted like jackasses, but they have also tried to do right by people in other areas of their lives. Most people aren't all good or all bad. Most are somewhere in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Look, it's well known here, and I'm sure everywhere you go, that you like to twist people's comments into something you can argue about....it makes you feel superior.

I know that 99% was an exaggeration, hell, 1% would mean there only has to be "a few good men" in the NFL which I am sure there are, and more. The point is, no matter how you want to twist it, I don't adore NFL players because they do charity work, it's part of what is expected of them because they are celebrities and celebrities do things to make themselves look good in the lime-light.

Please stop doing the twist!

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :popcorn:

It’s like deja vu all over again.

- Yogi Berra

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please don't try to analyze me. You don't do it well.

I didn't twist your words. I reflected them back at you as you wrote them. Instead of trying to support them, you are attacking me.

You are the one who made the claim about 99 percent of them only doing charity work because they have to and you are the one who called professional athletes criminals and thugs.

I never said I look up to them. That was you misrepresenting my words. So was your claim that I twisted anything you wrote.

I'm sorry that a sports fan has such disdain for athletes. That must be frustrating for you.

23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Dagmire.

I saw the video before. Yes, good stuff. However, first he needs to "re-find" his game. I appreciate his team unity but he needs to work out his personal performance issues as well.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid